028

Moonlight

 

The next few days are rough, neither the boys or Yue were talking to each other. Honestly, the moment she returned home from their fight all of them wanted to apologize and get an explanation from the girl. However she had other plans, as she locked herself in her room. In the mornings before school she was always gone before them, and the atmosphere was significantly much more darker without Yue. Even at school, the only thing they could do was watch from afar as all the students had duties in preparation for the showcase in a few days. The boys were all depressed, but there was nothing they could do- they had upset Yue and they understood. At the same time, she still lied to them and they were unsure of what was going on. So here they were, sitting in the school’s auditorium all bored to death while they watched all the students perform. A few singers, some bands and a handful of choir performances they were practically falling asleep. Most of them were still grumpy and upset, and sitting through a boring school show was not what they needed now.

 

“Can we just go? We’ve watched like most of it. Hyung please- I’m dying here,” Sehun whined, leaning over on his alpha. Suho in return rolling his eyes but nodding in defeat, as he was quite bored too. All the wolves got up, making their way towards the exit when they all stopped suddenly at what the announcer said.

 

“Up next, Yue Sun Ho,”

 

All the boys turned to look at each other, frozen in shock and wondering if they heard right. The sound of heels could be heard as a girl walked onto the stage and they all turned to the stage with wide eyes. Low and behold was Yue, standing in the middle of the stage. She had on a short but still classy black dress, her short hair framing her face cutely and they could see a light layer of makeup on her face, cute pink lips pursed as she nodded her head. The boys immediately took their seats again, eyes never leaving the stage as their ears were suddenly filled with the music.

 

Wise men say, only fools rush in

But I can’t help falling in love with you

 

Yue looked up at them directly, tears already swimming in her eyes as they could feel their hearts pounding in their chests. Was she...singing it to them?

 

Oh, shall I stay, would it be a sin

Oh, If I can’t help, falling in love with you?

Like a river flows, surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too

Oh, for I can’t help falling in love with you

 

By this point Yue’s tears easily flowed down her face but she kept singing in a calm voice, never looking away from her wolves. They all watched her, captivated by the song, knowing what she was saying as some of them also shed tears along with their mate. They would listen to what she would have to say after the show. The song finished, the whole auditorium silent as tears fell down her face, she bowed- leaving the stage and leaving exo with their own tears stuck in their eyes.

 

************

 

The wolves stood before Yue in the school halls, silent and empty as they stared at the girl who looked at the floor. Her tears threatening to resurface, nose red and stuffed from crying earlier. They stayed quiet, waiting for the girl to speak up first, but their resolve was failing at their poor mate in tears in front of them.

 

“I love you,” was the first thing that came from as she finally lifted her head to look at them. “I’m so sorry- what Infinite said is technically true. For my birthday Myungsoo had given me a journal, which….turned out to be my mothers journal. In it...I learned that my parents were indeed chasers. On valentine’s day, I went over to their house just to talk to Myungsoo. He confirmed everything, also saying that my parents were planning to get the two of us together. I thanked him for telling me the truth, but right then and there I swore to myself. That even if my parents were chasers- I would never become one. I was...I was too in love with my wolves that I could never do that to them. I swear, I swear! I was going to tell you but things just kept happening and I couldn’t find the right moment to tell you...until it was too late. I was so scared- I still am scared that you’ll leave me. I love you- I love you guys so much, that I don’t know what I’d do if you leave me,” Yue barely breathed during her rant, gasping and panting while she kept repeating that she loved them  over and over. She was cut off by the boys surrounding her, every boy wrapping their arms around their crying mate, a few of them crying as well.

 

“Yue- it’s fine. Shh take a deep breath. We’re here. We’re not leaving you. Not now, not ever,” Suho whispered into their embrace, Yue was able to hear it somehow over the younger wolves whimpering. Chen had begun to wipe away her tears as the maknae line were pressing kisses to her cheeks. She still couldn’t stop crying, but they soon became tears of thankfulness that her boys were so understanding. They all laughed at their mates cuteness, soon moving to let the poor girl breathe.

 

“Come on, let’s go home,”