Chapter 30

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siwon was annoyed to see Nichkhun holding hand with Victoria when they enterd the restaurant but he kept a pleasant smile on his face and stood up as they approached the table.

"Buck," he quickly spoke up. "I know you dont like me seeing your girlfriend but I..."

"I was the one who asked him out, insisted really. If you have any problems with that, we can address that at home tonight," Victoria interjected.

"Please, I'm not that small-minded. In fact I want to apologize for my behavior the other day. I was very rude and I hope you'll excuse me Siwon," Nichkhun offered his hand.

"Of, course I'm glad we can settle this amicably and enjoy each other's company." Siwon shook his hand. Victoria who was setting her purse on the chair did not notice the stonger-than-needed handshake and the grim smiles the two men were exchanging.

Their waiter came up with menus for all of them. "Hmm, I think I'll try the Chicken Caesar salad here, seems like signature dish," Victoria perused her menu.

"Err, I wouldnt do that if I were you, the chef uses anchovies liberallyin the dressing for his recipe. You'll end up leaving half of it on my plate," Siwon warned.

Victoria made face, "urgh, thank you God you warned me. What would you recommend then?"

"Try the smoked salmn salad if you wanna eat light. The dressing has a great zest to it, you'll likeit." Siwon suggested.

"Smoked salmon salad it is then." Victoria smiled at Siwon and turned to Nichkhun.

"What do you like to order, Nichkhun?" asked Victoria.

Nichkhun ignored her question. "You dont like anchovies?" Nichkhun asked.

"Didnt you know that Buck?" Siwon asked innocently.

Nichkhun grimaced. I'm afraid I havent been more attentive," he tried to reply evenly.

"Now if you two gentleman dont mind, I'll excuse myself to freshen up," Victoria said after they all gave their orders.

The two men stood up as she left the table.

"You know surprisingly little about your grilfriend, Buck. Everything alright?" Siwon continued that mock innocent tone as he resumed his seat which made Nichkhun want to punch him.

"I know what youre playing at," Nichkhun growled dropping his pretense. "But whatever grudge you have with me, we settle it man to man. You leave Victoria out of this."

"Buck, Buck. Youre making me sound like animal. Do you think I would play around with your grilfriend just to get back at you?"

"Drop the phony gentleman act. What do I have to do to get you to back off?" Nichkhun was trying t control his temper.

"Nothing, I'm going to keep seeing my ex-girlfriend because i'm really interested in her and I think she deserves someone better. Em, me?", taunted Siwon sneering.

"You...." Nichkhun was about to retort when a loud clatter interrupted him. Both Siwon and Nichkhun turned t see Victoria at the far end of the restaurant, drenched with the whole left side of her body dripping wet while a flustered waiter apologized profusely to her. The two men bolted from their seats just as the maitre-d swooped down with napkins for Victoria to dry herself off.

"I am teribbly Miss Victoria," the maitre-d glared at the red faced waiter.

"Its alright, I'm good. Thankfully its just ice water. I'm soaked but no harm done," Victoria blushed it off as she tried to dry herself off with the napkins.

Siwon reached her side first and qucikly took off his jacket and draped it across her shoulders to cover up the rapidly turning transparent wet blouse. "You really do seem to be quite accident-prone," he chuckled. "I think I better send you home or you'll catch your death cold."

"I appreciate your help Siwon but I believe it'll be more appropriate if her future husband sends her home, right sweetheart?," Nichkhun gave his dazzling smile to Victoria as he took off his own coat to cover Victoria up with and handed Siwon back his own.

Victoria smiled shyly to Nichkhun. "I'm so sorry we cant have lunch Siwon, I'm such a klutz. I'll call you again about the charity gala." Victoria said as Nichkhun led her fimly away.

"Of cours

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter