the meaning of family

Married To A Brat

Donghae sat in the office of his husband's high school anxiously. The door opened, revealing a middle aged man whom he assumed was the principal. 

"Are you the parent or guardian of Lee Hyukjae?" 

Donghae's brain flooded with images of the previous day, including images of himself sprawled upon the kitchen table, his legs spread apart invitingly to his husband. He swallowed harshly. "Yes sir." He spoke with a strained voice. 

"Come inside." 

Donghae took a seat. He observed the office quietly, noticing pictures of the man and his family scattered throughout the office. 

"You have a beautiful family." He remarked tactfully. 

Mr. Hong smiled. "Thank you. My oldest, Jaesung, is graduating this year." 

Donghae inwardly smirked. The fish had caught his bait quite easily. 

"Are you attending his graduation?" 

"Of course, our family -" The principal began only to fade off, only now realizing where the conversation was headed. He cleared his throat. "Anyhow, how may I help you this afternoon?" 

Donghae smiled tightly. "Our family would also like to see Hyukjae graduate, Mr. Hong." 

Mr. Hong cleared his throat. "I'm afraid Hyukjae has lost his privileges of attending graduation. He has gotten into countless altercations this year -" 

"I am aware of that, Mr. Hong." Donghae began professionally. "I do apologize on behalf of him, however, I do not agree that this is the right course of action. The punishment is too weak. Hyukjae doesn't give a about attending the graduation ceremony." 

Mr. Hong raised his eyebrows at the crude language. Donghae wanted to bite down on his rotten tongue. 

"What I mean to say is that he doesn't care, hence, this punishment is ineffective. It only causes harm to our family, who cannot watch our Hyukjae graduate. As you may know, Hyukjae's parents passed away in a car accident. He only has his Grandfather, who is old and graying." Donghae coaxed, knowing that Grandfather Lee would have his head if he heard him talk such crap. "One of his last wishes is to see his grandson, who he raised on his back, graduate from high school. Do you really wish to take this away from him?" 

"Mr. Lee," The principal awkwardly rubbed his nape. "I cannot just forgo what Hyukjae did. He seriously injured another student and must be punished." 

Donghae shook his head. "I agree! You can punish him in any other way you'd like. Do they still engage in corporal punishment at school?" He knew they didn't. He was only teasing. Images of the previous day once again invaded his brain, in which he'd been bent over the bed and spanked by his ruthless husband as Hyukjae scolded him for taking too long to confess his feelings. Donghae fought the heat spreading across his cheeks. 

"No, no. We are no longer allowed to touch the students." 

"You can have him clean? I've only been in this school for about half an hour and I've already noticed some stained walls and dusty hallways. He can clean." 

Mr. Hong was visibly melting under Donghae's charm. The man sighed finally. 

"Very well. I will allow Lee Hyukjae to walk the ceremony, only because I pity him for losing his parents and I know he is a troubled child." 

Donghae smiled falsely. "Thank you so much." He repeated over and over as he shook the man's hand. He stood to leave, only to turn before reaching the door. 

"And Mr. Hong?" 

"Yes." 

"Hyukjae's not a troubled child. He's a good kid. I'd also like you to further look into this fight and see what - or who - instigated such behavior from him." 

 

"Lee Hyukjae! Come down here." Donghae called upon entering the Lee Residence. He removed his shoes and waited for his husband to run down. 

"Hmm?" Hyukjae hummed in response as he descended the stairs. He walked until he was a mere centimeter away from his husband, taking him by the waist and pulling him in. He settled his face in the crook of Donghae's neck. Donghae gulped. He couldn't get used to this so fast. He didn't dislike it. Hell no. He just felt so damn shy. He gently pushed the boy away. 

"Pick out a suit." 

Hyukjae raised a brow, not comprehending. 

"You have a graduation to attend tomorrow." 

"Hae I told you -" Hyukjae began only to be interrupted by Donghae's lips. It was only a little peck. Donghae pulled away half a second later, grinning. Still, it made the waves in Hyukjae's stomach crash and roar. 

"You have a graduation to attend tomorrow." Donghae repeated. "I spoke to your principal. You're good. We're good." 

A slow smile crept upon Hyukjae's sharp features. He giggled uncharacteristically, leaning down to peck his husband once again. 

"How did I get so lucky to have a husband like you?" 

Donghae chortled. "I don't know. The heavens must love you." 

"You love me too." 

Donghae blushed. He looked away. Hyukjae took him by the chin.

"You do, right?" 

Donghae looked into the almond eyes before him. He thought they were perhaps the most beautiful eyes he'd ever looked into. He liked the way they sparkled. He liked the way they danced with happiness. He always wanted them to look like that. 

"Yeah. I do. I love you." He answered with a grin as he leaned up to meet his husband's mouth once more. 

 

Donghae clicked his tongue. 

"You can't go out looking like this." He shook his head. 

Hyukjae frowned. He looked towards the mirror in the back. He thought he looked fine. He wore a crisp black suit under his black gown. He had done his hair cleanly above his head and taken off his earring. He looked fine, did he not? 

"You're too handsome. We can't let you out like this." Donghae finished. 

Hyukjae burst into laughter. "You're cheesy." He guffawed. 

Donghae brought his hands to the younger's hair, gently tousling. He liked when Hyukjae looked a little messier. 

"Better." 

Hyukjae brought a hand to cup Donghae's face. He pecked the man on his nose. 

"Let's go before we miss the ceremony you worked to hard for us to attend." 

"Let's go get you graduated, Mr. Adult." 

 

"Calm your nerves." 

"He's not coming out. This is his homeroom. Where is he? I can't see him." 

The Grandfathers threw the boy a look. He had been rambling ever since they'd gotten into their seats. 

"He'll be out soon. Relax." 

"I can't relax!" 

Everyone sighed. The entire staff had come along to see their master graduate. Truthfully, no one had thought this day would come. Not even Grandfather Lee. Hyukjae had changed for the utmost better after meeting Donghae. 

"You know, the master had always been a brat when he was younger. I didn't think he'd ever grow to be the man he is today." Leeteuk commented. 

Grandfather Lee nodded in agreement. "You know, he bowed to me before we left the house today. I almost had a heart attack." 

Donghae listened the conversations with a smile.

"After meeting Donghae, it seems like he's finally grown up." 

Kangin nodded. "Donghae was his wake up call."

Donghae didn't have time to blush for they were calling Lee Hyukjae's name next. He sprung from his seat and begun to cheer - admittedly embarrassingly - as Hyukjae walked down to receive his diploma. The entire family and staff joined in soon and soon all eyes were on their lunatic family. Donghae didn't mind. He cheered louder.