Chapter 14

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He just left?" Amber asked, sounding as perplexed as Victoria left.

"Yup," Victoria confirmed bitterly, as she fiddled with a wire clothes hanger. "He acted like I had contacted some contagious disease from the Amazon," She watched as Amber opened some business files. After Nichkhun had driven off, she went straight to the company to see Amber.

"It just doesnt make any sense," Amber murmured as she started pulling out the paper from the file. "Are you sure you didnt recognize his name?"

"I had no clue." She handed Amber another file off from a nearby rack.

"Did you at least get your phone back?" Amber asked as she held out her hand for another file.

"Yah. He exchange them right before he bolted. "Victoria huffed as she remembered Nichkhun walking toward his car without a backward glance. He fled the parking lot like a herd of angry dogs were nipping at his heels.

Amber waved a hand right in front of Victoria's face. "Hello? Earth to Victoria?"

Victoria's eyes snapped to attention. "Sorry," she apologized and handed her another file.

"So, what are you going to do now?" Amber questioned.

Victoria bit her lip. The more she started to think about the situation, the angrier she became. "Nothing," she stated bluntly. If Nichkhun didnt want to talk to her anymore, thenthere was nothing she could do. Besides, its not as if they were friends. They were practically strangers for God's sake!

Amber shot her a quick look, the surprise evident on her face. "Seriously? You seemed really enjoy talking to him," she commented. "Over the past couple of days, youve talked more about Nichkhun than anyone else." She paused. "Even Changmin and Siwon."

Victoria's spine stiffened. "Its only natural that i talked about Nichkhun. He made my life hell for the past 2 weeks."

"You know what they say about love and hate," Amber casually remarked.

Victoria frowned. "I dont like him if thats what youre hinting at. I find him...."she paused, trying to find the right words,"..intriguing. At first, I thought he was a lot like popcorn."

"Popcorn?" Victoria asked in amusement.

"Yeah. You know, the type of guy that is all big talk without a whole lot of substance," Victoria explained.

Amber laughed at the comparison. "And Nichkhun has substance?"

"I think so. The past couple of days ive realized there was more to him than s*xual freal and his extra ego." Victoria thought about his willingness to explain to her about her works and the way he ate his mother's embarassing lunches. She thought about his witty remarks and his confession about the problem with his father. No. There was definitely more to Nichkhun than he let on.

"So if he isnt popcorn, what he is?"

Victoria leaned againt the wall and sighed. "I dont know. Thats why i find him so interesting. I guess i wanted the chance to figure it out."

Amber halted, taken back by her friend's confession.

Victoria chuckled self-consciously, and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Pretty stupid, huh?"

"Not stupid. Just surprising." She studied Victoria's face for a couple moments. "Maybe you should call him."

"And say what exactly? "Hey NIchkhun! I have this weird desire to classify you as a certain type of junk food. Can we talk for a while till i figure out?"

Amber sent her an impatient look. "I was thinking more along the lines of "Hey Nichkhun, want to be friends?" She saw Victoria's stubborn expression and shrugged.

By eight, she said goodbye to Amber and headed home.

"Vic?" her mother shouted as soon as she walked in the front door. "Is that you?"

"Yah mom," Victoria hollered back. "I just got home." Erumi came running to her.

"Can you come here please?" her mother politely demanded.

"Whats going on?" she questioned as she peered over her mother's shoulder.

"Krys just called to say she's bringing a friend home for dinner."

Victoria took a good look around the kitchen and raised an eyebrow in surprise. Usually her mother would just order 4 large pizzas if her friends were coming over. She never put this much effort before. "A boyfriend?" Victoria speculated.

"Yeah", her mom casually replied.

"Who?" Victoria asked.

"How am i supposed to know that? Best behavior during dinner missy," she cautioned.

"Who? Me?" she asked innocently. "I'm the model of exemplary behavior."

Her mother s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter