gossip from a stranger

Married To A Brat

Donghae woke to a dull pain in his lower back and red wrists. Not to mention a plethora of love bites ranging from his neck to his collar bone. 

But there was no surprise there. 

"Mornin' love." Hyuk cooed, circling his arms around Hae's back as the elder made himself some coffee. 

Donghae blushed, scowling to cover it up. "You're gross." 

Hyuk chuckled, shuffling over to the fridge to retrieve his strawberry milk. "You weren't saying that last night, babe." Before Hae's blush deepened even further, Hyuk continued. "Anyways, we have a small party to attend. So you better clean up that beautiful artwork on your neck." 

Hae's eyes turned to saucers. Switching off the coffee maker, he ran to the bathroom, shrieking when his eyes met with the obnoxious marks his husband had left. 

"Lee Hyukjae you er!" 

The younger roared in laughter from the kitchen. 

 

 

When Donghae had finished getting ready, dressed in a slick black suit with a pink shirt underneath, he arrived back to his and Hyuk's room to find the younger struggling with his tie. He rolled his eyes. 

"Come here." 

Hyuk let himself be hauled over as Donghae worked on perfecting a tie. He smiled. 

"You look beautiful." 

Donghae just threw him a scowl, though his stomach didn't forget to jump a little. When he was finished securing the skinny pink tie, he patted Hyuk's chest and pulled away. 

"You're lucky I tied your tie for you. Without it you wouldn't look so good." 

Hyukjae chuckled. "If you wanted to compliment you could've just said so. No need to beat around the bush, hun." Hae opened his mouth to retort but was cut off when Hyuk's lips caught his own. Their kiss was soft and gentle, no more of the hungry passion they'd had the night before. 

And truthfully, these were the kisses scaring Donghae. 

Rough kisses, he could jusitfy as Hyukjae's hormonal teenager phase. But what about soft kisses, where he felt loved? How could he justify those? 

"I want to stand here and kiss you all day babe, but we've got somewhere to be." Hyuk whispered. 

Hae's cheeks turned red, as he instantly pulled away. Not saying another word, he his heel and down the stairs. 

 

 

Donghae felt his husband tense as soon as they had arrived at the banquet hall. 

"What's wrong," he whispered. 

Hyukjae smiled, though the fakeness of it didn't go blank to Hae's eyes. "Nothing, don't worry. Should I get you a drink?" 

Donghae could only nod, frowning when he watched his husband walk away towards the bar. Sighing, he decided to look around some. 

"You're the new addition to Lee Corp, huh." 

Hae jumped at hearing a foreign voice whisper into his hear. He turned around, greeted by a tall good looking man. 

"Changmin." He introduced himself, lips cocking up into a smirk. 

Donghae reluctantly shook his hand, eyes glancing around for his husband. "Lee Donghae. I am Hyukjae's husband." 

Changmin's smirk grew even wider. "Hyukjae, huh? You two must be really close, you calling him by his real name and all." 

Donghae didn't know why but Changmin gave him an uncomfortable feeling, like that of a snake. "Of course, we are married." 

"Everyone knows it was a forced marriage, Donghae. Don't think people actually believed that Lee Eunhyuk would ever fall in love again after what happened." 

Donghae stopped looking around, directing his entire attention to the intimidating man. "Again? Did something happen before?" 

Changmin chuckled, though it sent shivers up Hae's spine. "You don't know?" 

"Know what?" Hae demanded, getting frustrating. 

Changmin's smirk vanished before his lips pursed into a tight line. He looked behind Hae, motioning for Donghae to do the same. When Hae did, he felt his frown getting deeper. Next to his husband stood a breathtakingly beautiful girl. Now, he wouldn't have normally cared. What irritated him was the way his husband was staring at the girl as she tried to avoid him. 

"Lee Jiyeon. Eunhyuk's best childhood friend and high-school sweetheart until last year, when Jiyeon's father passed. After that she became cold and emotionless. She dumped Eunhyuk, cut all relations with her friends. It's well known around the industry that Eunhyuk still loves her, and one day wishes to melt her frozen heart." 

When Changmin finished, Donghae didn't look too happy. 

"Sorry Donghae, you asked and I just answered you." 

Donghae didn't say anything and simply looked back towards the bar. He bit his lip when he saw it once again empty, with both Jiyeon and Hyukjae gone. 

"Maybe today is one day." Changmin muttered under his breath. "The day to melt the ice queen's heart." 

Donghae just bit his tongue from cursing and walked away to look for his husband. As Changmin watched Hae go, he whistled lowly. 

"Gotta give it to Hyuk to get all the y ones." 

 

 

"Jiyeon." Hyukjae breathed, softly pushing the thin girl away. "I can't. I can't do this anymore." 

"You said you loved me. You said you'd wait as long as it took, forever even." 

Hyuk looked into her big eyes, feeling helpless when he saw the sadness and despair, the loss of a loved one. He couldn't help himself, he just wanted the sadness gone. 

"Jiyeon ah." He whispered, tucking a stray hair behind her ear. 

She leaned closer. "Kiss me, Eunhyuk. Make me feel good for the first time a long time." 

Hyuk gulped, looking down at her full red lips. They were once everything he worshipped, perfect in every way. But now, he couldn't help but compare them with Donghae's thin pink ones that he'd grown to memorize. 

Jiyeon circled her arms around his neck, pulling him in even closer. "You don't want to?" 

"I -" 

"Yeah what's it going to be, Lee Hyukjae?" 

Both Jiyeon and Hyukjae turned to face the owner of the third voice. Jiyeon frowned, removing her arms as Hyukjae went pale. 

"Donghae."