Chapter 21

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Home sweet home," Victoria declared. She glanced at Nichkhun who was still passed out in his seat next to her. She didnt know how he could still be tired. They had a sleep till noon and then gotten a quick bite to eat before catching a plane back home.

"Nichkhun. Wake up," she sang in his ear.

"Go away," he mumbled.

"Nichkhun," she said again, this time louder. When he still didnt move, she nudged his side with her elbow.

His eyes immediately flew open. "Anyone ever tell you that you have exceptionally sharp elbows?"

"Anyone ever tell you that you sleep like a dead?" Victoria questioned back.

"Well, maybe if you hadnt tired me out last night id have energy to stay awake," he replied loudly, the glimmer in his eyes letting her know his implication was on purpose.

"Maybe if you were doing it correctly, I would be passed out with you instead of wide awake," Victoria countered.

Nichkhun burst out laughing, his eyes glowing with delight. "I'll take that into consideration for next time." He gave her a quick wink.

"Next time?" Victoria thought to herself. Was there going next time?

The plane was safely landed.

"Do you need a ride home, sweetheart?" he asked as soon as they walked onto the arrival platform.

Victoria shook her head. "My friend, Woo Bin is picking me up, I will be heading to the office afterwards."

"Wo--obin?" Nichkhun asked, his eyes widening.

Victoria peered around Nichkhun's large body. "He should be here. I texted him what time the plane arrived."

A string of curse words flew out of Nichkhun's mouth. He grabbed Victoria's shoulders with both hands, forcing her to look at him. "Victoria...I...I" he faltered and rubbed a hand over his face, "Damn. Okay, listen, I..." he trailed off, looking slightly uncomfortable.

Victoria gave him an odd look. "What's wrong with you? Its not like you're meeting my parents or anything."

"Victoria!"

Victoria's ees lit up as she saw Woo Bin. She waved her hand in the air, trying to gain his attention. "Wooooon!" she shouted.

Woo Bin gave her a chin nod and headed towards them.

"Victoria," Nichkhun said urgently, "listen to me. I have to tell you something-"

"Hey Victoria," Woo Bin greeted, approaching them.

Nichkhun's eyes closed for a brief second, his face a mixture of resignation and dread.

"Nichkhun, I wanna you meet my CEO, Woo Bin. Woon, this is-"

"Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul, the CEO of Horvejkul Corp" Woo Bin hissed, finishing her sentence. "What the hell are you doing with her?"

"Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul? Victoria gasped, trying to remember something. Yes, she remembered! Amber have told her before about Horvejkul family, about Horvejkul only heir. She also remembered that, Horvejkul is their company's biggest rival and now they're competing over Eco-City project. She remembered but. It had to be a mistake. He would have told her. He would mentioned it during one of their talks. Victoria's eyes flew to him and paused.

Wouldnt he have?

Doubt started to creep in when he averted his eyes, not willing to face her. "Look at me," she pleaded, trying to ignore the heavy feeling in the pit of her stomach. Silently, she prayed Woo Bin was wrong. 

Anxiously, she waited for him to meet her gaze and when he did, she felt the air rush out of her lungs. His eyes were nomally clear, but now they were clouded with guilt.

"No," she thought to herself. "No. This is all a mistake. He is not Horvejkul's CEO and heir. He is Nichkhun. My Nichkhun."

"Sweetheart," he whispered softly, the words barely audible.

Victoria flinched, the endearment cutting through her denial like a hot knife.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter