Chapter 12

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria yawned while she stood in front of Amber's front door, waiting for her best friend to answer. Her overnight bag slipped off her shoulder, and dropped to the ground, but Victoria was too tired to care. She had stayed up till one in the morning talking to Nichkhun, and Krystal had called her at 3 am to pick her up from her friend's house, Sulli.

The front door opened and Amber raised an eyebrow. "Was there a hobo convention in town that i wasnt aware of?" Her eyes lingered on Victoria's messy hair bun, baggy sweatpants and stained sweatshirt.

Victoria yawned again and a white box into Amber's hands. "Didnt you hear the homeless look is all the rage this year?"

"Uh-oh," Amber muttered, not looking convinced. She stepped aside and let Victoria enter the house. "Is smelling like a dog also part of this new fashion trend?" she asked wryly.

"Yup, it's my new perfuem," Victoria replied over her shoulder as she headed toward the family room. "Toilette de la Erumi."

"How generous of you let me experience that wonderful scent," Amber said dryly as she trailed behind, the box still in hand.

Victoria flopped into an oversized chair in the corner of the room, her feet dangling over the armrest. "It's the least i could do for my best friend," she answered cheerfully.

Amber huffed and dropped into the leather sofa on the opposite end of the room. "So, why are you so tired today? she asked brightly.

"Well, of course my sister, Krys.." she casually answered.

"So, what happened?" Amber prompted as she polished off the chocolate cupcake that Victoria brought to her. "I'm assuming you had to pick up Krystal from another one of his parties."

"Yah," Victoria sighed.

"I still dont get why you bail your sister out so much," Amber commented.

"Not you too," Victoria  groaned and slumped down in the chair. "You sound exactly like Nichkhun."

"Well, its a valid question," Amber argued. "You always ride to his rescue. It's like you're his personal taxi cab driver."

Victoria snorted. "What is it with people comparing me to drivers? Nichkhun said I was Krystal's chauffer.

Amber chuckled. "This Nichkhun guy sounds pretty intelligent if you ask me."

Victoria's eyes narrowed and she shot Amber a glare. "He's not, he's a pain in the a*s."

That morning, Nichkhun had sent her a couple of text messages suggesting certain s*xsual favors for his tutoring lessons. Chauvinistic pig! And to think she had elt bad about hurting his feelings! Good riddance. She couldnt wait until tomorrow when they exchanged phones and he was out of her life.

"Speaking of Nichkhun, did you ever find out what he and Changmin talked about?" Amber inquired.

Victoria scowled, remembering his stipulation before agreeing to the truce. There was no way in hell he was coming with her to meet Changmin. Victoria quickly recounted the conversation to Amber.

"Interesting," Amber drawled, her eyes turning thoughtful. "So, he basically is demanding that you spend more time with him?"

Victoria shrugged. "I guess. But it's not like he can enforce it once we exchange phones tomorrow."

"Do you know what this guy looks like?" Amber asked.

"Nope," Victoria sighed and crossed her arms. "The only thing i know is that he's obsessed with race cars and bikini models."

"So how are you going to know who he is when you meet?" Amber took a huge bite of her cupcake.

Victoia frowned. "Godd question. Wehavent even set up a time or place to meet yet. "Victoria got up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter