Chapter 16

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next evening, Victoria took a seat on the airplane, anxious and nervous for her mini adventure to begin. She looked out the window and wondered what Changmin had planned for her visit. Definitely a company tour, but what else? WHatever it was, hopefully she wouldnt do anything embarassing.

Before the plane ready to take off, she suddenly feels sleepy. She closed her eyes.

"Is this seat taken?" a deep voice asked her, she slowly opened her eyes. Victoria's breath hitched at the sound. Did Nichkhun decide to come? She whipped her head around, but was instantly dissapointed when she saw a squat, burly man standing in beside her. "I dont know, maybe yes maybe not you can check you seat number," she said congenially.

The man nodded and he checked his seat number and moved on.

Immediately, Victoria placed her jacket on the empty seat, wanting to discourage people from sitting next to her. She turned back to window, silently berating herself for hoping that Nichkhun would show up. Of course he wouldnt. He didnt even bother to respond to her text.

"Many people on the plane today" she talked to herself. She saw cabin crews helping out the other passengers.

Victoria leaned back in her seat, getting settled for the long ride.

A few minutes later, her phone vibrated with a text. She forgot to put her phone on flight mode. Her heart jumped when she saw whom it was from. He had finally responded to her. She quickly opened it.

I knew you couldnt stay away from me for too long - N

As cocky as ever, I see - Victoria

What can i say? You bring out the best in me =] Miss me, sweetheart? - N

Victoria shook her head in silent amusement. Of course, he would ask that. The guy thought the world revolved around him.

No - Victoria

Victoria leaned her forehead against the window, waiting for his response. God, she didnt realize how much she had missed his egotistical texts. A goofy grin spread across her face. He called her swetheart. That must mean he forgave her.

Your smile says otherwise. - N

Victoria's head popped up.

How do you know I'm smiling? - Victoria

Her phone vibrated a sec later.

You're not vey observant, you know that? Turn around. - N

All the air lungs suddenly left her as she read his words. He was here? On the plane? Slowly, rose from her seat, her heart pounding with an anticipation. She set her knee on the seat and turned to look at the passenger beside her.

"Nichkhun," she breathed.

He was casually leaning back in his seat, with his arms crossed over his chest. Victoria couldnt help but notice how handsome he looked, even though he was only wearing a hoodie and dark jeans. Hie eyes were trained on her, never leaving her face. He cocked his hed to the side and gave her a grin.

"Fancy seeing you here, sweethert." Nichkhun said attentively.

Victoria stared at him, her brain shutting down. He was here. He was actually here. She couldnt believe it. After a whole week of not hearing from him, here he ws, sitting beside her, acting like he didnt have a care in the world. Victoria opened to say something but nothing came out. The words were stuck in like a lump of coal.

"I see Ive rendered you speechless," Nichkhun drawled. "Dont worry. I seem to have that effect on a lot of girls."

Victoria's eyes narrowed. In the past week, she seemed to have forgotten how arrogant he could be. Well, it was all rushing back to her now. "The only effect you have on me is to my gag reflex"

His smirk turned into a full smile. "Oh how Ive missed your cutting words and thinly veiled insults. Life has been so dull without you"

She eyed him suspiciously. "Is that why you here? Because i add spice to your life?"

"You know, not everything is about you, sweetheart," he taunted in mock sincerity.

Her eyes flashed in irritation. As if he should practically the poster guy for narcissism.

"And a piece of advice?" he continued.

"Arrogance isnt a very attractive quality. It can really put people off"

Victoria's jaw dropped. Did he really just say that? Him? Of all people? He was the most arrogant person she knew! She gave him an icy glare before whipping around and plopping back down in her seat. God, he was so infuriating. Her eyes lifted to the heavens. "Why did i want to see him again? Please remind me.

"Because of my chiseled body and boyish good looks?"

Victoria looked over her shoulder and saw him hanging over the seat next to her, his arms wrapped around the headrest. "Ive seen better," she responded tartly.

"Because of my charming personality and quick wit?"

"Dont flatter yourself."

He snapped his fingers. "I know. Its because of my amazing sense of humor and unforgettable charisma, isnt it?"

"Sit in your seat Nichkhun," she ordered.

"Arent you going to let me sit next to you?" he pouted, motioning to the jacket she had placed to keep people away.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter