Fourteen

Beyond Curse

SOOJUNG

 

 

That day when Jongin drop me by my ‘sister’s’ gallery I feel so down, he doesn’t even look at me, why is his stare like that, what have I done again to deserve that expression of his?

“Soojung—you okay?” I felt warm palm on my shoulder as I looked at the owner and saw my stunning ‘sister’ smling at me as she offered me a drink as I nod.

“Yes, Iam”

She smiled at me as she broke the ice and uttered “Oh by the way, how’s your mom? Is she okay? Why don’t you visit her?”

 

I can visit her. Really?

 

“Can I visit her unnie?”

 

She nodded.

I smiled.

 

“But—I need to be careful and my time would be limited right unnie?” I asked as she worriedly look at me then patted my head.

“Iam sorry my sister is not yet here, I promise to bring her back sooner or later okay?”

 

Jessica unnie is so nice.

 

“Oh by the way, how are you—Kai called me and said you are in the hospital, Im so sorry I didn’t come to fetch you”

“Oh its okay, Ive been such a bother to you already unnie”

She looked up and thought of something.

“Aha, you can sneak out later and go to your mom—“ she ran upstairs as I waited for her and the time she went down I saw her carrying black glittery dress with a wig and a Rayban.

“Wear this for tonight—go to your mom but be sure to come back before ten, I will take care of everything” She said as I felt my eyes to tear up at her statement that I jumped at her and hugged her tightly.

“Thank you so much Jessica unnie, you don’t know how thankful Iam to have you” I gave her a peck in the cheeks as she pat my head.

“Take care later okay?”

I nodded.

 

 

Six in the afternoon.

I looked at my wristwatch as I looked at myself in the mirror, I look awful. But this is the only way I can sneak out and go to Sehun’s unit where my mom is staying.

 

I have four hours left .

 

I jumped at the back house while climbing on the wall as I run to the bus station still hiding myself, got off at the second station and went walking as I looked on the paper where I was longing to see my mom.

Mom. Im here.

 

Luckily Sehun came with trashbags on his hand as he looked at me with confusion. “Who are you?”

I slipped my glasses towards my nosebridge and smiled. “Its me—“

 

He gave me a big smile as he lets me enter as he pulled out his gloves and leave the trashes at the front gate while we ran at the rooftop where they are staying.

“Auntie, someone is here to see you” Sehun shouted as I looked around and smell the place.

 

It still didn’t change.

 

“Sehun who—“ Mom was shocked to see me there as I took off my log messy wig along with my shades as I embraced my mom who looks better than before while Sehun was leaning his back on the wall just looking at us.

“My dear, how are you—you lose so much weight, what happen?” I tried to control my tears as she cups my face and I just shook my head.

“Im glad you are fine now mom..i miss you” I hugged her again this time too tight I don’t want to let her go.

“Nah—mother and daughter bonding is so fun.. can I join?” Sehun came in hugging with us as the three of us hugs together for the first time in forever.

 

We spend the next one hour chit chatting and laughing like no tomorrow, Sehun was mocked by me as he gave me a pout while clinging to my mom and I was pushing him away because that was my mom he was clinging onto, my mom get tired at around eight thirty and I sang a song for her as I hugged her to sleep, when she was sleeping I made sure I tucked her onto the warm blanket and plants a kiss on her forehead when stood up and put my shoes on and went outside to think.

“Soo”

I turned to where that voice came from when I saw Sehun smiling at me as he sat beside me.

“Hmn?”

“Do you really want this?”

 

I looked at him.

 

“Like what?”

“This? What you are in?”

I gave him a smile as I looked up.

 

“Sometimes things ought to change”

“What do you mean Soo?”

“Iam loving their family”

 

He looked at me and gave me a smile “Do you like him?”

I almost jerked up as I heard the word like and him combined from his lips.

“Wh-what are you talking about?” I was stuttering as he patted my back.

“Well, you let him kiss you—so it means you are into him” I looked at him as I fixed my hair by pushing it to the left.

“I need to go now—its getting dark and I have a curfew”  I stood up just to be stopped by him when I felt him backhugging me.

“If you leave now, I wont go after you Soo”

I stiffened at his touch.

 

Oh Sehun, what are you doing?

 

I pushed myself out from his hug as I looked at him. “Don’t worry Se, I know what Iam doing” I gave him a smile as he looked down and bite his lip.

“You know I ---“

 

He what?

 

“You know I don’t care now if you got messed up Soo, just don’t come crying to me okay?” He messed my hair and gave me a smile as I hugged him.

“Take care of mom for me Se, please” He nodded as he pushed me out from the hug and volunteered himself to bring me home but I decline.

 

Nine thirty.

 

Im effin dead this time for sure, I should be inside the house but guess what, the front doors were secured by the camera and I have no choice but to jump by the back door again.

 

What a life it is.

 

I was looking at how high the wall is when a car passed by me, I looked at the car and shoot, it was none other than Kim Jongin. What is he doing at our house, !

 

I panicked as I  tried to climb on the wall when I grips on the hanging rope of one tree when I saw someone peeking at my skirt.

“YAHHH ERT!!!!” I looked down when I saw Jongin looking at me crossing his arms.

“What are you doing climbing at your own house with that outfit of yours?” He pointed at me as I want to throw something at him but unluckily, yes unluckily I lost my balance and landed on him…on top of him.

“Ahhhh—“ he groaned in pain as I gazed at his orbs while my hands were at his chest when I tried to stand up.

“Can you get off—my waist, ahh” He propped his elbows to the ground as I sat on the floor looking down.

“Why are you wearing something weird?” He looked at me as I realized im wearing an awful wig.

“Why are you here?” I suddenly changed the topic.

“Oh, nothing—I just passed by your house” He gave me a chuckle and obviously it wont work on me.

“Liar, come on let’s go somewhere and talk, our position is too awkward” I said as I stood up offering him my hand.

 

We arrived at the park while he is carrying some cake on his hands.

“What are those?” I pointed at the cake at his right as he brought it up to me.

“Cakes, well I went on a meeting and they gave me these—but I don’t like Mango Parfait”

 

Did he just said Mango parfait?

 

“Then can I have it?” before having the answer I hastily grabbed it from his hand and opened it as I grabbed the spoon sticked on the box and ate it happily.

“MMMNNN!! Its such a long time when I ate this cake---“ I savor each cake and icing on my mouth as it melt down through my throat as I giggled when I looked at him staring at me.

 

“What are you looking at?” I gulped the cake as I blinked at him when I felt him coming closer to me grabbing my cheeks with his hand.

“YAH KIM JONGIN!!!!” I looked at his sface and his seductive orbs that was boring onto mine as I felt his lips once again into mine for the second time, but this time its different. He was kissing me, moving his lips to my creamy lips, I can even taste the cream of the cake as he scooted closer to me bringing me closer to him as he gave me a passionate kiss as we both pull out of each other to gain some oxygen.

 

“Whoever you are---I love you” he pressed his forehead onto mine as I looked at his orbs.

 

Did he just said I love you to me?