Chapter 5

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Race you to cove! Loser pays for ice cream!" Amber yelled as she dropped her belongings on the sand and tan toward the blue waves. Victoria let out a loud groan and chased after her best friend. The two of them dove into the oceanand swam toward the hidden cove a hundrd feet off the shore.

Amber hit the sand first and performed a victory dance she had perfected over the years. A minute later, Victoria emerged out of the ocean, huffing and puffing. As soon as she crawled over Amber, she flopped on her back and grumbled, "i dont even know why i bother. You always win these races.

Amber laughed at her friend's suffering. "You know. if you exercised more you might actualy stand a chance at winning," she teased. Amber sat down next to Victoria and stretched out her legs, trying to soak in as much sun as posibble.

"I exercise," Victoria protested. "I surf the internet".

Amber snorted. "On second thought, keep surfing. I like never having to pay for food."

Victoria placed an arm over her eyes, blocking out the blinding rays. "Stingy best friend," she griped under her breath. "Using my laziness to fuel her food addiction."

"That's the only reason why i keep you round," Amber said cheerfully.

The two were silent. Amber finally broke the silence by saying, "Hey Vic?"

"Hmm?" Victoria asked half-asleep.

Amber drew her legs up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. "Have you ever heard about Horvejkul family, their properties and all? I heard from Ailee though. They are our big rival. "

"Nope". Victoria said uninterestedly.

"Well, from what I heard their heir is handsome and has a good body. I wonder who is he.....", Amber smiled and looked away to the ocean.

Victoria lifted her arm off her face  and turned her head towards Amber. "Like seriously? Gosh! Tell me more about it!," Victoria suddenly wanted to know more.

Amber broke out in a huge grin. "I'm done. Thats all I know!"

"Gosh! I'm so done with you". Victoria let out a big sigh.

"Wel, well, well," a high pitched voice said behind them.

The girls whirled around and came face to face with Tiffany and her brainless minions. Since Victoria could remeber, Tiffany had always hated her. She continually insulted Victoria at every chance she got.

"I would say it is great to see you Tiff, but my mother taught me never to lie," Victoria replied. She crossed her arms and widened her stance.

"Right," Tiffany said sarcastically. "Like your mother loved you enough to teach you anything," she stated. Tiffany's minions cackled around her, making Tiffany swell pride.

Victoria was too angry to respond. The rest of the day they spent loungin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter