Nagging

Fine Line

Luhan has something to ask me?
Wait, shouldn't he be like face first in a pillow at the hospital right now and not talking on the phone?

I walked over and took the phone from the secretary's hand, gingerly raising it up to my ear.
"Hello?"
A cough answered me, followed by a throat clear. Yup. That was definitely Luhan.
"Shouldn't you be like sleeping or something?" I asked into the phone, my arms naturally wanting to cross themselves to assume the sass position but couldn't.
Stupid arm fracture.
"Ok I see how it is," Luhan answered. "I'm away for not even 2 hours and you turn all sassy on me."
I rolled my eyes as if he could actually see it, "Please. I was already sassy before I even knew you. Now answer my question. Why aren't you resting up?"
"Cause I had to make sure you were okay. Duh."

The sass game is so strong right now.
"Why wouldn't I be okay? Police officers were all over this place and seriously up in my business too."
"What're you talking about? Did they do something?"
"Nah, they just found something that they said was interesting. It was hidden in a safe behind one of the bookshelves in my grandpa's office. You know something about it?"

There was a pause.
Literally dead silence.
For a second there, I thought he'd hung up or the connection was lost until I heard the sound of the sheets shuffling in the background.

"You wanna answer my question?" I leaned against the desk, staring at the little details that were carved into the ceiling.
"No. I don't know anything about it." His voice sounded a bit on the surprised side, with a hint of nervousness. When it came to company business, there wasn't a thing that Luhan didn't know about. He even knew about the past transactions that happened before he even entered the company. If he didn't know anything about those documents, they must be trouble.
"But you know everything about the company," I hesitantly replied, trying to get more information out of him. Maybe he was lying to me to protect my grandpa's secret.
"Usually yeah. But I seriously don't know anything about a hidden safe or secret documents. I don't even know when your grandpa had a safe installed back there."
"Well the documents are from 14 years ago..."
"Doesn't matter how old they are. If they're listed in the company's database, I would know at least a little about it. I know absolutely nothing about these papers."

Holy crap. Luhan doesn't know anything either.
I had officially faceplanted straight into a brick wall.

"So what do we about them then? I don't think this is something we can ignore," I looked at the envelopes that I had placed next to me on top of the desk. The secretary was busy clicking away at her computer, scrolling through page after page of shoes. 
I don't blame her cause I'd honestly be shoe shopping too.
"No one said anything about ignore them," Luhan replied back. "Bring them to me and I'll see what this is all about."
"But you're in the hospital."

A sigh rustled through the phone and hit my ear in a wave of static. I pulled it a little bit away so I didn't have to put up with his annoying sigh that I hear literally every single time we see each other.

"Do you think that actually matters at a time like this? I have a feeling that whatever is on those documents might make or break the company. We can't let everything your grandpa worked for go to waste."
Guilt stabbed me in the chest. What Luhan said was true. My grandpa had worked so hard getting the company to where it is today, and if these papers were actually that important, than we couldn't just ignore them.
But on the other hand, if they seriously have something to do with Mark and why he was out to get revenge on CE, then I really didn't want to know. 

Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

"_________________, I'm not gonna die from looking at a few papers. Just bring them over," his voice cut through my thoughts, snapping me out of my worrying. There was no other way out of this. I actually need to find out what all these numbers and figures mean if I was gonna go anywhere with this company on my shoulders.
"Fine. I'll be right over. Just don't move."
"Oh trust me. I'm not going anywhere."


Author's Note
chapter title: Nagging-IU & Seulong [x]