the countdown

Married To A Brat

Forty-Eight Hours Before the Wedding 

"Two days," Hae paced back and forth the massive room he'd called his own in less than fifty hours. "I've two ing days until I'm a married man." 

Eunhyuk in contrast, was flopped down on the velvet bed, yawning now and then as his fiance made a ruckus. He'd glance occasionally, see the deep frown on his fiance's face and sigh before lying back down. Finally, when Donghae was going on and on about how he had barely anyone he knew going to the marriage and how he'd rather just quietly do it at a marriage registrate, Eunhyuk scrambled to sit up, bringing a finger to his lips. 

"Lee Donghae, I know you're equalivalent to a freaking girl and I know you've got wedding anxiety and all that but please, shut the  up." Hyuk's voice cracked, his hair a tousled mess as he'd spent the last hour and half running his hands in it, ighting his ending patience. 

Donghae was almost startled, having forgotten Hyuk was even in the room. He bit his lip when he saw the desperate look in his fiance's eyes, sighing. "S-Sorry. I got a little carried away, I think." 

Hyuk's right eye twitched. "A little? You've been ranting for almost two fricking hours, going round and round in circles. I mean what're you even nervous about? This marriage doesn't even mean anything, it's a business affair." 

The words had left Eunhyuk's mouth before he could think. As soon as they had, he felt himself regretting them, wishing he could take 'em back. Donghae's eyes flashed with hurt, only briefly, for just a moment. But Hyuk caught sight, and once he had he couldn't forget it even as Hae chuckled (a fake chuckle, Hyuk's mind concluded), and said, yeah I guess you're right I shouldn't even be nervous. 

"Hae I'm sorry, I didn't mean -" 

Hae shook his head, a firm kind of look in his eyes. "No Eunhyuk, you're right. I signed the contract and you're just repeating words that I've said before. This marriage doesn't mean a thing, that's the fact. I don't know why I'm being a fool and worrying so much about this fake marriage." 

Eunhyuk felt like a jerk. He began to apologize again but Hae turned his back to him, mumbling about he was going to go for a walk outside and get his head together. His hand fell limply to his side as the door shut close. 

"." 

 

Hae huddled closer into his scarf. The weather had gone chilly, the wind harsher. But he ing loved it, this time of year.

Autumn was his favorite season after all. He loved the way the leaves changed colors. He loved the smell of icy winds and the feel of cool mornings in contrast to burning summer ones. He loved the pumpkins growing and the way he could dress in multiple layers and not sweat a bead. 

Hae loved fall. Usually. 

Today though, the cold winds and the sound of crunching leaves didn't feel right. Everything felt out of place and unbelonging. He felt out of place in the crowds of smiling mothers and their kids, of couples holding hands, of cheery high-schoolers eating street food. He felt alone and alien to all the happiness going around the bustling side of Seoul. 

The wind blew a little harder, blowing Hae's beanie right off his head. This caused the college-student to snap out of his thoughts, a cry leaving his mouth as he chased after his hat. It was as if the winds were playing pranks on him as he kept on chasing the beanie and it kept flying away. Finally, after a couple moments of feeling like an idiot, Hae saw the beanie plop to the ground about thirty feet ahead of him, onto a bench. He sighed and ran over to reclaim it. 

Hae's hand had grabbed the wool fabric when a warm hand fell on top of his own. He gasped a little, pulling back and meeting eyes with a familar set of brown pupils. 

"Yunho-ssi." 

Said man grinned, gently pulling Hae down to sit on the bench beside him. Hae didn't even get to complain as the elder took the beanie and pushed it over Hae's head, coverning his cold ears. 

"We really must belong together," Yunho quipped as he pulled away his hands. 

Hae snorted, pushing his hands between his thighs to warm them a little. "You're stalking me aren't you?" 

A chuckle left Yunho's mouth. "If I said yes would you let me continue stalking you?" 

"No. I'd call the cops, actually." Hae replied though there was no real bile in his words. He'd grown too friendly with the elder man to distrust him. 

Yunho bit his lip, a devious smirk lacing his lips. "You like a man in handcuffs, don't you?" 

Hae released a cry akin to a whale before bursting into hysterical laughter. It wasn't long before Yunho joined him, both sprawled like madmen on the bench. In the process of laughing uncontrollably, Hae hadn't noticed his arms tangling into Yunho's or how he'd moved physically closer to the man on the bench. 

"Lee Donghae I didn't know a 'walk to get your head together' meant going out on an outdoors date." A familar voice laced in tenth-degree icy coldness cut Hae's laughter to a halt altogether. Yunho wiped the tears out of his eyes, looking up slowly. 

Donghae knew he had nothing to be guilty about. But that didn't change his swift movement in removing his hands from Yunho and hoisting himself up from the bench. He took in the emotionless look in his fiance's eyes contradicting the clenched fist and biting of his bottom lip and gulped.

Yunho took a moment before he got to his feet as well. Eunhyuk's eyes immedately pierced into his own, surprising him as they were suddenly ablaze. 

"And who would you be?" Hyuk asked, not a pinch of politeness in it despite the obvious . 

Yunho smiled, almost mocking the younger. "I'm Jung Yunho. I'm an engineer but currently teaching courses at Hae's college. Also -" Hae hand suddenly came out to squeeze Yunho's forearm, in fear that he'd say something stupidly confessing next. Although it stopped the eldest from talking, the sight just made Hyuk even more irritated. 

"And you are," Yunho asked instead. 

Hyuk didn't take even one moment to reply. "I'm Donghae's future-husband, and in future I mean less than forty-eight hours." Ignoring the sudden change in expression on Yunho's face, Eunhyuk grabbed Hae by the wrist and pulled him away, to the red ferrari parked a couple yards away. Hae struggled but the grip on his wrist was iron-like, getting tighter with every his every resistance. 

As the car sped away from Incheon Park, Hae couldn't help but look back towards the bench where he sat a couple minutes ago. Yunho was nowhere to be found there, having almost disappeared completely. Hae sighed and turned his head towards his fuming fiance as he broke every driving rule known to Korean law. 

"You're ing childish." 

Hyuk ignored the elder, continuing to drive furiously. 

"Do you get a kick out of making other people's lives miserable? Yunho was nothing but polite to you and what do you do? Act like a jerk to him and ruin -" 

"Ruin what? Your ing date?" Hyuk hissed, turning the car abruptly. He almost crashed into the side of the path, pulling into a very illegal parking spot. 

Hae swallowed, trying to contain himself. "Lee Eunhyuk." 

Hyuk's fist collided into the steering wheel. So hard that Hae jumped a couple inches into his skin. As Hyuk calmed down, Hae's eyes were glued to the first red then slowly turning black and blue palm that Hyuk was now gingerly moving. 

"Get out of the car." Hae said, a new authority present in his voice. 

Hyuk's face was ridiculed. When he opened his mouth to argue, Hae was already out of the car himself. Hyuk sighed, mumbled that Hae was going to get them both sick today, and exited his red car. Not a moment after he was out, he felt a semi-hard punch hit him in the gut. Despite the hit being not thrown at him in full strenth, the unsuspected action knocked the air out of the high-schooler as he bent over coughing. 

"That's for behaving like a jealous nine-year old and also for injuring your hand. I'm not happy that I'm going to have to put a ring on a bruised hand." Hae muttered, massaging his own hand that was in dull pain. 

Eunhyuk took a couple moments to recover before he came up, watery eyes and a pained expression. Hae almost felt bad. He reached over and took the younger's good hand, pulling him to the passenger seat. He opened the door before motioning his head inwards. 

"Get in." 

Eunhyuk's eyes were glued to his, saying things words couldn't. Hae couldn't take the stupid pain in them anymore. 

"I met Yunho coincidentally. He said something stupid and we got carried away laughing. We haven't even known each other for more than a month and I don't even know which region he lives in," Hae cried, unintenionally squeezing Hyuk's large hand in his own. "So you can stop acting like I've done you injustice because I sure as hell wasn't on a date." 

Hyuk lips pouted a little, his eyes becoming less intense than they were a few moments ago. "Are you sure you don't like the way that bastard styles his hair or how he's like thirty?" 

Hae rolled his eyes, shoving the younger into car. "First of all, I doubt the guy's older than twenty-nine and second, I have no non-platonic feelings for Jung Yunho. Now quit acting like I cheated on you." Hae cried, slamming the door shut. 

When he got inside the driver's seat, adjusting the seat to his short legs, he saw how the younger was looking out his window. His shoulders looked less tense from before. Hae smiled and, before he could stop himself, his hand came out to squeeze Hyuk's own. 

Eunhyuk looked towards his fiance, a gentle smile curving his lips as he squeezed back. 

 

Fiteen Hours Before the Wedding 

Donghae had been in the shower for more than an hour. Eunhyuk tried to be as patient as he could as he waited for the elder to exit from his night-time shower. Finally, when the clock declared an hour and half since his fiance had been in the shower, his patience snapped. 

"Lee Donghae when exactly do you plan on coming out?" Hyuk bellowed, knocking loudly on the bathroom floor. 

The sound of the water decreasing slightly could be heard. "I'll get out when I want to, you brat! A man can't even shower in peace?" 

Hyuk cussed loudly, kicking the bathroom floor and flopping back onto his bed. Ryeowook came running up the stairs, having heard a commotion. 

"Is there any problem, Eunhyuk Sir?" 

Hyuk sighed, motioning his head towards the door. In a hushed voice he replied, "Your Donghae Sir is taking a ing two hour shower. Could you ask him to, please, get out before I remove the door?" Though said with a sweet voice, the venom was evident. 

Ryeowook gulped and furiously nodded. With ginger steps, he walked over to te bathroom door. Just when he was about to knock, bringing is hand up, the bathroom door flung open, revealing a damp-haired Donghae dressed in nothing but a towel. Ryeowook gasped, too shocked to avoid his eyes. Eunhyuk on the other hand reacted faster than a fireman, taking Ryeowook by the shoulder and exiting - more like kicking - him out faster than a bullet train. 

Donghae though, seemed unaffected as he walked over to the left-walk-in-closer (the right-walk-in-closet was Eunhyuk's as they'd split the room completely in half the day before). Bothered to the max as he eyed his back facing fiance with a low-hanging towel covering his delicious behind, Eunhyuk plopped down on the floor to do some push-ups to blow off steam. 

When the high-schooler was on his thirty-second push up, Hae came out of the closet in an oversize shirt and his boxers. Eunhyuk fell flat on his face when he saw the younger's exposed shoulders in his basketball jersey. Hae heard the sound and looked up, frowning to see Hyuk eating the carpet. 

"Aren't you sleeping?" 

Hyuk took in a deep breath and got up. He inched towards the door. "Urr, I think I'll sleep in my old room tonight, Hae." 

Donghae caught his wrist, frowning harder. "Why? I put up the pillows like we discussed last night. There shouldn't be a problem." 

There is a problem if I want to move aside the pillows and hold you instead, Lee Donghae. Hyuk smiled thinly. "Yeah but -" 

Hae cut him off, holding up a hand. "We get married tomorrow morning, Lee Hyukjae. I know this isn't a real love marriage but if we're going to fool our grandparents for the next eleven months, we're going to have to start acting like we love each other. Grandpa Lee nor my grandpa are idiots. They're going to know right away if we do a haphazard job at being in love." 

Hyuk just wanted to scream that he didn't have to work hard at pretending anyways when he was already in love with the idiot. He didn't though. Instead he nodded and climbed into bed. A couple minutes passed and the bed dipped, a sign that Hae was sleeping as well. The fort of pillows made it impossible for the couple to see each other. So, Eunhyuk faced the pillows and pretended that it was Hae instead. With eyes closed and a soft smile on his lips, the younger muttered, "Good night Hae." 

Unbeknownst to him, Hae whispered back, "Night Hyuk." 

And tis is how the two spent the night before their wedding. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'd appreciate it greatly if each and every one of my readers would take the time and read my latest blog post. It's meant specially for you guys. I wanted to show how much I love you guys and how much AFF has affected my life positively. Please go check it out guys. 

Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view_comments/959865