Hush

Fine Line

I found myself winding my arms around his waist, pulling him tightly to me.
I have no idea where I even found the courage to initiate the hug...something just overcame me.
I just couldn't stand there anymore and listen to him hate on himself.

"Making you shut up," I responded, burying my face into the crook of his neck. To my surprise, I felt his hands reach around me and pull me even closer.
I have no idea what him responding to my hug even meant but I'm just gonna roll with it.
"Stop hating on yourself. You did more than you think you did. Trust me," I pulled away a little to look up at him. 
"Bu-"
"No buts. Mark, to me, you just being there already meant a lot ok? Even if you like Haylie, I st-"
"Whoa there," he let his arms go and backed up a few steps, "who said I liked Haylie?"
"Wait....you don't?"
"No! Who the heck told you I did?"
"Uhhhhh....."
"You were overthinking again weren't you?"
"But she definitely likes you. And since you said yes to her Haunting invite, I thought..."

Mark's lips curled into a small smile as he closed the gap in between us again. His hand patted the top of my head gently.
"You need to stop thinking sometimes ______________. I only said yes cause I wanted to go to this thing. I guess I kinda used her to get in."
"Oh," I looked down at my feet, feeling the heat on my cheeks. My brain seriously needed to stop working overtime.
"And by your logic," he stuck a finger under my chin and tilted my head upwards, "that means you like Aron."

Ugh.
I hate it when he's right."

"In my defense, you two looked like a legit couple."
"So," his face leaned in closer, "what do we look like right now to you?"

Oh my gosh.
My face was probably a tomato by now.
I seriously wanted to pull away but my feet wouldn't move.
And I'm not gonna lie, I kinda liked where this was going.

"Roommates who're getting a little too comfortable around each other?" I responded, keeping my eyes locked on his.
He didn't even flinch.
"Sorry. Wrong answer."

His leaned down further and by total instinct, I lifted myself up a little to meet him halfway.
The moment our lips touched, everything else around me didn't matter any more.
I had to focus every bit of my energy and concentration on making my legs work.
His lips molded themselves to mine as I came out of my state of shock and kissed him back, throwing my arms around his neck. He took that as a sign and deepened the kiss. I could feel him smiling into it, biting down on my lower lip slightly. It took me by surprise but I didn't mind. After all, it's not every day when two childhood friends suddenly become a couple.

If that's what we even were.

"Hold up," I pulled away, breathing a little heavier than usual, "you never told me the answer to your question since I got it wrong the first time."
His lips formed a smirk as he bent his head down, nipping at my neck before he said, "You wanna try to answer it again?" His voice and breath on my skin made me shiver a bit and I'm pretty sure he felt it too.
"Just tell me," I pulled away more, holding his head between my hands. His hands found their way onto mine, gently taking them off and intertwining our fingers.

"Roommates who just became a couple."


Author's Note
chapter title: Hush-miss A [x]
kinda short chapter but that's ok cause i'm finally done my essay!!! which means my break officially starts right now! :D ahhhh so excited hehe
don't forget to upvote and subscribe guys! and leave me a comment on what you think so far!