MTBD

Fine Line

"I HAVE TO WHAT!?"

Luhan closed his eyes and flinched a little at my sudden, dramatic increase in vocal volume. "I'm pretty sure I just told you," he muttered out, trying to avoid catching my eyes.
Oh so now he tries to avoid eye contact.
Jerk.
I am so not letting this go without a fight....or an explanation.

"Telling me and explaning it to me are two totally different things!" I stepped closer to him, watching him squirm a little at how close I was getting. Trust me, I didn't want to be all up in his face, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
"I thought that sentence was pretty self explanatory though," he replied, finally looking at me. I scoffed, narrowing my eyes at him.
"When was this even decided? Cause I don't remember signing myself up."
"You didn't need to. You were born into it. Just cause your mother broke ties with the company, doesn't mean that you did and clearly your mother didn't want you to be completely in the dark about this either."
"My mother didn't have a choice," I almost spat out, thinking about her funeral and how my so called grandfather didn't even bother showing up.
"Exactly. Your crazy father killed her and is chasing after you in hopes of taking the company away since he's technically after you in the line up. He wanted the money and the power desperately enough to have his own family and completely lose himself. She knew how dangerous things would be if your dad took control of CE so she planted those clues for you to find if something happened to her. And even if none of this stuff happened, she still would've told you on your 21st birthday. Why? Cause it's your decision and your grandpa would've flown to America just to get an answer out of you. She didn't have a choice from the beginning."

Well now...
Totally did not expect all that to come out of his mouth.
And I honestly don't even know how to respond to that. How did he even know all that anyways? Does my grandpa really drunk talk that much??

"Your grandpa keeps tabs on your mother," his response made it seem like he was reading my thoughts. "Trust me. He knows more than you think."

Great.
My grandpa is not only a heartless old man who didn't even go to his own daughter's funeral but he's also a stalker.
Super.

"So now what am I suppose to do?" I slumped back down onto the bed, feeling a wave of defeat rush over me. "I don't know the first thing about running a company. I'm a freakin pre-med major, not a business person. Even if I say yes to inheriting all of this, how am I even suppose to keep it alive?"
Luhan pushed himself off the desk, twisted his body around in mid air, then landed onto the bed with a soft thump. "Don't freak out. You have like a week before you have to get in front of the public and decide."

Is this guy serious?
It takes me a week to study for one exam.
How am I suppose to learn how to run a huge business and make a life changing decision in that amount of time?

"Uhhhhh...easier said than done," I replied, watching Luhan stretch himself out on the bed. His white dress shirt untucked slightly from his pants, revealing a little sliver of his stomach. I turned away to hide my red face as I felt the bed shift under me again. He had stood up and was straightening out his shirt. His face was casted down but his body was turned in the direction of the door. 

"Like I said," he reached down and patted my the top of my head while I looked down at my feet, "don't freak out. Your grandpa knows what he's doing. Just get some sleep and be ready for tomorrow."
"Wait, what's going on tomorrow??" I felt the panic start to rise in my chest again, looking up at him for an answer. But Luhan didn't say anything. He wasn't even there anymore.

The guy had slipped out the door before I could even react.


Author's Note
chapter title: MTBD-CL [x]