Chapter 24

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The question was still playing in her mind hours later as she sat on a park bench, playing fetch with Erumi.

Withe feigned enthusiasm, Victoria praised the big, brown dog for retrieving the ball. She picked up the slobbey toy and lobbed it across the field. She watched as he chasd the ball. 

"If only," she thought to herself with a pensive sigh. She nearly jumped out of her skin when her cell phone vibrated. Her pulse raced when she saw whose name was flashing on the screen. Shelet it ring a couple times before answering.

"Hey, sweetheart."

Her heart caught in at the simple greeting. How did he has so muc power over her? It was completely unfair.

"Hello, Victoria?"

Victoria cleared . "Hey," she asnwered coolly, despite the jump in her blood pressure. As much as he affected her, she wasnt willing to forgive and foret easily. He still had a lot to own up to.

"Did you miss me?"

She frowned at his question. "No," she replied curtly.

He paused, taken back by her apruptness. 'Are you okay?" he asked cautiously.

"Fine."

Nichkhun blew out a puff of air. 'Alright, what's wrong?"

"Is this one of those female things?"

"Female thing?" Victoria repeated, not sure whether sh should be offended, or amused. What female thing did he think was happening? Her period?

"yeh, you know," he said, sounding slight put out that he had to explain to it to her. "Female thing. Were you say one thing, but really mean another."

"Where did you hear this?" Victoria asked, not being able to hide a curiosity.

"Dad. He says it only gets worse as you guys age," he griped.

Victoria's spine stiffened. Well know she knew where Nichkhun got his superiority complex.

"So, whats wrong sweetheart?" Nichkhun asked.

"Nothing," she stated. "Ive got to go. I'm playing with Erumi."

"Wait! Where are you at?"

"Why do you want to know?" she asked suspiciously.

"Just tell me," he ordered, his voice leaving no roomfor argument.

The location left her lips before she even egistered that she was responding.

"Ill be there in ten." He hung up before she could respond.

1o mins later, she watched as he stepped out of his Porsche. Victoria couldnt help but admire him. The black polo he wore emphasized his athletic physique to a tee. The fabric stretched over his broad chest and tappered down to show off his narrow hips. He wore a pair of dark jeans, letting hang off his hips which just the right amount of swagger.

"No person should be that handsome," Victoria mused as Erumi ran up to him, his tail wagging happily.

"Hey sweetheart," Nichkhun greeted candidly, a charming smile on his smile.

"Hey," she returned. "That's Erumi," she said as Nichkhun couched down and petted her dog.

"So youre the lucky guy that gets to sleep in her bed," he grumbled to Erumi. He rose from the ground and sat down next to her, but made no move to talk.

"So..." he said finally, sending her sideways glance.

"So....." Victoria parotted, keeping her eyes frontard. She was determinedto not let her hormones ge the better of her this time. 

"A couple of days ago I woke up to find my baby girl, red Porsche saran wrapped."

Her head reared back. That wasnt what she was expecting him to say. "W-what?"

He nodded grimply. "Saran wrapped and the words "Stay away" painted on with blue paint." He paused."Took me 2 hours to get it off."

"Woon," she whispered, more to herself than him.

Nichkhun's jaw ticked. "That would be mu guess." His voice was tight and controlled like he holding back his anger..

Victoria couldnt help but ask, "Is that why you havent call me in two days? Because you were angry?"

"If you were worried sweetheart, you could have picked up the phone and called me yourself."

"I wasnt woried," she rebuffed. "I couldnt care less if youre angry or not."

"What ever you say," he responded lightly.

The propriety in his tone made her bristle. "I wasnt. And you have no right to be mad at me. Woon is the one messed with your Porsche. Not me."

Nichkhun's eyesflashed. "Stop putting words in my mouth. You should know mebetter than that."

She flicked her heand in the air. "I dont know who you are Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul."

Nichkhun growled and grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers. "I told you to call me Nichkhun."

The sharpnessin his voice jolted her. She looked up and saw the importance request on his face. The name meant something to him. But why?

He must have seen the questions in her eyes because he gently squeezedher hand. "Just trust me," he implored.

A chill went down her spine.

Trust.

That's what it all come down to. And the fact of the matter was that she didnt trust Nichkhun. There wee too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter