gratefulness and shocking tears

Married To A Brat

Donghae's eyes fluttered open as harsh sunlight poured in from the big glass windows. He yawned, stretching out his limbs wide. The college student let out a confused groan when his elbow met with something hard, something not like the soft bed he'd grown fond of. Surpisingly, the thing groaned back. 

And then, Hae turned to his side. 

"AHHH!" 

Eunhyuk flung up, immediately in sitting position, looking like a madman with swollen yet alert wide eyes. Donghae, out of pure instinct, grabbed a pillow and smacked the sleepy boy right smack dab in the face. Hard. 

"Ouch! What the Lee Dong -" 

Another hit, this time on the back of Hyuk's head. 

"You high schooler!" Hae screeched, smacking the poor boy repeatedly. "Bloody !" 

"No no you don't understand - OUCH!" Having enough, Eunhyuk finally grabbed the soft yet firm pillow out of Hae's hands, chucking it across the room. For good measure he took the elder's hands in his own, tightly holding on. "Listen to me before you go bat, Lee Donghae!" 

"Then ing explain. I could've sworn I fell alseep downstairs and -" 

"Exactly!" Hyuk hollered. "You freaking fell asleep downstairs on the cold dining table and I carried you and your fat body all the damn way up to this bedroom and what do I get as a thanks? Waking up to you and your ing temper tantrum!" 

Donghae took a moment to take in the information. He gulped. "W-Why'd you carry me up?" 

Eunhyuk looked away, breathing harshly. "I don't know - you slept with everything so dirty and out of order. I'm one for order, okay." 

Feeling a bit guilty for his act, Hae pouted. "Oh." 

The younger scoffed indignantly, pushing Hae's hands away. "Yeah, oh." Before Donghae could say anymore, Eunhyuk got out of bed and stomped off to his own room, closing the door with a slam. 

Hae sighed and softly smacked his own head, the pout on his lips getting thicker. "Stupid." 

 

Hyuk had drove off to school when Donghae came downstairs. He frowned. 

"Did Eunhyuk leave already?" 

Chef Shindong nodded, placing a plate of eggs and toast in front of Hae. "He leaves around 7:20 every morning." 

"I see." Hae pouted, upset that he hadn't been able to thank the younger for last night.

Seeing the pout on Hae's lips, Chef Shindong inwardly smiled in amusement. Is this kid interested for real in our bratty master? Interesting... 

"If you'd like, my young sir, you could visit him at lunctime. As per Ryeowook's notice, I've learned that you have no schedule until the evening today." 

Donghae's face lit up like a Christmas tree. "What time's lunch?" 

 

"Can you please accept my love, Eunhyuk oppa?" 

Eunhyuk could only sigh. The girl was pretty, sure - long brown hair, big doe eyes, satisfying s. But she wasn't enough for Eunhyuk to break his chain of never dating seriously. 

"I'm sorry ChunHee -"

"Oppa, please!" ChunHee cried, grabbing tightly onto Eunhyuk's hand. Her big eyes were watery with disappointment. "I can't live without you." 

Eunhyuk looked away. He gently but firmly removed his hand from the girl's grasp. "I'm sorry but I don't think that statement is plausible. You don't even know me, I'm sure you could move on and live just fine." 

A tear rolled down the girl's cheeks, her hands clenched tightly at her sides now. 

"Oppa, to me you're the one. You may not love me back and I accept that but don't tell me I don't know you -" 

"But you dont!" Eunhyuk's shell finally broke. The girl gasped, stumbling back. "You don't ing know me so don't act like it!" 

Donghae - who had been standing there all along, watching the small drama go down - frowned as he watched Eunhyuk walk away. His eyes widened when Eunhyuk's eyes met his own for a breif moment, panic bubbling in his chest. Then, Eunhyuk looked away and strode off. 

Hae stood there stunned. Were those unshed tears in his eyes? 

 

 

What're you doing here, fish? 

~ Brat 

 

Donghae's eyes brightened a little as he saw the incoming text message. 

 

To: Brat 

Where are you? I'll come find you - I brought lunch 

 

Hae stood awkwardly in the high school hallway, waiting for a reply. A couple seconds later, his phone made a bing! 

Courtyard. Come quick stupid fish. 

~ Brat

Hae rolled his eyes, his feet already scrambling to the courtyard. He didn't know why he chose to ignore the rude remarks thrown his way. Maybe it was because he was still thankful for last night. Maybe. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Short update xD