the money is always the problem

Married To A Brat

Donghae’s leg refused to stop shaking. A finger was shoved in between his mouth, biting.

 

Eunhyuk on the other hand was fuming, annoyance and anger and betrayal present in his eyes.

 

“Grandfather, you cannot force me into a marriage with some dude you picked off the street!”

 

Donghae’s eyes narrowed indignantly but he kept his mouth shut. He couldn’t quite picture dollar signs in his future anymore. In front of his money stood a devil in high school who’d probably do anything and everything to turn Hae’s life into hell.

 

“Lee Hyukjae, don’t you dare tell me what I can and cannot do.”

 

At the use of his real name, Eunhyuk tensed. His Grandfather was being dead serious.

 

Hae didn’t dwell too long on the fact that Eunhyuk’s real name was Hyukjae. He’d knew Eunhyuk was too modern of a name to be true.

 

“You inheritance, your future, everything relies on this one decision of yours. Donghae has been your betrothed since your first breath on this world. For you to deny something that’s written in the stars is a downright insult to our ancestors. If you refuse, I will be forced to never call you my grandson again. Is that clear, Lee Hyukjae?”

 

Donghae gulped, the knot in his throat getting thicker with each passing second. He turned his head, then immediately regretted it. Looking into the younger’s fuming eyes was a definite mistake.

 

“Fine.”

 

If Grandfather was taken back he didn’t look it. “Good.”

 

Eunhyuk jumped up, kicked his chair and went back inside the Lee Mansion, leaving Hae alone with the sighing Grandfather.

 

“He’s always been hard to manage. I didn’t want it to come to this, Donghae. But I’ve made a promise, and I don’t break promises.”

 

Donghae’s eyes turned guilty. “If your promise is to my Grandpa –“

 

“No, no, m’boy. I’ve made a promise to Hyuk’s late mom. I plan to keep that promise no matter what happens.”

 

Donghae could say no more.

 

 

Hae trudged to his room with droopy shoulders. His big hopes and dreams had come crashing down in less than a day. It was even too late to just leave now, he didn’t have the heart.

 

Absentmindedly, Hae opened the door to his designated bedroom and walked in. Only when he heard a low growl did his eyes look up.

 

“Get the out before I lose my temper.”

 

Hae gulped as he saw a furious Eunhyuk sitting on his bed.

 

“T-This is the bedroom I was assigned.”

 

A snort left the younger’s mouth. With eyes ablaze, he walked over to Hae. One hand plunged out to slam the door shut, another one pinning Hae to the same door.

 

“I knew that when I met you this morning, you’d cause some sort of trouble.” The high-schooler’s voice was so low and husky that Hae almost thought he was drunk.

 

“Listen to me –“

 

“No, you ing listen to me. I am Lee Eunhyuk, the rightful heir to this business and the rightful heir to this home. And no one is going to ing mess with that, you hear me?”

 

Donghae couldn’t answer before being tossed away from the door. Falling onto the cold floor, he saw the younger leave the room with cold eyes.

 

 

“Sir Donghae, we’ve got your college records and part time job information and it tells us that unless you want to miss your shift of 8:00 a.m., you should awake right now.”

 

Donghae’s eyes fluttered open, a pout on his lips. “How did you get all of that?”

 

The butler, a short baby-faced boy named Ryeowook, just smiled.

 

 

Hae was munching down the toast that the kind Ryeowook had prepared when his phone beeped. His smile faltered as he read the message. It was Eunhyuk.

 

Don’t go anywhere today. I’ll be at home in a few hours. We need to talk about something important.

 

Donghae rolled his eyes. He sacrificed his income for no one, especially not Lee ing Eunhyuk. 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eunhyuk's poor birthday :( 

Comment, and I'll give you a double update today :)