Chapter 22

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woo Bin turned toward her, his face mixture of anger and betrayal. "Do you wanna tell me what the hell that was about? Why were you with him?"

"I dont wanna talk about it right now," she said flatly.

"How do you even know that Bucky?" Woo Bin questioned sternly.

"Just drive, Woo Bin," Victoria ordered. She crossed her arms and looked out the window, hoping he would get the hint.

 

"Welcome back, Vic!," Amber greeted as soon as Victoria entered the house. "Did you have a good time?"

"Fantastic," Victoria muttered grimly. She headed straight to her office, ignoring Amber. She wasnt in the mood right now. Sje just wanted to be alone and completely alone.

"Lunch time will be in an hour," Amber yelled after her.

"Not hungry," Victoria shouted back before slamming her door shut. She threw her stuff in the corner of her office, not caring where it landed. She groaned.

God.

What was she even thinking? She knew better than trust a guy like him. He was too charming, too confident. Guys like that only care about one thing. Themselves. She should have never allowed herself get so close to him. She felt like an absolute fool.

Victoria stared at the ceiling and wondered if it wasnt all just a game to him. Maybe she was a challenge he needed to conquer. She remebered the night he drunk dialed her when he was his friends. "Yeah, well, the jokes on you Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul," Victoria said to the empty room. "I never even liked you. "

She remembered how helpful he was, patiently teaching her about environment, eco-green for hours at a time. She remembered how sweet he was, trying to cmfort her over Changmin. She remembered how funny he was, always making her smile with hiswitty comments. She remembered how tender he was, talking to his grandmother and their weekends together.

Damn him.

Damn him for being wonderful and awful all  at the same time.

Victoria grabbed a small pillow and screamed into it, letting out all her frustration and anger. Why did he lie to her? Why didnt he tell her the truth? The fact that he lied about his identity was a huge slap in the face. What else didnt she knows about him?

The sound of her phne ringing pulled Victoria out of her temper tantrum. It was his ringtone. Did she want to answer it?

Nichkhun was the CEO of Horvejkul Corp.

CEO of Horvejkul Corp was Nichkhun.

He lied to her.

Victoria hit the red, reject button, sending his call staright to voicemail. Her phone rang again, his name popping onto the screen. "Determined little jerk, arent you?" she muttered to herself.

Someone knocked on her door. "Come in," she called out.

Woo Bin poked his head in her room and gave her a cautious smile. "Hey."

"Hey," she replied carefully, aware that the friction was still there between the two of them.

"I brought you lunch," he exlained, holding a large plate in his hands. "Thought you might be hungry."

Victoria gave him a small smile. "Thanks," she said graciously, accepting the plate of food. "Where's tiff?"

"She's out for lunch with her friends." Woo Bin replied.

"So," he said. "How as your trip? Anything interesting happen?"

Victoria shook her head in amusement. "Do you remember the incident where i got picture? It was his phone. I accidently switched phone with him at X cafe"

His eyebrows lifted in surprise. "Vict," he said sternly. "Dont tell me you like that . He lied to you."

Victoria shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm serious. You dont want to get involved with this guy." Woo Bin said sternly.

"Why? Because you dont like him?" she retorded angrily. Woo Bin was somehow overreacting over her.

"Yes," Woo Bin snapped. "But it's not just that. He's a real piece of work when it comes to girls. Ive heard more that one chick cry about how he bangs them and then leaves them."

Victoria huffed at the hypocrisy of his words. "And you dont do the ame thing? I know for a fact you use girlsall the time."

"Yah, but at least I'm upfront about it. Those girls know what they are getting into."

Victoria rolled her eyes. "And that makes it so much better?"

"Vic, I'm not joking."

"I'm not either. Woon, stop worrying. Im not dating him nor do I have any intention of dating him."

"Its not dating im worried about," he muttered under his breath.

Victoria punched his arm. "Wooon!"

"I just dont want you to get hurt and the Eco-City project f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter