cliche contract marriages

Married To A Brat

Donghae giggled when he heard Eunhyuk's engine roar into the driveway. "Idiot, running back home because of an xbox." Not a moment after Hae had said this, the front door opened, revealing a panicked Lee Hyukjae. 

"Lee Dong -" Hyuk's words caught in his throat when his eyes met with the subject of his concern, sitting on the huge staircase, smirking at him. His eyes darted left and right, looking for fumes. Nothing. Eunhyuk's worried eyes flung into Hae's when the situation finally dawned on him. 

"Where's the fire, Lee Donghae?" He hissed, taking large steps toward the elder. 

Hae didn't flinch. Instead he hoisted himself up, walking towards the elder with his chin held extra high for effect. "It's coming soon," Hae said. "In your eyes." 

Hyuk was so close now. A millimeter away. His hot breath ghosted over Hae's face, his piercing eyes boring into Hae's own. 

"You think this is real funny, don't you?" Eunhyuk spoke, his voice a little shaky. 

Hae nodded smugly. "I think it is quite funny. It proves my point from before. Only a child would come running back for a game console after storming away in the middle of an argument. Any adult would know better. But of course, you're no adult." 

Eunhyuk didn't respond for a while. He just stared into Hae's mocking eyes, his own eyes shimmering with hurt. Hae took in a breath, feeling a little guilty after seeing the look on his fiance's face. 

"Why are you even agreeing to marry me?" Hyuk finally asked. His voice included disbelief, anger. There was hurt in there too, it was just masked. "If I'm such a ing little kid then why are you marrying me, Lee Donghae?" 

Donghae didn't necessarily reply fast. He himself didn't know the answer. Over the course of a few weeks, he'd forgotten all about the real reason he'd agreed to this marriage. And now that he thought back to it, he wondered if that reason was still ... real. 

"I'm doing it for the money. Obviously. You may be a spoiled little kid but there's no denying that you're a rich spoiled little kid." Looking into the look of utter heartbreak in Hyuk's eyes, Hae let out a scoff. "Don't look so ing torn. You're marrying me for the same reason. If we don't get married, you lose your inheiritance, Lee Eunhyuk. Stop forgetting the real reason we both agreed to this marriage and open your eyes." 

Hyuk swallowed hard. His heart felt like it would crack in two. But he wasn't going to expose that to his heartlesss fiance. Hell no. 

"You're right, Lee Donghae. I think we got a little carried away." Eunhyuk's fist clenched. "It's my own fault. I got too attached. From now onwards, I'll be more cautious with my actions. I'll make sure to keep the real reason we're getting married in mind." 

Donghae looked away from the intense look in his fiance's eyes. "Very well then." 

 

Donghae's fingers shook as he took the papers in his eyes, skimming the text. Eunhyuk slid over a pen, eyes ice cold. 

"The contract states that we will be married for roughly a year, maybe eleven months. In those eleven months of marriage, you will not expose the truth of this contract to anyone. If you do, I owe you not a single cent the day of our divorce. Now, as long as you don't leak this contract, you'll be given a sixth of my entire inheiritance -" 

Donghae held up a hand. "I don't need that much. It's not mine to take. I only need roughly $100,000." 

"It's not my concern if you need it or not. It's what's written in the contract. You can donate the rest for all I care." 

Hae scowled at the careless words. Nevertheless, he took the pen into his hand. "I have one condition before I sign." 

"What is it?" 

"We will not be sleeping the same bedroom after marriage, nor will we mind each other's business. I will come home whenever I want, as can you." Hae said, looking into Eunhyuk's eyes for confirmation. 

The younger's fist clenched under the table. Am I that revolting to you? "That's fine by me." 

Hae nodded, not breaking the eye contact. I can't let you become attached to me any further Hyukjae. I'm not worth it, trust me. 

 

Around midnight, that's when Donghae heard ruckus downstairs. Pulling on a fluffy robe and slippers, he scampered out to exmaine the scene. Unintentionally, his feet dragged to Eunhyuk's room, where he saw his snoring fiance, tucked in and off to dreamland. He let out a sigh, feeling a pang in his heart as he remembered his cold icy eyes earlier. 

"Had a fight?" 

Hae jumped two feet in his skin, a silent scream leaving his mouth. He turned around, face pale from shock. "G-Grandfather! When did you come back?" 

Grandfather Lee grinned, his impressively white teeth glowing in the darkness. "A couple minutes ago. Leeteuk and the gang are home as well." 

Hae nodded, smiling. "It's good that you're back home. What you went to do, did it go well?" 

"It went great, actually." Grandfather Lee said. Was that a smirk Hae saw on his face. 

Hae laughed nervously, rubbing his nape. "W-Well, I'm off to bed then. Goodnight Grandfather." As he turned to leave, he could've sworn he heard the elderly man mumble something about his and Hyuk's marriage date being set. 

 

Grandfather Lee grunted as his stubby fingers tried typing a text. When he'd finally finished typing, he sent it with a devious grin. 

To: Lee 2

The cat has sniffed the tuna. 

Lee over and out. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know if I'm satisfied with how I conveyed Donghae's emotions in this chapter. Huh. What do you guys think? Do you feel his inner battle of pushing Hyuk away from himself because he feels he's cheating him? Comment your thoughts.