Chapter 19

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We dont have to go if you dont want," Changmin repeated for the 4th time.

"Changmin, it's fine," Victoria assured him. One of his friends was throwing a party at his house and had invited the 3 of them.

Changmin sent her a worried look. "I know how much you hate parties."

"I dont hate parties. I just dont go to them," Victoria corrected.

"Why not?" Nichkhun posed, speaking for the first time since they started walking to the house that night.

Victoria shrugged her shoulders. "I just dont like them." The truth was, that she'd rather curl up with a good book or hang out with AMber than go to a party. Sometimes those parties felt so phony. Like everyone was trying to pretend to be something they were not. Either that, or they were trying to excape from their lives.

"Okay. Well, stay by my side at all times and if you ever want to leave, just tell me and we'll go," Changmin ordered as they approached an old two-story house with a white porch wrapped around it. He grabbed Victoria's hand and pulled her to his side.

A muscle in Nichkhun's jaw twitched as he glanced at their clasped hands."I'm sure she'll be fine on her own."

Changmin glared at Nichkhun over Victoria's head. "This is party. She needs someone with her."

Victoria frowned., not liking Changmin's tone. She could take care of herself. She was a big girl.

"So, youre saying she isnt safe with your friends?" Nichkhun countered.

"No," Changmin said slowly, drawing out the word. "What I'm saying is that she barely has any experience with parties in general, much less one with a keg and several handles of hard alcohol. She needs someone to guide her."

"It doesnt have to be you," Nichkhun said sourly.

Victoria held up her free hand. "Im right here, you know. Can we just go?" She walked into the house, still hand in hand with Changmin.

Even though it was only 10.30 at night, the house was already jammed packed with people. The living room had been turned into a makeshift dance floor, and there were couples scattered around, grinding to the beat of the music. Victoria looked back to say something to Nichkhun, but he had disappeared. "Where's Nichkhun?" she asked Changmin.

He shrugged his shoulders. "He's around here somewhere. I'm sure we'll run into him eventually. You have your phone right?"

Victoria nodded. She had finally gotten her phone back from Nichkhun that evening. She had begged, wheedled, and cajoled. And when that didnt work, she romised to buy him a pack of peeps. Immediately, he handed it over, informing her he liked the red ones the best. Jerk.

Changmin directed her over the kitchen where a keg sat with people crowded around it. "Do you want anything to drink? I can get you soda or juice without alcohol."

"Can i have coke?" Victoria demanded.

Changmin grinned at her. "Coming right up."

Rather reluctantly, she let his hand go. It had felt so comforting, holding his hand. Like being surrounded by a large, wool blanket. She couldnt wait till he returned. A whole night of holding his hand and being his side? Yes, please!

Changmin returned with her drink and for a while he took her around the part, intriducing her to his riends. They were all friendly and welcoming. During that time, she kept he eyes peeled for Nichkhun, but she didnt see him anywhere.

"I'm going to go get another drink. Do you want anything?" Changmin asked, leaning in close so she could hear him over the music.

Victoria shook her head. "I'm good," she shouted back, happily. She was having the time of her life. Best night ever.

10 mins later, Changmin hadnt returned and Victoria started to get worried. Where was he? Victoria left her spot and made her way to the kitchen area. That was when she saw Changmin up against the wall, making out with a tall, leggy girl. His shirt was halfway ed, and there were red lipstic marks all across his neck and chest. The girl her hand under his shirt and started to caress his stomach. He moaned loudly and d her , pulling her closer to him.

Victoria felt like she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter