023

Moonlight

The previous day was filled with laughter, and this day just brought chaos. Throughout the house the boys were running around, turning ever surface unturned looking for their precious mate. Yue had gone missing, her bed was completely made and her scent still lingered but she was nowhere in sight. The wolves were yelling and howling for her, but she didn’t respond. Xiumin looked around her room, trying to find a clue or a note. Something that would give him a hint to where she was, praying that she wasn’t in danger. He wandered over to her desk, glancing at the left out textbooks and paper when her calendar piqued his interest. Around today’s date was a red circle and some writing. He quickly picked up the calendar and ran, without disturbing the other boys, knowing where she was.  

 

*************

 

Yue sat in front of her parents graves, her eyes completely red from already crying. She missed them dearly, and even after 5 years she still couldn’t get over it. Tears started welling in her eyes again as she hiccuped from crying so much. She curled up into fetal position, her hands covering her face as she sobbed. She almost didn’t notice the sudden body heat against her as she felt strong arms suddenly surround her. Yue uncurled to look at the male behind her to find Xiumin with sad eyes, gazing at her softly.

“M-minseok?” She hiccuped, tears still flowing down her eyes although they were much slower now. He gave her a sad smile, bringing his hands to cup her face as his thumbs wiped away her tears.

“Oh Yue, don’t cry anymore. You’re much prettier when you smile,” Xiumin said softly, placing a small kiss to her forehead. Her face almost instantly flushed, causing him to grin even brighter. “You’re even cuter when you blush,”

“Minseok!” She whined, trying to escape his gaze only for him to tighten his grip.

“You have to smile first, otherwise I’m going to kiss you more,” He threatened, a stupid smile on his face. She immediately grins, rolling her eyes.

“There! I smiled! Minseok Oppa please!” She whined, pouting cutely as he helped the girl stand up. Minseok looked down at her, giving her a small smile before wiping the remaining tears that stained her cheek.

“Smile more, you have twelve very loving wolves back home. You’re not alone anymore,” His words only caused her to cry more, throwing him into a panic. “Yue no! Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong? Yue!” His worry is cut off by her giggling, wiping away the tears.

“Oppa, they’re happy tears. Thank you, thank you so much,” She smiled, wrapping her arms around him tightly and buried her face into his chest. He could feel his heartbeat loudly against his chest and he was positive that she could hear it. Heat immediately coursed through his body as he shuddered almost violently, causing the girl to release him and look up at him.

“Are you okay? What’s wrong?” She asked, looking up at him with concern her eyes and he only smiled at her.

“I’m perfect, I just bonded with the most beautiful girl in the world,”

 

************

 

Yue sat up in bed around 11pm, unable to sleep, afraid if nightmares will appear as they always do on this dreaded day. She sighed quite loudly as she ran her fingers through her hair, her knees pressed against her chest and tears threatening to fall.

A knock startled her from her thoughts as she looked up, walking towards the door to peek out. She found D.O standing outside her door.

“Kyungsoo?”  

“I noticed your lights on, is something wrong?” He asked, his eyes fixated on her and she felt like they were practically looking into her soul.

“I can’t sleep,” She sighed, opening the door wider for him to come in and closed it behind her. Kyungsoo sat on her bed and Yue crawled on it as well, turning to face him.

“Thinking about your parents?” He hit the nail on the head as Yue sniffled and nodded her head. Kyungsoo immediately wrapped his arms around the girl, pushing her head to his chest as silent tears fell from her eyes. He rubbed her back soothingly. A few minutes passed with just them sitting like this in a comfortable silence. He let go, to cup her face to make him look up at him. He leaned in slowly but stopped just inches from her lips. When she closed her eyes he took it as a sign to continue as he pressed his lips softly against hers. The kiss became heated in no time, with him hovering over her as his hands cupped her face. His lips nibbling at her bottom lip. He pulled away after awhile, not wanting to go any further- not yet at least. Yue’s face was completely flushed and it made him smile. Kyungsoo pressed a kiss to her forehead, and pulled the sheets over her.

“Get some sleep okay?” He turned to go back to his own room but she stopped him, grabbing tightly onto his shirt.

“Will you sleep with me? I mean not like that! Just- you know,” She flushed once again, pulling the sheets over her head. “Ah! Nevermind!” She squeaked. Kyungsoo laughed, pulling the sheets back down to reveal a flustered Yue as he climbed into the bed, turning off the lamp and snuggled close to his mate.

“Goodnight Yue.”

 
A/N:

I'm...so close to finishing-
I want to start on Book of Peace and Lost and Found again
ahhhhhh