Chapter 15

Cellphone (slow updates)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is my father around?" asked Nichkhun.

"Master John is still in the office but he will be back early to join you dinner." Simon replied and took Nichkhun's briefcase away.

"Do you know why Dad asked me to come back so urgently?" Nichkhun asked.

"He didnt say," Simon answered pouring him a cup of coffee, "but he has been meeting up with Tony a lot more than usual recently."

"Uncle Tony? What's so unusual about that? They are lifelong friends." Nichkhun sip his coffee.

"Do you know that Tony has a two daughter?" Simon asked.

"Nope, its been a while.....i dont know anything about Uncle Tony, but he had company which called Preston" Nichkhun sighed. Remembering what his father wants him to do. Business marriage.

"Tony loves her daughters a lot.....i bet his daughters are pretty, i only met them once" Simon smiled.

Nichkhun sighed and he murmured under his breath, "What if her daughters are ugly?"

Nichkhun and his father enjoyed their dinner coffees at the conservatory.

"Dinner was excellent" His father broke the silence.

"Yeah....hm honestly Dad what was the urgent matter?" Nichkhun asked, curiously.

His father, John did not reply immediately and he took a sip of his coffee. Nichkhun studied his father's face. It was a face that was at once so familiar and yet so strange.

"GreenLife is in a lot more financing trouble than appears on the surface, the stock markets are just way too unpredictable and they lost quite a bit. They need Eco-City as a legitimate reason to get more funds and from a long term aspect, this collaboration will be hugely beneficial to the company." His father finished, watching his son's reaction.

Nichkhun could not believe what he was hearing. He got up from his seat in a daze and stared out the glass consevatory to the darkening grounds.

Nichkhun knew his father was right. The trust fund he was beneting from was set up by his grandfather who was agricultural magnate. GreenLife, with aim of creating newer and better farming methods. With the spiked interest in organic farming recently, GreenLife went aggressivelyy into agro-technology but progress has been slow as it was not widely accepted. A large project like Eco-City was the perfect platform to not only develop high tech farming methods but also to show the worldit will change the way of farming as they know it.

", I'm so stupid, why the hell i helped out Victoria on the project, hell I dont know that she worked for the company though...i need to keep this by myself, if dad knows, im dead" he glanced to his father's face.

"Dad, I am sure there's a better way than marriage," Nichkhun prosted, turning back to his father.

"Why? This is strictly for business" his father shot back.

"But Dad-this is my life, I-"

His father cut his words. "I know it sounds too ludi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter