Sweet Dream

Fine Line

Ok.
I think jet lag is making me delirious or something cause I'm clearly hearing things.
That rich and probably super influencial CEO person just said that he's my grandfather.
I'm pretty sure that's my cue to go to my hotel room and pass out for the day.

"________________," Luhan's voice snapped me out of my zoned out state, "you ok? Do you need to like....lay down or something?"
I shook my head. 
Or at least I hope I did. I don't really have the best perception of what my body's doing right now.
"You're so lying again," he retorted back, despite my obvious lack of words. "It's ok if you need to like sit. I would probably be laying in a paralyzed, shock-induced state on the ground if I heard that the CEO of one of the biggest corporations in the world is my grandpa."
"If that's the case, then I totally wouldn't mind a chair and maybe some water?" I latched onto his arm as I felt my legs giving out underneath me. My "grandpa" was just standing there, watching two other security guards rush up and push a chair under me as I slowly sank down. Luhan opened a water bottle and handed it to me.

I've never chugged water that fast in my life.

"So let me get this straight," I finally said after downing the entire bottle, "you're my grandpa?? Are you...are you sure? This isn't some like random reality show where they trick innocent people is it?"
The old man snapped his fingers and the same two security guards sprang into action and placed a chair under him. As he sat down, I could see his eyes linger at Luhan for a split second, almost like he was signaling him for something. But nothing happened. Luhan remained behind me with his hands clapsed behind his back.
"I know this is a bit hard to take in right now," he started, fiddling around with some of the rings decorating his fingers, "but I actually a your grandfather."

In one swift motion, he removed a ring from his finger then held it out to me. I didn't pick it up though. I kinda just bent over in my chair and looked at it from where I was.
If I actually got out of my seat to look at it, I'd probably fall over at the sight of it.
The ring was small in size compared to some of the ones he was wearing. It was elegant looking but super simple since it was just a single gold band.
Just like the one on my finger.

"Wait," I pointed at the ring still nestled in his palm, "I have that too. But I mean, anyone could have a ring like this right? The design is so simple..."
"The CE logo is imprinted on the inside of the ring," He nodded at my hand as he put his own back onto his finger, "Every person in our family has it. You never got your own because your mother decided against it after you were born." 
It sounded like the last part of the sentence came out with a little distain in his voice. But the guy had a perfect poker face on. Absolutely no emotion crossed it whenever he talked about or even mentioned my mother.
Which was strange...considering she's his daughter.

"So...let's just say that you seriously are my grandpa," I heisitantly asked, watching him get out of his chair and make his way towards the windows. "Why didn't I see you at my mom's funeral then?"

Even with his back to me, I could tell that I had pushed a button by the way his shoulders tensed up. But when he turned back around, his emotionless demeanor was back. There wasn't even a trace of the earlier tension.
"That," he finally replied, "is a story for another day. You should get some rest for now."
"Bu-"
"Luhan, would you her to her hotel?"

I turned around and saw Luhan bow deeply to the CEO before he tapped me on the shoulder and motioned for me to get up. The brightness in his eyes before we had come into the room was now replaced with an icy cloud. He was silently telling me that I didn't have another choice. I had to get up and give up on the question. My insides twisted and churned at how many open ends this visit didn't patch up and how it just opened many others. I was even more confused than I was before I came here.

I hated it.
All these puzzles and riddles, everyone I meet beating around the bush like this was starting to get really old.
For once, I just want someone on this side of the world to tell me the truth.

"Keep walking," Luhan's voice broke into my mental rant. He was whispering with his lips so close to my ear that I could feel his breath tingle against my skin. "I'll tell you what you wanna know later. Just keep walking."


Author's Note
chapter title: Sweet Dream-Drunken Tiger, Yoon Mi Rae, Bizzy [x]