harsh words that hold much truth

Married To A Brat

Eunhyuk paced the house in annoyance, waiting for his idiot of a betrothed to get home. Betrothed. He hated that word. 

"Why'd you let him leave? I told you to not let him leave!" Eunhyuk grumbled to the cowering Ryeowook. The poor butler repeatedly bowed in apology. 

"I didn't want him to get fired, Sir Eunhyuk. His part time jobs are very important to Hae Sir." 

The high schooler rolled his eyes, getting angrier by the second. "I don't give a what's important to him or what's not. Nothing's more important than me." 

Ryeowook bowed once again. "Of course, Sir." 

 

Donghae sighed for the upteenth time, resoluting to just turning his cell phone off. 

The whole day had consisted of messages and calls from Eunhyuk, all angry and demanding that he come to the Lee Mansion this instance. Of course, being the that Donghae was, he had refused. Now, seated in his Architecture class that he worked his off to even attend, Eunhyuk still wouldn't leave him alone. 

Tossing his off cell phone into his satchel, Donghae smiled. He could peacefully concentrate again. 

 

"Eunhyuk, Mr. Lee Senior won't be coming home tonight." Leeteuk informed, examining his finger nails as his younger client was seething in his bedroom. 

"Do you think I care whether or not he comes home?" 

Leeteuk rolled his eyes. "Eunhyuk whether you admit it or not, we both know you'd have your in a knot if your Grandfather didn't come home one night and you had no clue where he was." 

Eunhyuk tsked but didn't argue. Everyone knew that despite their arguments, Eunhyuk's only beloved family member was his Grandpa. 

"And plus, we both know that you're a little happy to hear that news." 

Eunhyuk frowned. "And why would you think that?" 

"Well judging by your tantrum on why your betrothed isn't home, you've got plans tonight, haven't you." 

With an obnoxious wink, Leeteuk filed out of the room. Eunhyuk cussed for the millionth time that day. 

 

"Lee, it's been a while." 

Eunhyuk's grandpa chuckled, sipping his ginger chai. "I could say the same about you, Lee." 

 

Donghae arrived at Lee Mansion nearing 8 o clock. 

"Sir Donghae, it's a relief that you've arrived back soon." Ryeowook said, looking panicked and bothered. 

Hae frowned, removing his shoes. He slipped into the pink slippers that had been oh so kindly prepared for him. "Is something wrong, Wook?" He'd grown so fond of the butler that he'd even given him a nickname unknowingly. If the butler minded it, he didn't say. 

"It's Sir Eunhyuk." Wook sighed. "You should go on up to your room quickly Sir Donghae. He might just explode." 

Rolling his eyes, Hae patted the butler's back. "Alright." 

 

"I fricking told you to not go anywhere today." 

Donghae hadn't even entered his room when Eunhyuk's venomous voice spoke. Biting his lip, he looked into the younger's eyes sternly. 

"Lee Eunhyuk I have work and college to attend. I can't sit at home and wait for you like a housewife." 

Eunhyuk's annoyed eyes went ablaze. "Don't ing call yourself my wife! I'm not marrying you!" 

Donghae could only scoff. "It was a metaphor. Don't get your in a knot." 

It was the second time the high-schooler had heard that saying and it was enough to tick him off to the max. Jumping off the bed, he walked towards Hae like a lion walks to prey. Moments later, Hae could feel his hot breath on his nose. Inwardly he cussed - the younger was taller than him by a good five inches. 

"I don't know why you think you're so big. You're just a begger that my grandpa picked off the street. Don't think your special or actually my birth-betrothed or anything, Lee Donghae. You're nothing but a poor loser who's itching to get some money from this marriage." 

Donghae swallowed the thick lump in his throat. It didn't hurt him what Eunhyuk thought. It hurt him because it was true. Letting out a harsh breath, he looked away, forcing a scoff from his lips. 

"Everything you've said, even if it's true, what're you gonna do about it? Do you have the power to let go of all the money? Do you have the power to kick away all your wealth just to get away from this marriage?" Eunhyuk didn't reply for a few minutes. Donghae smirked. "I didn't think so." 

The two stood quietly in the room for a few minutes, tension thick in the air. 

Eunhyuk was the first to break away, leaving the room without another word. Donghae let out a sigh of exhaustion. He wasn't able to mourn for long as Head Butler Leeteuk's voice was screaming from downstairs the next moment. 

"Eunhyuk, Sir Donghae, come down for dinner! I've made each of your favorites!" 

 

"How did you know I like eel's tail?" Donghae asked, beaming as Leeteuk served him his plate. 

The butler grinned. "I've told you. I'm good at researching what pleases my sirs." 

Eunhyuk scoffed. "Then how come you still don't know how to please me? Where's my favorite food?" 

A smack sounded through the air and Eunhyuk rubbed his sore head. Donghae gawked. 

"That's only because you're impatient and grumpy and almost impossible to please," Leeteuk huffed, leaving the dining room to get something he seemed to have forgotten. 

Once the two were alone, Eunhyuk let out a sigh. 

"About earlier -" 

This is it. The jerk's gonna apologize -

" - what you said is right -" 

Haha. I knew it. Who could resist my sass? You still got it Lee ing Donghaee. 

" - my inheiritance is much more important, even if means marrying the likes of you. So, I've got an idea." 

Donghae's grin slowly faded before his lips formed into a thin line. Scowling, he just nodded for the younger to continue.

"Well -" 

"I've made strawberry cake for your whiny as well, Sir Eunhyuk." Leeteuk hollered, running into the room with a two plates of delicious pink cake. 

Hae's eyebrows slightly raised in amusment as the cake was served. The look of extreme satisfaction in Eunhyuk's eyes had him silently smirking. 

At least he's not all that much different from an ordinary high schooler. 

 

Donghae was sitting inside his bedroom, studying the notes he'd taken for the day. Just when he was starting to grasp his materials, the door flung open, revealing none other than Lee Eunhyuk, aka his devil of a betrothed. 

"Let's make a contract."