annoying customers and annoying soon-to-be husbands

Married To A Brat

Eunhyuk sat in class, bored out of his mind. His eyes flickered towards the clock.

12:05

The teenager mentally groaned upon realizing that he still had another fifteen minutes before it was officially time to hand in his test papers. He glanced across the classroom. His peers were frowning down onto their papers, scratching their heads and thinking fiercely. Many had given up, simply filling in random answers and falling asleep due to the high-level difficulty of the test.

Eunhyuk chewed on his pencil as he looked down at his finished papers. Not only had he finished but the teenager had even checked it over twice. He sighed, trying to find a way to pass fifteen more minutes in the deadly silence.

Unconsciously, the boy’s finger came up to touch the healing cut beside mouth. As his finger met with the tender skin, Eunyuk’s brain flooded with thoughts of his fiancé who had caused it.

It had been a good four days since the violent interaction. Since then, neither Eunhyuk nor Donghae had spoken. Surprisingly, it wasn’t the elder who was refusing to speak with him but instead Eunhyuk who had made it his life’s goal to avoid Donghae to the ends of the earth.

The younger didn’t know if he was doing it because he was angry at the elder for hitting him. No, that couldn’t be it. Eunhyuk even knew how much he deserved that punch – or two.

Maybe it was because Eunhyuk actually felt guilty for stealing his fiancé’s first kiss. No – that was bull as well. Though he’d never admit it, Eunhyuk felt a sense of pride that he’d stolen the elder’s first kiss. Knowing that he was first to touch those lips, kiss them, make them swollen, claim them –

Ahem. Anyways, moving on, that couldn’t be it either.

The real reason as to why Eunhyuk was ignoring Hae like the plague was because of the strange desire that had bubbled into his heart. He didn’t know what was happening. Hell, he’d never felt this before, not in his eighteen years of life.

Whenever he saw Donghae, whether it be that the elder was sitting or moving or eating or freaking breathing, Eunhyuk wanted to just slam him against a wall and have his way with the college student. The thought had first crossed him the night of the incident. Then, he’d thrown it away, closing his mind and imagining something, anything else. Over the course of a couple of days though, the thought had become an urge, the urge becoming passion.

So every time Eunhyuk saw Donghae, he had to turn away. He was scared of what he might do if he didn’t. Scared of what he might do if he did what he wanted to do.

Before Eunhyuk could further exhaust his mind, the bell finally rang.

Mrs. Jung slammed his hands onto her desk, hoisting her large frame up.

“Time is up, my students. Please pile your papers on my desk so I can fail you all.”

Even before the middle aged teacher had finished her small joke, cackling to no ends afterwards, Eunhyuk had plopped his paper down and exited the room. He just wanted to get home before his fiancé and go to bed.

 

 

Donghae was washing up the yogurt bowls when the bell rang, indicating a new customer.

“Sorry we’re cl – You?”

The customer smiled charmingly, walking towards the counter. “Hi Donghae.”

Hae was taken back. He didn’t think he’d ever see the mysterious customer again to be frank.

“W-We’re closed sorry.”

The man grinned. “I know you are. That’s why I’m here to pick you up for our date.”

Donghae would’ve scoffed if not for the determined look in the taller man’s gaze. He settled on pursing his lips. “I don’t even know you.”

“I’m Yunho. I work as an engineer in a large company and receive a nice paycheck every month. I own a small ranch out in the country but in Seoul I live in a modest condo. My mother and father both live in the countryside as well. I have two sisters who’ve migrated to the U.S. Also, I currently live with the most beautiful woman in the world, my dog, Junhee.”

Donghae was flabbergasted at the amount of information the customer had spouted in less than two minutes.

“Now you know me, Donghae.” Yunho smirked, eyes cocky and confident.

Hae rolled his eyes. “Look here, Mr. Yunho. I don’t care if you’re an engineer or if you live with your dog. All I know is that we’re currently closed and you’re trespassing on private property.”

Yunho chuckled a little. “Has anyone told you that your sarcasm is endearing?”

Donghae felt speechless. How was one supposed to respond to something so greasy?

Yunho’s grin grew wider as he saw Hae’s open mouth. “I’ll leave for today, Donghae. Next time though, I hope we can catch a film together.”

Hae watched the customer walk towards the door. Before disappearing completely, Yunho cried, “I’ll text you!”.

Donghae rolled his eyes. “Crazy customers.”

 

 

A knock rang on Eunhyuk’s bedroom door. Puffing his cheeks in annoyance, the teenager ignored the intrusion.

“Lee Eunhyuk open this door before I remove it!”

Immediately sitting up, Eunhyuk ran to open the door.

“G-Grandpa.”

The elderly man pushed aside his grandson and waltzed into the huge bedroom, settling himself on the soft love-seat. Eunhyuk took a seat across of him.

“Eunhyuk, I have some important matters to discuss.”

The teen frowned. “What’s up?”

“Nothing’s up, Lee Hyukjae. Everything is looking down! Before your little incident of forcing yourself on my grandson in law –“ Eunhyuk started to argue but halted at the glare he received. “ – at least Donghae and you fought like cats and dogs. Now the two of you act like ghosts, not even uttering one word despite the close distant! This wedding is going to happen no matter your thoughts, Lee Hyukjae. So fix this.”

Eunhyuk was left scowling as the elder jumped up and stomped out of the room, slamming the door shut for extra measure. The teen could only let out an angry sigh as he stared at the closed door.

 

“Donghae Sir, you’re home.” Ryeowook welcomed warmly as Hae stepped inside. The college student smiled brightly – Ryeowook had become one of his best friends over the course of his stay. The two had even exchanged numbers.

“Wook, I told you to call me Donghae.”

Ryeowook just rolled his eyes as he took his friend’s jacket and hung it. “I can’t possibly do that, Sir. You know I can’t – not when you’re soon to be Eunhyuk Sir’s husband.”

Donghae’s smile dimmed a little at the mention of his fiancé. A fiancé who avoided him like the plague, Hae thought bitterly.

“What’s for dinner?”

“Tuna salad!” Kangin called from the kitchen.

Hae nodded excitedly. “I’ll go freshen up then!”

 

Eunhyuk’s ears perked as he heard the shower running in the room beside his. Before he could help himself, the teenager had already entered Hae’s room, closing the door softly behind himself.

Eunhyuk’s eyes glanced around, admiring the décor that Hae had added to the previously bland room. The original plain white bed covers had been replaced by a nice burgundy comforter. The curtains matched the bed. Along the night tables were childhood pictures of the college student, a single picture of what Eunhyuk assumed were his parents on the opposite night stand.

The intruder frowned. He’d never once asked about Donghae’s parents.

As Eunhyuk contemplated whether or not he should one day ask, a ding! pulled him out of his thoughts. The teen first reached for his own pocket before realizing that it hadn’t been his phone that had beeped. Eunhyuk’s eyes darted to the white cell phone laying on the dressing table.

One part of the boy wanted to just ignore the incoming messages. Another part of him urged him to read the message, to feed his curiosity.

And of course, the latter won.

Eunhyuk quickly sat down on the bed, taking the cell phone in his hands.

 

From: Unknown

To: My Future Wife

Hi Donghae. You’re wondering how I got your number aren’t you? Keke. True love finds all, Donghae ssi.

Reply soon~

Your future hubby, Customer Yunho.

 

Eunhyuk sat there, half confused half seething as he finished reading the message. Before he could stop himself – once freaking again – he’d already typed back a reply.

 

To: Unknown

From: Not telling you,

Excuse me but please stop texting me. I’ll call the police.

For your info, I am already married to a y, hot, adorable man who loves me a lot.

Well… soon-to-be-married. It’s the same anyways okay. So…

. Off.

 

Laughing deviously to himself, Eunhyuk clicked send. The teen didn’t get to enjoy his little moment of jealousy for long though because soon, the bathroom door flung open, revealing an almost- Donghae, a small towel being the mere thing covering him.

“What the frick are you doing here, Lee Eunhyuk?”