Chapter 23

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun and his father, John Horvejkul were pursuing the wine list in a private room at their favorite restaurant when the Tony walked in. Nichkhun stood up as the Tony approached their seats. Having made their dinner selections, Tony turned to Nichkhun. "Havent seen you in a while son. Up to any mischief lately?" Tony teased, his eyes twinkling.

"Oh just the usual, went to Japan last week, leaving a trail of devastated women in my wake," Nichkhun deadpanned. Tony roared with laughter.

Nichkhun grinned and set down his wineglass. "Uncle Tony, Dad told me all about the plan both of you cooked up. I see your point but I'm sure there's a different approach we could take. Marriage seems so drastic."

"It's not a marriage in all sense of the word. Its more of business partnership, albeit a really weird one, strictly business." his father spoke up.

Nichkhun looked at his father scornfully.

Tony suddenly responded. "While this is a business deal, your happiness is of number one priority. Should any one of you feel unhappy in the situation, we will not force you to carry on. If and when that happens, I'm sure we can work out something for the two companies."

 

In the latest club on the other side of town, Nichkhun was having beers with his best friend from college, Taec. Looking at the two of them together, you would never have imagined them as best pals. Taec was a construction worker's son, who got into the swanky Pricewood College on a scholarship and took two part time jobs to pay for his boarding. In their first year, Nichkhun defended him against a group of snotty rich kids who tried every attempt to drive him out of the college. After that incident, they became fast friends. Taec liked the fact that Nichkhun never showed him any pity or flaunted his wealth and Nichkhun found his quiet thinking manner and cool head something he deeply admired.

"I never thought you would be the marrying type, let alone arrange marriage" Taec pondered.

"You and me both." Nichkhun took another swig of beer.

"So youve got to go through the whole wedding shenanigan? Flowers, rings, chicken or fish?"

"urgh, I'm afraid I do. Dad said we had to at least keep up basic appearances or we'll probably have a running columnin the tabloids going "Are they or are they not?" Nichkhun waved his hands in amock dramatic manner.

"That's true. So, chicken or fish huh?"

Nichkhun sighed. "Yeah."

"How about Victoria?" Taec asked.

"Well, I dont know....its been two days i didnt contact her", Nichkhun replied.

"Why, brother?" Taec asked, as he put his hand on Nichkhun's shoulder.

"Well, I dont feel like contacting her after Woo Bin texted me, saying I need to stay away from her and his company, he was such an " Nichkhun showed the text message to Taec.

"Lol, he is such a jerk, and you take it seriously?" Taec laughed.

"He even sent his people to ruin my car, he is such an ," Nichkhun added, angrily.

Taec smiled. "Do you want to do something to him?" as he smirked, thinking about his evil plan.

"I know what you're thinking now, but let him be, I dont really have time to play with him," Nichkhun responded coldly.

"But, if you change your mind, let me know," Taec winked at him and he continued drinking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter