Chapter 20

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He marched over, his expression thunderous. "Did you not hear calling your name? Ive been running after you since you left the house!" he growled, a tinge of panic seeping through.

"You followed me?" she whispered hoarsely. Did that mean he hadnt made out with the redhead? A slight ray of hope peeked through her darkened mood.

"Of course I followed you! And what the hell are you even doing out there?" The level of his voice rose with each word he said till he was shouting. His body was so tense. Victoria could practically see the anger rolling off.

Why was he upset? She hadnt asked him to follow her out of the part and ditch the redhead. Realization washed over Victoria, dashing any hope she previously had. Of course. He was angry because he lost his chance with the girl. burned at the thought.

"Geez, Victoria!" he bit out. "D you know dangerous it is to be roaming the streets by yourself at 12 o'clock at night? You could easily have been mugged or kidnapped or worse! Do you have any common sense?" Nichkhun yelled at her.

She bent her head and blinked furiously, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to erupt. Her emotions were too raw at the moment to be able to handle his wrath.

"And where the hell your precious Changmin?" Nichkhun continued to rant, oblivious to her feelings. "Shouldnt you be at the party holding his hand or something?"

The reminder of Changmin and the girl tipped her over the edge. Tears started to form in Victoria's eyes, streaming down her face in silent misery. All the feelings she kept bottled up poured out of her. Anger. Betrayal. Hurt.Jealousy. A noise escaped out of Victoria's mouth as she cried harder.

Nichkhun looked at her sharply, noticing for the first time how distraught she was. Immediately, his anger morphed into alarm. What the hell happened? Did the tool do something to you? he demanded tersely.

Victoria buried her head in her hands as great sobs wracked her body, stripping her the ability to answer.

"Ill kill him," Nichkhun hissed under his breath, taking her silence as confirmation. He dropped down to the ground and knelt in front of her, placing his hands on either side of her body. "Are you okay?" he asked in a low voice.

More tears ran down Victoria's face as she nodded, her movement rough and jerky. "H-he was kkissing some girl and they w-were up against ww..w-wall.." She gulped in air, her voice hitching at the thought.

"Oh," Nichkhun mumbled, looking uncomfortable when he realized that Changmin had hurt her emotionally, nt physically. He shifted his weight and turned away when Victoria wiped her running nose with the back of her hand.

"A-and I f-eel so f-oolish for thinking he would ever like me! Im just hsi childhood friend, not more than that," she wailed and dissolved into more tears.

For a few minutes, Nichkhun listened to her cry, uncertainty written all over his face. Finally, he raised his arms and warpped them lightly around her in an awkward embrace. Uneasily, he patted her back and said, "There, there."

"Seriously?" she asked, peering athim through watery eyes. "Thats all you can s-say?"

"Well, I dont know what to do in situation like this!" Nichkhun said defensively, continuing to pat he was burping a baby. "Im not good with crying women."

"What do you do when your mom cries?" Victoria asked.

She felt his body vibrate as he chuckled. "Hand her off to my dad."


"W-hat does your dad do?" she asked, her tears starting to dry up. "Buys her a brand new Louis Vuitton handbag."

Victoria paused. "T-that wil work."

"Yeah, I bet it would," he remarked dryly.

Victoria laughed softly and pulled away to wipe her face. "I bet i look hideous," she said, half-joking, half-not.

"Well, you certainly dont look your best," Nichkhun drawled, looking relieved that she had finally stopped crying.

"Jerk," she muttered hoarsely.

Suddenly, Victoria's phone started ringing playing the old McDonalds tune. Nichkhun's face broke with a wide smile, "You kept that?" he asked, looking pleased.

She ignored the comment and fetched the phone out of her jean pocket. She went utterly still when she saw who was calling.

Seeing her expression, Nichkhun grabbed her phone and answered, " What?" he snapped to Changmin. His face darkened as he listened to whatever Changmin was telling him. "She's fine". He paused listening some more. Nichkhun looked directly into Victoria's eyes and raised an eyebrow. "Do you want to go back to the party?" he asked.

She shook her head.

"We're good" Pause. "No, I have her". He stay silent for a couple seconds before saying, "We will meet you later. Bye."

"Well, what do you want to do now?" Nichkhun asked her.

Victoria just shrugged her shoulders. She didnt care as long as it meant avoiding Changmin. She really didnt want to see or talk to him for a while.

"I have an idea", he rose from his sitting position. "Wait here"

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"I'll be right back. Dont move", he ordered and rushed into a nearby store.

He returned several minutes later with 3 large grocery bags and wide smile. "Lets go, sweetheart." He held out his elbow in a silent invitation and Victoria twined her hands through, following his lead. They took a taxi and went to nearby beach. Nichkhun guided her to a small pit filled with wood. He pulled out matches, graham crackers and a chocolate bar.

"We're going to make s'mores?" she asked, the surprise evident in er voice.

His eyes twinkled in the moonlight. "Correction, sweetheart." He pulled out a yellow package. "We're going to make peep s'mores."

Victoria sent him a doubtful look. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter