Chapter 26

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria heard the ding of the doorbell and raced downstairs before her parents could answer it. She had to do was to get her father's approval. Her hands trembled slightly as she soothed her hair and straightened her clothes. Everything was going to be fine. She kept chanting the words as if it was her own personal mantra. Maybe if she said it enough, it would come true.

The doorbell rang again and she took a calming breath. Freaking out was not going to help the situation. She needed remain calm and collected. With one last check of her clothes, she turned the handle and opened the door.

went dry when she saw him. The porch light had cast an almost angelic glow on him, making him appear ethereal. His skin appeared almost transculent while his blonde hair turned a wondrous gold. The image of stunning.

"Hey," he causally greeted, seemingly unaware of the effect he held over her. "You ready to go?"

His words brought reality crashing back. "Not yet. I have a surprise for you," she replied, feigning excitement.

Nichkhun's eyes lit up in curiosity. He gave her body a aslow perusal. "Let me guess. Red underwear?"

The comment didnt even register with her. She was too wrapped up in her own thoughts. With a forced smile she said, "Actually you get to meet my dad, Her smile slipped as she watched all the enthusiasm seep out of his eyes. Her nerves increased. "Surprise!" she added weakly.

His gaze slid down to where her fingers were nervously tapping against her leg. An inaudible sigh escaped his lips. "I think we need to work on your definition of a surprise," he glibly informed her as he entered the house.

Victoria let out the breath she was holding. "Im sure he'll love you," she reassured him as she looped her arm through his and pulled him further into the house. Unwanted thoughts of Nichkhun's inappropriateness popped up. "Well," she grimaced and patted his arm, "hopefully he will. Just smile and try to keep the ert comments to a minimum. I Hear fathers arent too keen on that."

"He doesnt own a shotgun, does he?" he whispered as they walked down the hallway toward the living room.

"No. My dad doesnt believe in guns." Victoria heard his sigh of relief and couldnt help but add, "Although he does a Taser and can of peper spray."

"If that was supposed to alleviate my nerves, it didnt work," he muttered darkly.

"Just a friendly reminder," she said lightly as they entered the living room where her parents were waiting. Her mother sat primly on the couch while her father stood in the middle of the room with his hands planted on his hips. His expression was stern as he watched them approach. "Mom, Dad," she said as she felt Nichkhun's body stiffen next to her. "This is Nichkhun."

"Ma'am," he acknowledge with a nod of the head before he turned to her father. "Hello Uncle Tony, its nice to see you again" he said solemnly, his voice considerably deeper than before.

"Hello my favorite young man, its nice to see you too," Tony hugged Nichkhun and laughed.

Victoria shocked. What the hell is that? They hugged? They know each other?

Her mom gave him a welcoming smile. "Its nice to finally meet you, Nichkhun. In all these years, I dont think we've ever had the chance to meet you. How is your parents?"

Victoria looked at his mom, thinking deeply what is happening right now.

Nichkhun's body relaxed a fraction as he let out a small chuckle. "They are good, ma'am. Im sure they are looking forward to meet you"

A smile escaped her mother's lips. "Its been a long time, I hope i can meet her soon".

"Victoria, why dont you wait outside? This young man and I are going to have a little chat" Her father demanded.

Her mother rose and took her hand. "Come on dear. Lets leave them alone."

She trailed after her mother but not before sending Nichkhun a questioning glance. 

"Mom, you know Nichkhun's parents? Victoria immediately asked her mother when they were alone. "Is his parents are your friends or what?

Her mother smiled. "Yes, my dear. Nichkhun's parents are our friends back then in highschool"

"Why didnt I know about this?" Victoria asked. 

"Well, I dont know that the guy youre communicating now is Nichkhun, if i know from the start, i would surely tell you about this," her mother explained.

"Do you think I should go on this date with Nichkhun?" she asked her mom, seeking an advice since she dont know what she was thinking right now.

"Do you want to go on date? Nichkhun is a good man" Her mom complimented Nichkhun.

Deep down she did. Against all logic, she was drawn to Nichkhun. He was full of contradictions that fascinated her. He was a puzzle she was compelled to solve.

"Then go. Enjoy yourself," her mother said with a smile. 

A few mins later, Nichkhun emerged from the living room with her father right at his heels. She hurried over to him. Subtly, he winked at her before turning to her father.

"I will have he back by 1130 Uncle Tony," Nichkhun swore.

"Nah, its okay Nichkhun, she is yours afterall," her father laughed and shaking his hand with Nichkhun.

With a pleasant goodbye from Nichkhun and Victoria, Tony and his wife entered the house.

"Fate brings them together," Tony looked at his wife and smiled.
"I know, dear. I dont know it turned out like this," His wife replied and laughed.

 

Before she could comment on what had just happened, he started the engine and set his phone on the dashboard. A digital map was open with directions to a local park. The park was a heavily forested area with hiking trails and streams running through it. Her brows knit together in confusion. It was pitch black outside. What kind of date was he taking her on? A reenacment of The Blair Witch Project?

It wasnt until they were on the highway that e spoke. "Have youever benn geocaching?" he asked, his voice breaking the silence.

It sounded faintly familiar. "Its kind of like treasure hunting right?"

"Exactly. Its an outdoor treasure hunt where you use your GPS system to navigate to a specific coordinate. That coordinate has a container holds something in it. If you take something out, you must put something in."

Victoria nodded. It sounded pretty fub. She liked the idea of hunting fortreasure like pirates. "But how are we going to do it at night?"

His face became animated as he described night geocaching. Apparently, they were driving to a specific GPS coordinate. Once they arrived, they would use flashlights to find a small trail reflector was in the shape of a triangle., which would point in the diirection of the next reflector. All they had to do was follow the trail and they would find the container.

Several times during his explanation, she had to force herself to payattention to his words. She was beginning to realiz that Nichkhun wsnt just handsome, he was captivating. He had natural charisma that couldnt be taught. It was evidnt in the tilt of his head, the sparkle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter