I Have No Words

Fine Line

I did the first thing I could think of doing.
I ran.

I honestly didn't even care if he saw me book it out of that courtyard, but I literally didn't even think twice about picking myself up and making a run for it.
My heart was pounding, threatening to burst out of my chest. And I didn't even realize that tears were streaming down my face until after a few minutes of just straight running. They got mixed in with the rain that was now pouring down at full force. People everywhere around me were all taking shelter in stores or fighting against the heavy rain with umbrellas or rain jackets.

But I just stood there in the middle of the sidewalk, completely vulnerable to the onslaught of water pouring down from the sky. The clothes I was wearing stuck to every inch of my skin, almost as if they were trying to choke me. I felt flecks of dirt and mud fly onto the back of my leg as I started to walk again, trying to put as much distance as possible in between me and Mark. Was he even chasing me? Did he even see me sprint out of there?

Wait.
Why was I even running away?

I should be happy that he randomly showed up in Taipei with how much I've been missing him these past few days. I should've ran straight at him instead of running away from him.
So why did my body automatically react the way it did?
My feet slowed down until I stopped again in the middle of a street side park. All the wooden benches stretches along the brick pathway I was standing on were soaked through but it didn't matter to me. I was already completely drenched.

I plopped down into one, looking around at the sparsely planted trees and thin areas of grass. The park was completely empty except for me.
Then again, no one would be as crazy as me to sit out here in the middle of a thunderstorm. But the emptiness and silence in the park was soothing. I let out a deep breath and finally let my mind wander back to the events that happened just a few minutes before. 

Mark was sitting there talking on his phone.
And that was definitely him. The guy's profile and the cell phone charm completely gave it away.
He sounded different though.
His voice was the same but the tone, the way it registered in my head was foreign. Like someone other than Mark was the one sitting there with his voice, face, and phone. And whoever he was talking to seemed to be giving him orders.

The phone conversation replayed itself in my head. For someone who knew where I was and what I was doing every day, he seemed to ask a lot of questions about them.
But why the heck would he be asking someone about what he should do? Why didn't he just come find me?
Why was he even here?
The more questions ran through my head, the heavier it became until I found myself cradling it in my hands. Water from my hair dripped onto my already wet legs while some ran down my face, mixing in with the drying tears. My face scrunched up in pain, partially from the heaviness and dread I felt in my chest but mostly from the enormous headache that was creeping through my skull. I needed to get back to the hotel before I passed out here. I needed to let someone know. I needed help.

"You look horrible," a familiar voice said from above me. My eyes snapped open and it took my brain a good couple of seconds to realize that I couldn't feel the rain stinging against my skin anymore. I slowly moved my head up, finally getting my eyes to focus on the guy standing next to me holding a huge umbrella that could fit 4 people under it.
"Luhan? What're you doing here? How'd you even find me?" I tried to stand up, but my legs were dead. All the running and the side effects from being out in the rain for too long were finally catching up with me. My entire body felt like lead.
"You really thought I'd let you wander around this city without someone watching you?" he stuck his hand out, grabbed one of mine, then tugged me upwards. I flew up and right into his chest. There was no way my legs could support all my weight right now.
"I knew you wanted time alone so I stayed a block away from you while I followed you all the way to that courtyard and now here," he looped one of his arms around my waist while throwing my own arm around his neck. I grabbed onto the collar of his blazer to keep myself steady as we started walking out of the park and towards the black car that was pulled up by the start of the brick pathway. My vision was starting to blur. This was not good.

"You're.....such a....stalker," my words slurred out. I could feel the vibrations shaking his body as he laughed at how my sentence sounded. People probably thought I was drunk or something. Great first impression of the person who was gonna be standing in front of dozens of cameras the next day.
"I'm the stalker that just saved your . So stop being a brat about it and at least try to look like you're kinda okay."
"I would....if I actually could."

I heard him heave a sigh before I felt the rain hitting my head again. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the huge umbrella lay discarded on the ground for a split second before Luhan hooked his other arm under my legs and pulled me up.
"You are so heavy," he started to walk towards the car at the faster pace, ignoring the umbrella that was now being blown in the opposite direction. I felt kinda bad.

That umbrella looked expensive.

"Shut up," I mumbled out before I finally stopped fighting and let my eyes close. But all I could see was Mark. His face was completely blank, not a single emotion was showing and all the brightness in his eyes was gone. He looked like a statue.
I called out to him but my voice came out as silence. He started to turn around, his back slowly coming into view. I wanted to run to him. I wanted to ask him all the questions that were flying around in my head before. I wanted answers from him. But I couldn't move. All I could do was watch him walk away and disappear. 


Author's Note
chapter title: I Have No Words-Vodka Rain [x]
i wanna say that this is in the ending phase but i can't tell for sure yet haha xD anyways! thank you to the people who have given this story love and support! your comments make my day and never fail to put a smile on my face hehe :) and to my silent readers, please speak up! i wanna know what you think! ^^

ALSO! WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO GOT7'S COMEBACK!!! AHHHHHH!!!
i am totally in love with his hair right now and how they're styling it. ugh. his perfection is literally overwhelming lol.