Secret

Fine Line

I slumped down in my chair, trying to push the desk as far away as possible from me with my feet.
Every part of me screamed no. 
My brain was so not wired to learn business. I would rather take 5 anatomy exams and dissect a random animal than look at charts about money.

"I am so done with this!" I kicked the desk further away in a last spurt desperate attempt at making my feelings more than obvious. Luhan stared at me from behind his glasses, sighing as he took them off and hooked it onto his shirt's collar.
This kid did a lot of sighing when he was with me.
And not the good kind.

"Me and numbers don't go well together. I honestly don't even know why I'm taking all these cram school type, crash course lessons when I'm not even sure I'm gonna be taking over yet."
"It's just incase you actually decide to take over, smart one," he pushed the desk back to me and leaned on top of it until his face was inches away from mine. By now, his puppy dogs did nothing to me. I had built a wall against him and his hotness.

"It's been 4 days though, Luhan! Don't you think I've already made up my mind?" I got up out of my seat and inched backwards so that my back eventually pressed against the wall. My arms automatically crossed in front of my chest, as if I was trying to shield myself from the glare he was shooting me right now. He rolled his eyes right as I made eye contact, sending the nerves in my body into a frenzy. And not in a good way.
"You're kidding yourself if you tell me that you're not gonna take over," he retorted, swinging his leg down from the desk and replacing it with his .
I raised an eyebrow at him, "And what makes you so sure about that?"
"Cause you're the type of person who hates letting people down, especially people who are counting on you. And let me tell you, a lot more people than just your grandfather are counting on you," he said as he picked at his finger nail with the mechanical pencil in his other hand. The words felt so heavy for me...but he said them in the most carefree way possible.

What the hell...

"Oh you totally have me all figured out," I raised my hands in sarcastic defeat and rolled my own eyes.
"I only needed a day to figure you all out."
"Ok...just cause you can figure out a couple of math problems in a few seconds does not mean, in any way, that-"
"And plus, you're safe here," he cut my comeback off, giving me a sideways glance at the same time that sent the words in my mouth right back down my throat.
So he really does have me all figured out...

"Your crazy father can't touch you while you're always in CE headquarters. He would have to be suicidal to do anything to you now while you're constantly being watched by CE security. You're safe here and you know it. So you unconsciously don't want to leave. In conclusion," he got off the desk and made his way to me, caging me in with his arms as I tried to press myself into the wall more, "you're gonna agree to be the heir and take over the company."
I knocked one of his arms away, glaring at him while I pushed it down, "Don't think you know me."
"I don't think. I know."
"Well you don't know anything," I huffed out, grabbing my bag from the desk by the door as I stormed out. I held up my hands at the security guards who were already tailing me down the hall and to the elevators, signaling them to stand down.

The last thing I wanted was for 4 different people to report back to Luhan every detail of my rebellious walkout.
Cause honestly...he wasn't wrong about me.
He was right.
About all of it.

But there was no way I was ever gonna admit that to him. I would rather potentially risk my life out on the streets of Taipei than be in an enclosed area with him for a second longer.
I felt the humidity hit me like a wall the second I stepped out from the comfort of the air conditioned lobby of the CE headquarters. Sweat automatically began to appear on my hairline as dark gray storm clouds loomed in above me.

Frankly, I didn't even know where I was going. I just kept walking around, passing by the street shops and corner stores that looked familiar to me until all the stores melted away into a huge courtyard. A big fountain spat out water in the center while benches were placed around the edge so when the wind blew, you could feel the mist on your skin. It was completely closed off from the road, surrounded by the backside of tall, glass buildings. I walked over slowly, silently eyeing all the people sitting by the fountain eating their lunch or just talking. Most of them looked up as I approached the only empty bench available, but their attention was turned towards the sky.

"It looks like it's gonna rain."
"I felt water on my head!"
"We should go inside."

One by one, they got up and left. One by one, the raindrops started falling from the sky and hitting the ground, turning the light gray stone into a dark gray, almost black color. I just sat there, looking at the drops appear randomly on the ground until a voice snapped me out of it.

Mark's voice.
That was coming from behind me on the other side of the fountain.
But that's impossible. Mark's back in New York.

I turned around and got off of my bench, trying to catch a glimpse of the back of his head through the water of the fountain. He had a black snapback on that was pulled on backwards.
Just like how Mark wears it.

No.
It can't be.
Mark's back in America. He can't be in Taiwan.
And even if he was, why wouldn't he tell me?

I almost let out a small scream when the guy's phone rang. He reached over in the opposite direction that I was sneaking in from, his attention completely on the caller ID that lit up his screen.
"Hello?" he said, leaning back on his other arm and crossing his legs. Flashbacks of Mark doing the exact same thing ran through my head as I inched closer. The world seemd to grow darker and the rain came down faster the closer I got to him. Somewhere inside of me, I was praying...begging that my brain would shut up. It wasn't Mark. It couldn't be.
"Yeah I got here. No, I haven't seen her yet. Yeah, I'll let you know," he spoke into the phone, his hand covering most of it as well as blocking half his face. If I got any closer, he would definitely notice me creepin on him.
"She's suppose to be at their headquarters right? What should I do then? Should I let her see me? Okay. I understand. Bye." He hung up, slowly bringing the phone down from his face and dangling it casually in his hand.

Even in the now pouring rain, even with the clouds blocking off all the sunlight, I would still be able to see the light being reflected off of it from across this courtyard.
The light that was being bounced off of the little silver lock shaped cell phone charm hanging from his phone.


Author's Note
chapter title: Secret-IU [x]
DUN DUN DUUUUUUN :3 hehe