Who You?

Fine Line

The handle felt weird under my fingers as I slowly closed my hand around it. Part of me seriously didn't want to open this door. I had no idea if Luhan was lying or not about what's on the other side of it. He said that the answers to all my questions are in here, but how the heck do I know he's even being legit?
 

"Do you not know how to use a door knob?" his voice broke into my thoughts, scattering my worries around in my head. I turned around and threw him a death glare. The second our eyes made contact, I could tell right away that he already knew what was up.
"You don't trust me do you?" he stepped closer. I unconsciously took a step backwards.

Damn it.
I could've lied, but my body totally just gave it away.

"Ok, I don't trust you," I took my hand off the handle then crossed my arms in front of my chest, "but can you blame me? I didn't even know what you're name was until 10 minutes ago. Like if you think about it, you're a complete stranger to me."
"And yet, you got on a plane and took a 16 hour flight to a foreign country with me."
"Cause I thought-"
"You thought what? I'm still a stranger remember?" his lips curled into a smirk as he bowed his head a little in my direction. I wanted so desperately to punch him in his perfect face.

I turned around to face the door again so I wouldn't have to see his smug annoying face. Whatever was on the other side of this thing, it couldn't be much worse than what I had to deal with out here. The door knob turned easily and the door swung open, revealing an extremely spacious office space. The room was a gigantic rectangle with floor to ceiling glass windows lining all the walls. The desk was sitting directly in front of the door on the other side of the room, its chair being occupied with an old man who looked like he was in his 60s. Everything about him screamed "rich and important", down to the Rolex watch that was sitting on his wrist.

"I brought her," Luhan's voice switched into a more proper, clipped tone as he talked to the old guy in the front.  He looked up from his computer, which was sitting on the corner of his large desk and stared straight at me. It looked like the hard edges around his eyes softened a little when he saw me, or maybe it was just the light tricking me.
"Uhhhhhh," I inched closer to Luhan, not taking my eyes off of the old man who had stood up and was now walking towards me, "why is he coming closer?"
"Because he wants a closer look at you. The last time you were here, you were still inside your mom," he responded, taking a step away from me, "so he's never really got the chance to see you in person."

Wait.
My mom knows this guy?

"Yeah ok. But why does he want a closer look in the first place? Like why the heck does it matter to him that he's never gotten to see me in person before? I don't even know him."
Luhan flashed me a quick confused look, "Your mom never told you anything?"
"Told me what? I didn't even know she was suppose to tell me anything!"
"Oh my gosh, this just got a lot more awkward," I heard him whisper under his breath. He looked up at the old man, who at this point was standing only a few feet in front of us, still quickly making his way over. 

Thank goodness this office was unnecessarily big.

"Sir, I need to tell you something," Luhan said as the guy stopped in front of us. The man waved his hand in the air, almost as if he was shutting Luhan down.
"Tell me later, Luhan."
"Uhhhhh...it's kind of impo-"
"I said tell me later," the guy gave Luhan a look that made him shut up so fast, it absolutely amazed me. I totally didn't even see the old man reaching his hand over and patting the top of my head until I felt it on my head.
I flinched unconsciously, backing away a little.

"I'm sorry," I bowed my head a little, suddenly remembering how all the other people I met today bowed at me, "I...don't think we've ever met."
"_________________, you can stop pretending now. Your dad isn't here. You're safe," the old man said, giving me a smile. I returned it with the same confused expression that's been on my face since I walked in through those doors.
"But I'm not pretending..." I shook my head a little, watching the smile on his face fade into one that reflected my own. Except he turned it towards Luhan.
"What is she talking about?" he asked Luhan. I watched him step forward and point at me.
"I was trying to tell you before, sir. Her mom didn't tell her anything before she died."

The guy turned his face to me again, the confusion melting away into shock. "So you really don't know who I am?"
"I know you're important," I heisitantly said as I shrugged. "I mean, why else would you be in this gigantic office at the top of a corporate headquarters building?"
To my surprise, he didn't keep questioning me. The shock on his face didn't even last for long.

He was laughing.

"Oh, my dear. Your mother really didn't tell you anything," he replied, taking a few more steps towards me. For teh first time, I noticed his eyes weren't actually as cold and steelly as they looked from far away. They had a certain...warmness to them.
"You're 80% right again," Luhan bent over a little to whisper in my ear. "He's the CEO of this place."

Wait....EXCUSE ME!?

"The CEO!?!?" I blurted out, my eyes growing wide from the shock and disbelief that came rushing at me all at once. "How am I even talking to a CEO? Why am I even talking to one??" 
"Because, my dear," the CEO took a few more steps towards me so he was literally an arms length away. He placed his hands on my shoulders and gave me another big smile, "I'm your grandfather."


Author's Note
chapter title: Who You?-G-Dragon [x]
lol i was listening to a REALLY old song while writing this chaper, but it totally powered me through....and now i'm obsessed with the song all over again.
does anyone else remember the song Heaven by DJ Sammy?? i think it used to be on DDR haha xD i used to play that too lol. oh childhood....