Chapter 10

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun couldnt stay in the office a minute longer. There was no way he could do any work now anyway. He had to go out and get some air. He grabbed his coat and walked out to his secretary. " Kwon, i need to get out for a while, take my mssages will you?"

Kwon looked at his friend as well as his boss. "Sure. You dont have anything urgent on your calender. I'm sure i'll be able to hold anything that comes in until tomorrow. Are you alright?" asked Kwon, noticing Nichkhun's flushed face. Nichkhun sighed and looked at Kwon.

"Just the most ridiculous proposal you've ever heard this side of the millennium. I will call you tonight alright? and by the way i'll be back tomorrow". Nichkhun took the elevator down into the basement park and retrived his car. He drove his red Porsche up through  the ramp and was soon driving out of the city on the wide highway toward the family estate.

Arranged marriage, gosh that sounds so medieval. Nichkhun knew that this was a common practice hundreds of years ago as a means fortifying inter-country relations or as a peace treaty. Marriage with a political agenda. But in the 21st century?

Nichkhun turned his thoughts instead to Preston Company. Now that his father had brought it up, they are the perfect company to work with Eco-City. Not only do they have more than adequate resources, they have a well developed research institute which was leading the field of agro-technology. Their contribution would be invaluable. Nichkhun could also start envisioning potential projects which would benefit greatly from a collaboration with Preston.

Turning his car into the softly curving driveway, she stopped in front of large mansion. The house's white facade with it's four tall columns in front gave off an impressive air. The land on which it sits on was an astue bought by his granpa years ago. Adopting clean classical lines for the mansion, he built a timeless, beautiful and warm home for his beloved family. Instead of entering the house, he walked towards a small side gate which lead to the expansive gardens at the back of the house. Here, his grandma had created a vision in flowering shrubs and trees. It even has it's own stream flowing through the back of it. Nichkhun strolled through the beautiful landscape gardens and though lost in thought, could not help noticing the riot of colour blossoming everywhere. He could also almost see her grandma pottering around the flowers in her large sun hat and apron.

"If only she were around right now," Nichkhun thought. "I sure could use some advice. Nichkhun walked to her favorite spot in the gardens, a small wooden bench by the bubbling stream. He loved the sound of water, it was one of the most comforting sounds he ever knew.

"Actually if i put aside the ludicrous marriage aspect aspet aside, collaborating with Preston is a smart move." he thought. 

Slowly he realised that this union could work and to great results. But only with his terms. Nichkhun decided.

"Master Khun! You're home!" Simon  was delighted to see his young master whom he practically raised from a baby.

Nichkhun walked over and gave Simon a bear hug. "Good to see you old man and how many times have I told you to drop the "master" stuff?"

"I'm old school Master Khun and proud of it!" Simon said.

"Is my mom here? I heard she took a flight this morning to meet me here?" Nichkhun asked uninterestly.

"Yes, she is in the kitchen, master", Simon replied back.

"Uh..alright, i am going upstairs" he said, wanting to avoid his mom.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today Victoria had a bad day. She argued with Woo Bin because of the Eco-CIty project and her father wanted her to work with him at their own company. And alsoTiffany and her brainless minions make her angry. Everything was so ed up today for Victoria. Victoria roared down the highway in her black Lambourghini, the wind whipping through her black wavy hair. She cant focus driving because, she was thinking of her project. Her first project with Seoul Company.

Victoria parked in the spacious 4 car garage and hefted an ice box from the boot. Slinging her Chanel handbag onto her shoulder. She entered the house through the door that linked the garage and the kitchen. When she walked in the house, she noticed right away how quiet it was. Normally, the house would be filled with the sound of the television or pots banging together as someone made dinner. "Mom? Dad?" she called out. "Krys?" Victoria received no response. Even Erumi, who usually greeted her at the door, was noticeably absent. Too exhausted to care, she walked into the kitchen and made herself a sandwich. She grabbed a freshly made brownie off the counter and tromped upstairs to her room.

She was sitting on her bed, about to eat, when Darth Vadar's theme song rang out. "What?" she asked more harshly than she meant to.

"Whoa!" Nichkhun exclaimed. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Is it because you thought i had forgotten about you? Dont worry, sweetheart. Your number is on my top ten list of girls to call."

Victoria let out a loud, frustrated sigh.

"Okay, okay! Top 5. But thats all im willing to concede, "Nichkhu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter