Never Let You Go

Fine Line

"Good girl," my dad pulled his arm back and sent Luhan flying backwards onto the glass covered ground. He let out a scream of pain as the tiny glass shards dug into his exposed skin. I cringed, watching him just lay there. This wasn't the Luhan I knew. This wasn't the guy who was always sassing and nagging me for the tiniest things, the guy who was my rock through all these huge life changes. My dad had reduced that guy to a crumpled heap on the floor.

I looked at Luhan then back at my dad's smirking face. Anger bubbled up inside of me, and the sudden urge to throw the chair I was currently tied to at his face was overwhelming.
He killed my mom and he almost took Luhan away from me.
This has to end.
Now.

"What do you want?" I looked up at his tall figure that was casting a shadow onto me. Mark stood a little behind him, almost as if he was hesitant to be near me.
As he should be.
"I'm surprised no one told you yet," my dad scoffed, walking back to his place by the desk. With a slight hop, he sat down on top of the desk and crossed his arms. He did all of this while keeping his eyes fixed on me.
"Told me what?"
"The real reason why your mother and I got married."

Flashbacks of Luhan telling me about my mom's past rushed into my head. I closed my eyes, almost as if I was trying to defend myself against the images that ran through my thoughts.
"I already know. Save yourself the trouble."
"Then you should also know that I planned all this from the beginning."

My head snapped up. I tried so hard not to let my confusion and shock show on my face but he saw right through the tough face I put on. 
"You don't have to try to hide your feelings ________________. I'm your father. You think I don't know you by now?"
It was my turn to scoff. "Please. You were barely my father. Don't pretend like you know me."
"Ouch. Guess I should've saw that one coming. Still, I guess I should explain shouldn't I?"

I swear, if he ever came anywhere close to my legs, I would kick him so hard in the balls that he won't be able to stand up for the next 4 hours. The way he just said that last sentence was emotionless. 100% full of bull . Just like him.
I just glared at him from across the room, hoping that if I did that long enough, he would somehow, magically catch on fire and burn to death. He returned my glare with a look of his own, completely unphased.
"What they told you was only about 10% of the actual story. It's true that your mom ran away from home to escape an arranged marriage, but your grandfather doesn't know that I found her in the streets, completely piss drunk and begging for attention from basically anyone walking around that looked relatively like a guy. She was basically a ."
"Shut up! Stop lying and tell me the truth!"
"You think I would lie about something like this? You can believe it or not, but what happened already happened. Telling me to shut up isn't gonna change your mom's dirty past. But that's besides the point. I found her. I felt sorry for her. So I took her in when she passed out after some other chick kicked her off her boyfriend. I basically nursed her back to health and gave back her sanity. But during that time, I found out that she was actually the daughter of the CEO of CE. So here comes the part that you wanna hear."

My dad jumped off the table and started walking towards me. Every step her took seemed to echo off the walls in the office.
"From the moment I found out about who I was taking care of, who I actually picked up from the streets, I couldn't see myself working in my dead weight, minimum wage job anymore. I saw myself here." He spread his arms out, his head slightly tilted up at the ceiling. He looked a bit crazy, like he was slowly starting to lose it.
"I wanted, more than anything, to become CEO of one of the most powerful, influencial, and wealthy companies on this planet. I wanted it so badly that I pretended to care about your mom, I pretended to love her and even went as far as marrying her to secure my spot. From there, I simply waited...until one mistake led to the one thing that would completely my years of playing pretend."

He pointed at me, his eyes burning a hole into my forehead.

"You. You were an accident. You were never suppose to be born! I was drunk and wasn't in my right mind. One mistake led to you popping out of your mom 9 months later. I tried so hard to convince her to abort. I tried everything I could to make her have a miscarriage. I tried freakin' everything but I guess you were stubborn even before you were born. Because of you, everything got messed up. And by then, it was too late for me. Your mom had finally caught on, and I think you know how the story goes from there."

He was breathing heavily, his chest heaving up and down as he continued to stumble closer and closer. "If it weren't for you, I'd already have what I want! All of this is your fault!" Luhan struggled against his bonds, trying to squirm his way to me before my dad could do anything rash, but every time he moved, a searing stab of pain would stop him, judging from how much he's wince. I desperately tugged on my own restraints, feeling my anger turn into fear with every step he took.

If I didn't escape now, my grandpa's gonna have to find himself a new heir.

"Yes, I'm the one who messed up on that day, but you could've died all those times I tried to kill you. Would've made things a lot easier. But every single time, something or someone got in the way," he was 2 feet away from me at this point. And I was 2 feet away from the end of my life. "Everything is different this time. Things are finally starting to go the way I had planned over 21 years ago. And it's all gonna start once you're out of the picture."

I had no idea when he got his hands on Luhan's gun, but when he lifted it up to my face, I couldn't even breathe.
He was actually gonna kill me. The one thing he needed from me, the only thing I could ever give him as a daughter, is my death.
Tears silently fell down my cheeks and dripped off onto my leg as I heard the clicking of the gun loading. This was it. I was gonna die and I couldn't even put up a fight to make things difficult for him until the very end.

I squeezed my eyes shut right as he pulled the trigger. A loud bang echoed off the walls, shaking every single part of me.
But I didn't feel any pain. 
Slowly, I opened my eyes, letting them adjust to the bright light coming in from the shattered window. 

It was pointing directly at Mark, who was laying on the ground clutching his side.
One look at the blood that was dripping past his hands and I knew immediately what had happened.
Mark had jumped in front of the bullet to save my life.


Author's Note
chapter title: Never Let You Go-Generations from Exile Tribe [x]
all dem teasers...JYP....just release the music video already =.= must see ma baby's do those body rolls.