Take off

Fine Line

"Where are you taking me?" I tried to twist my wrist out of his grasp but nothing was working. It was like this guys was made out of steel. He didn't really give me any other option but to follow him.
"Where do you think? You gotta get to Taiwan right?" he responded, not even looking back at me. When we arrived at the gate, he went up to the lady and said a few things to her, leaving me and my luggage standing there. She nodded at whatever he said then moved to open the gate doors.

That's weird.
I don't see a plane attached to the other side of this thing.

"There's no plane," I said as the guy came over again. He motioned for me to stand up and follow him.

No.
There is absolutely no way I'm going anywhere without some sort of explanation.
This guy better start talking before I drop everything and start running.

"Are you blind? There's no plane attached to the terminal!" I stood my ground as he wrapped his hand around my wrist again. This time, I plan on putting up a fight. "Where the heck are you even taking me?"
"I told you," he pulled again, this time with a bit more strength which sent me flying towards him, "you need to get to Taiwan. How else are you gonna get there huh? You plan on swimming across the Pacific?"
"Bu-"
"I know there's no plane attached to the terminal! The plane you're taking is outside the terminal area, away from the other commercial airliners. But someone has to drive us us there so we're not violating hundreds of safety protocols."

"Oh," I loosened my resistance, letting myself be dragged through the doors and down to the car that was waiting for us. We sat there in silence as the driver talked to some runway personel, his coversation getting drowned out by the noise of the planes around us. A few minutes later, he got back into the car and started driving across the runway until all the noise from the other planes disappeared, only to be replaced with the sight of another plane. This one was smaller and all white with the exception of the huge CE logo plastered on the side.

No. Freakin. Way.
This is so not what I think it is.

"Uhhhhhh...." I opened my mouth to ask something but all the words just disappeared as soon as the car stopped a few feet away from the stairs leading up into the plane.
Or should I say, PRIVATE JET.

"This is what you'll be flying in," the good looking guy with the sassy attitude said as he opened the door for me. The driver had already taken out my carry on luggage and the flight attendents were already putting them in the plane. "I'm almost 100% sure it's better than flying in a regular airplane with hundreds of people surrounding you, no leg room, and crapped seating."

"I'm...pretty sure you're right too," I managed to say, trying not to look too shocked and amazed. The whole idea of me playing it cool was so not even a possibility right now. He directed me to the stairs, motioning at me to go up first. Every step I took up the stairs leading into the plane was in slow mo. I wanted to remember and relish in the fact that I was gonna be taking a private jet to Taiwan. Of course, the moment would've been so much better if the sassy one behind me wasn't rushing me in.

"It's not that big of a deal," he huffed out when both of us finally got into the plane. The flight attendents closed and sealed the door as I sank myself into one of the plush, leather seats.

I have no idea how any of this is happening, but I really didn't even care.
Might as well shut up and enjoy it.

"You're not gonna ask?" The guy sat across from me, staring at me intently almost as if he was examining me or something. It kinda gave me the creeps.
"About what?"
"All of this. You're not the least bit curious as to why you're flying halfway around the world in a private jet right now?"

I shrugged, taking a cup of honey roasted nuts as the flight attendent handed one to me. "I'm gonna just let this happen and enjoy it. I'm scared if I start questioning things, I'm not gonna like the answers that I'll get."
The guy nodded, getting out of the seat, "Fair enough. You might as well enjoy things while you can."


Author's Note
chapter title: Take off-2PM [x]