018

Moonlight

It was saturday afternoon and Yue was busy dragging a whining Kai around the supermarket. Earlier today the boys had bombarded Yue with an extensive grocery list and sent her out with the mopey boy. She had her suspicions about the boys who were being uncharacteristically secretive, whispering when they didn’t think she was around. She let it slide however, knowing that whatever they were doing was within reason, she hoped. So here she was, running around the store to grab what they had on the list while trying to cheer up Kai.

“How could they forget my birthday! We’re brothers!” He whined while holding Yue’s hand, resting his head on her shoulder as she tried to make a decision between two different soup bases.

“I’m sure they’re just busy and tired Kai, no one would forget about you,”

“Yue, do you love us?” The boy suddenly asked, throwing Yue off. She blinked, looking over towards him who had a serious face on. She blushed furiously, going back to look at the soups.

“....Yes- I love you guys so much,” She admits, her cheeks reddening from just saying it out loud. Kai on the other hand was extremely satisfied, if he wasn’t in public he might of howled.

“I can’t wait to bond with you,” He said excitedly, squeezing her hand. She giggled, pushing him playfully.

“Oh you- come on, let’s go,”

 

**********

 

She stood at the door, fumbling with the keys as Kai stood impatiently beside her with grocery bags in his arms. Muffled yells could be heard from outside the door and Yue couldn’t help but let out a snort. They were so bad at keeping secrets, but Kai was pretty dense so he wouldn’t figure it out as he continued to pout. She quickly opened the door, pushing the confused boy through and into the dark.

“Why is it so dark in here?” He asked, still oblivious to what was happening. Suddenly, the lights flickered on and the boys jumped up from their spots.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONGIN AND YUE!” They screamed, scaring the living daylights out of Kai who in return dropped the groceries from the bad. He however didn’t care as he had stupid smile on his face.

“You guys remembered!” He said, hugging his hyungs as Yue stood wide mouthed.


“Wait- this is for me too?” She asked. She had only thought they were throwing a party for Kai, not for her. Melting slightly as she smiled shyly, pulling the closest boy into a hug. Chen was shocked but didn’t hesitate to wrap his arms around his mate.

“Thank you- Thank you so much,” She whispered into his shoulders as the boy nuzzled against her.

“Of course. Anything for you,”

“Hey why are you taking all the credit!”

“Yeah! We all helped! Where’s my hug!”

The rest went into a rampage as they attempted to remove Chen away from Yue. She simply chuckled, rolling her eyes as she moved onto the next boy and squeezing him into a tight hug. This repeated twelve times until the boys were satisfied.

“Can we eat now?” Xiumin asked, eyeing the food that the boys specifically had prevented him from eating. She gigged, nodding her head as she took her seat to her fellow birthday buddy. The boys didn’t wait another second before digging into the fest Kyungsoo had worked hard on making. Yue stared wide eyed at the boys who were acting like they had never ate in their entire lives. They were so fixated on the food they didn’t realize the doorbell had rung. She rolled her eyes, silently slipping away to answer the door. She opened the door to be greeted by a handful of adults, holding presents.

“Oh! You must be Yue!” One of the ladies responded, entering the house to get a closer look.

“Wow! Celeste mentioned you were cute but she didn’t say that you were this beautiful!” Another cooed. Yue at this point was wide eyed, unsure how to take these compliments from these women. Who even were these women? The men were just looking at her, giving small encouraging smiles as her eyes practically screamed for help.

“Mom! What are you doing here?!”

 
A/N;
I'M BACK

I'm so sorry for not updating, December is always such a busy month for me and I wasn't able
to update at all. But I'm back!
ALSO OH MY GOD GUYS. EXO NORTH AMERICA TOUR. I'M PROBABLY GOING TO GO
OH MY GOD

Uh- But It's Yue and Kai's birthday!
And what?! Is this Exo's parents!
Also someone's going to get her first kiss next chapter ;)
Any guesses?

Your Author, Kimchi.