coincidences

Married To A Brat

Donghae felt dazed throughout the day. Although the college student would never admit it, he knew very well what caused this - or who, to be precise. 

"Donghae you're spilling all over your shirt." 

Hae jumped, quickly turning off the frozen yougurt machine. He groaned as he eyed the big stain decorating his work uniform. "I'm an idiot." 

"That, you are." The man replied, amusment evident in his voice.

Hae glared lightly. "Thanks Chul. You're so helpful." 

The manager chuckled and patted his employee on the back. "Sorry Hae, there's a group of obnoxious high schooler who're getting on my last nerve out there. Do you mind taking over? I'll take over the counter?" 

Hae was hesitant. He had bad experiences controlling himself in front of bratty kids. Heechul pouted, showcasing his big eyes. 

"Aish, fine." 

 

 

"Here is your menu, guys. Call me back when you need to order." 

As Hae exmained the crowd, he noticed that there was about seven of them. Three guys, four girls. The guys were all handsome and tall, the girls skinny and pretty. Popular bunch, huh, Hae thought bitterly. Before he could continue to judge them, the bell to the shop rang, indicating a customer. 

"Welcome -" Hae did a double take. It couldn't be - 

"Donghae?" The customer spluttered, stumbling back a little. The table of teenagers began to murmer. 

Hae did what was expected of a professional. Grabbing a menu, he walked over to his pale fiance. 

"Call me when you're ready to order." The elder said, placing a menu in Hyuk's hand before turning back and walking into the kitchen. 

Hyuk stood there, watching as Hae disappeared into back. Dazed, he walked over to his table of friends. 

"You know the waiter?" Eunhyuk's friend, Cho Kyuhyun, asked, confused. The girls - and Minho, who knew about Donghae being Hyuk's fiance - kept quiet on the sie, waiting for the kingka to answer. 

"U-Uh, yeah." The eldest stammered. "H-He's my ... grandpa's friend's grandson!" It wasn't a complete lie, Eunhyuk told himself. 

 

 

"Two chocolate deluxes," Minho said, ordering for himself and his date, Sooyoung. Kyuhyun was next to order a banana split for him and Seohyun to share. He argued that it was more romantic but the crew knew it was because he was a miser. Last, it was Hyuk's turn to order. 

"Um, Hyoyeon what would you like?" Hyuk asked his own date. He couldn't meet Hae's burning gaze, the guilt eating him alive. 

The pretty girl puffed her cheeks as she stared at the menu. Pouting, she turned to Donghae. 

"Can you please just get me your special for today, pweese?" 

Hae didn't answer at first, too busy burning holes in his fiance's head to reply. Finally collecting himself, he nodded and grabbed the menus. When he turned to leave, a hand on his wrist stoped him.

"You didn't take my order." It was Eunhyuk, finally looking up into Hae's eyes. The elder gulped when he saw emotions of apology and sincerity glaze his almond eyes. 

"What would you like?" 

Eunhyuk's eyes practically screamed, 'you'. "Triple Strawberry Starburst." 

Hae nodded but the hand on his wrist didn't loosen. Minho ribbed his best friend, muttering a low 'Eunhyuk' before Hae was finally released. Bowing awkwardly to the teenage girl who was staring him down - Pyoyeon, was it? - the employee shuffled back into the kitchen to make the treats. 

"What?" Eunhyuk asked, annoyed that his friends were staring at him disapprovingly, his date pouting. When Eunhyuk paid no attention to her cutesy ways, she linked her arm in his. Eunhyuk tensed, his eyes flying towards the employee's ward, praying Hae didn't see. 

"Oppa, how come you're so unaffectionate today? Am I not pretty today, Oppa?" 

The boy forced an assuring smile, his eyes still glued to the back. "O-Of course not, Hyo. You're always pretty." 

The girl started to giggle. As she said some more things that Eunhyuk ignored, he caught sight of Donghae coming back. Immediately pulling back his hand, he pretended to sneeze. 

"Here's your frozen yogurt treets. Would you like anything else?" 

Kyuhyun smirked. "How about your number, maybe? I hear you're Eunhyuk's good friend. I want to be one of your good friend's." 

Hae was left gawking as the teenager shamelessly hit on him - with his date right beside him too. Eunhyuk on the other hand raised a brow, clenching his fist when he saw Hae's ears turning pink. He coughed. 

"Kyuhyun, please." It may have sounded like a causal thing to say but the threat in it was obvious. Looking away, Kyuhyun chose to focus suddenly on his banana split. 

Donghae just his heel and stomped back into the kitchen, vowing to one day quit this troublesome job. 

 

The sky had gone dark and Donghae had grown horribly tired and irritated at any customer that came. The bunch of teenagers had left a couple hours ago and yet one of them still haunted Donghae's mind. Thinking back to the girl beside him, Hae now realized that it must've been his girlfriend, the one he'd told the college student about days ago. How could it have slipped Donghae's mind when he was shoving his own tongue down the high schooler's mouth! As Hae mentally chided himself, Heechul looked on with amusment. 

"Do you always have conversations with yourself or is this new? Please tell me I don't have to pay for employee medical bills." 

Hae snorted, gathering his things. "Heechul, if I didn't love you I'd very much hate you." 

The manager cackled. "Good night Hae. Walk home safely." 

Hae nodded, closing the door behind himself. Just as he was turning the corner, out of the small alleyway where the yogurt shop was located, he was pulled into the opening, his back meeting hard on the brick wall. He winced. 

"Sorry, are you hurt?" 

Hae's eyes flung open in surprise at the familar voice. "Eunhyuk." 

The younger scratched his nape. "I stayed behind. I had to shop around here, I mean. I didn't stay for you if that's what you're thinking." 

Donghae scoffed. "Don't worry, I'm not an idiot to think that." Looking down, he noticed the younger's grasp on his waist. He started to wiggle out. "Now let go of me." 

Eunhyuk frowned, noticing the little things. He had always been observant. The elder felt too tense in his hold, unlike all the other times. His voice was also too defensive, too alert. Most of all, the elder was avoiding his gaze. Not once looking him in the eye. 

Eunhyuk's grip tightened. "Are you mad?" 

Donghae hollowed his cheeks. "No. I've nothing to be upset about." 

The teen didn't buy it. Grabbing Hae's chin and forcing him to look up at him, Hyuk pushed him back more against the wall. "Donghae, I didn't know you worked here. We all just came by to get a snack and -" 

"You don't have to explain yourself, Lee Eunhyuk." Donghae said abruptly, pushing a hand at the taller's chest. Hyuk stumbled back but didn't remove his hand from his fiance's waist. 

", can you at least listen to me?" Eunhyuk hissed, his face a mere centimeter away from Hae's. "I'm trying to say that I'm sorry, okay. I shouldn't bother you at work as well since I bother you at home already. Also, that girl that was with me today - I don't want you thinking we're like ing or anything. I mean, I barely know her. I swear to god I haven't touched her once. You can ask her -" 

Donghae shushed the younger by pushing a finger onto his lips. Eunhyuk immediately halted, face a little smushed. 

"Lee Eunhyuk, shut up already." 

"I juss wannetd you to know thwat shwe isn't my girlfweind" 

Hae rolled his eyes, removing his finger. "By the way she was all over you, I'd beg to differ. Your real girlfriend would be pretty angry." 

Hyuk bit his lips, eyes looking guilty. "Well, you see... about that girlfriend -" 

"I don't care about your personal life, Lee Eunhyuk," Hae said, pushing the younger away from him. "Can you just drive me home, please? I'm starving." 

Eunhyuk nodded, pushing his confession back for another time. He pulled out his car keys. The truth could wait another day... or maybe few. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Loving all the comments, you guys. <3 (disclaimer: I love snsd, no hate of course keke)