Shot

Fine Line

My mind went blank.
The tears that were slowly falling down my face were now coming at full force, completely blocking up my vision.
But the weird thing was, I didn't make a noise. I just sat there, my own pain suddenly so much more insignificant to the pain Mark must be feeling right now.
I just kept looking at him, silently willing him to get up and tell me that everything's gonna be ok. Every cell in my body was praying that this was all a horrible nightmare and I would wake up any second now, safe in Mark's arms back in New York, 

I so desperately wanted that to be true.
But that wasn't the reality I was living in right now.
Mark had betrayed me but then he risked his life to save mine. I seriously don't get the boy.

"You chose now, out of all times, to turn soft?" my dad lowered the gun and stared at Mark on the floor. The guy didn't even look guilty or anything. He just stared as Mark struggled to sit up, still clutching his side. His entire hand was blood-stained by this point and he was turning paler by the second. He was losing a lot of blood.
My dad nodded at the wound, his eyes not moving away from Mark. "At this rate, you may not be alive to get your revenge after all. What a shame. And you were such a good assistant too, leading her to all those clues."
Mark doubled over and coughed. More blood landed on the floor.

Revenge?
What revenge?
What the heck was he talking about?

"No," my voice came out more unstable than I had hoped, "Mark tried to stop me from going to Taiwan. He didn't want me to go."
"Oh, so you turned soft a while ago then," my dad kept staring at him. Mark just glared upwards, trying his best to look like he wasn't in pain. My dad laughed a little at his glare, "He was suppose to tell you to go. I knew about that plane ticket a long time ago so I planned for everything to happen in Taiwan. He decided to be a hero and try to stop you from going since he knew that meant putting you in danger and exposing himself as a back stabber. Your mother's friend, that banker guy, he somehow saw through Mark, God knows how. He gave him a warning and told him to not follow you to Taiwan. Hence the conversation between you two before you left."
"You knew about that?" confusion was plastered all over my face. My head was trying to put the pieces of all of this together, but nothing was clicking fast enough.
"Of course. This guy reports to me everything that happens between you two," my dad swung the gun in Mark's direction, causing him to flinch away. "He wanted revenge on CE for taking his dad away from him so he went on a mini rampage, trying to find as much info as he could on anything that would take this company down. Instead, he found me and I let him in our my plan. Of course, back then, he didn't know you were the granddaughter of the current CEO and when he found out, he vaguely remembered you so he didn't care what he had to do. Then from there, he convinced his mom to let him move to New York, who convinced your mom that it was ok. The one thing I told him to do was to make you trust him, but who the hell knew that you two would end up dating? I though he was just taking the plan to a whole other level but turns out this guy actually started to care about you. He was hesitant to tell me things when I asked for updates. But it was too late to quit, and he knew it too so he tried to slow things down and put random detours in my plan."
"Why the heck are you telling me all this?" I looked down at Mark, who was losing consciousness fast. He was leaning on my legs by this point, and I could feel him slipping.
"Well, since you're not gonna be alive in a couple minutes, I might as well brag a little bit don't you think?"
"Go to hell," I spat at him. He shook his head, taking a step forward. I leaned back on my chair, trying to put as much distance as possible between us. 

And as I leaned back, the ropes holding me to my chair, the ropes holding my wrists together fell off silently. 
I looked down and saw Luhan smiling up at me, his arms and legs bloodied and tattered. He had army crawled his way all the way over here while my dad was talking and loosened the ropes. I noticed that his ropes were also gone. He must've gotten out of them while my dad was distracted.

Dang. This guy was good.

I whispered thanks to him before turning my attention to my dad, who had turned back around before the ropes fell off. He had made his way back to the desk and was reloading the gun.
Right as he clicked the new bullets into place, I grabbed one of the little statues on the coffee table and threw it as hard as I could in his direction. I heard a crack as I looked over and watched the statues hit my dad's shoulder. Hard.

He dropped the gun on the floor in front of him, screaming in pain.
I dove for it.
But so did he.

The gun went sailing under the desk, stopping right underneath the chair. I pushed myself up before my dad could, seeing how he couldn't put pressure on his right should anymore. I kicked him back down right on his shoulder before he could get up, making him cry out again.
"That was for killing my mom!" I yelled as I scrambled for the gun. But before I could touch it, the chair it was underneath toppled onto my arm. I felt the pressure of it slowly sinking into it, unleashing the worst pain I've ever felt. The pain of feeling your arm slowly break.
"I don't think so little girl," he snarled, picking up the gun from my fingertips. 

Crap.
I lost.
And with my arm like this, I don't think there's much I can do anymore.

"Say hello to your mother and your grandfather for me," he laughed out. I waited for the pain. I waited for the darkness to swallow me, for death to greet me.
But again, for the second time, it never came.

I pushed the chair off with my good arm and watched as Mark launched himself onto my dad before he could even pull the trigger. They both sailed into the bookshelf, my dad hitting his back onto the shelves hard.
"________________ get out of the way!" Luhan's voice screamed from behind me. I pushed myself back and saw that he was poised behind the desk. The second Mark rolled out of the way, he hurled all his weight onto it and ran it into my dad.

The gun dropped onto the floor.
Mark swooped it up and pointed it at my dad, who was helplessly sandwiched in between the shelf and the desk. Luhan was still leaned against it, keeping it in place.

"Think about it Mark. If you shoot me, there's not gonna be anyone to help you out of this. She knows everything now. You think she's actually gonna take you back and forgive you after you almost got her killed?"
His finger was right over the trigger, but he didn't pull it.
"Mark, what the hell are you doing? Finish it!" Luhan yelled.

The gun was shaking in his hands.
The look in his eyes was something I haven't seen in a long time.
Fear.
My dad's words were getting to him. He was hesitating.

And if this makes a turn for the worse, more people could get killed.

I hooked my leg around his own and pulled backwards. Mark toppled forward, sending the gun flying up into the air. At the same time, my dad used basically teh last remaining bit of strength he had to push the desk back enough for him to slip out.
Time slowed down.
I stuck my hand out and reached for the gun as it started to drop back down.

The second the cool metal touched my hand, I whipped it around and smacked my dad across his face.
"Let's get something straight," I closed my hands around it and pointed it at him, "he didn't almost get me killed. You did."

And with that, I pulled the trigger.


Author's Note
chapter title: Shot-Infinite [x]
disclaimer guys, i don't condone the use of guns haha xD