Chapter nine: We are naturally attracted to one another...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

London

Shin Hye woke up early as usual as she remembered she had to prepare breakfast for her son. Her maid was probably preparing ingredients in the kitchen for her to cook. She forgot what had happened the night before, as she tried to stand up she felt a sudden pain and she cried out lout, “Ackkkkk!!!” She fell back onto her bed cringing in pain.

Joong Mi came running to check on her, “Shin Hye?” She saw Shin Hye on bed crying in pain. “What happened?” She tried to check on Shin Hye.

“I forgot I sprained my ankle and apparently it’s still sore.”She explained.

“You should go to the hospital later on.”Joong Mi said feeling concerned.  

“Aish… I have an early class! Professor Isaac wouldn’t like this!” She said filled with worries. “Joong Mi Eonnie, I need your help. Do you think you can prepare Eric’s breakfast? I promise him Chicken Sandwich and fried sausages. Please, make him hot chocolate drink and send him to school for me. I will need to inform my classmates that I won’t be able to attend the lecture.” She said in a very lengthy explanation. “Please prepare a simple scrambled egg for our guest.”

“Okay…Don't worry too much about it, I will be able to do it. I will get you a cane so that you can walk.” Joong Mi said and about to rush out from her room.

“Where are you going to get a cane, Eonnie?” Shin Hye asked confused.

“Oh… I will borrow from Mrs. Eilder.” Joong Mi said.

“Tesso… Let’s not bother her. I will slowly move. Don’t worry too much.” Shin Hye said.

“Alright then…” Joong Mi agreed as she  went out of Shin Hye’s room and went into the kitchen.

She grabbed her phone which was on her bedside table and texted her coursemate.

Shin Hye: Kyungie…. Eonnie is in trouble.

Kim Eun Kyung: What happened Eonnie? Today will be an important lecture about our elective.

Shin Hye: Ara. I sprained my ankle and it’s really cold now so not really helping much.

Kim Eun Kyung: Oh my! Apply warm towel or immerse your feet in warm water.

Shin Hye: Gomawo dear. Please share notes with me. I will treat you to great food.

Kim Eun Kyung: I’ll swing by later.

Shin Hye laid back on her bed and huffed a puff of air. “Why do this have to happen to me?” Shin Hye asked herself.  She then tried to stand up slowly and limped towards her wardrobe to changed clothes before she woke Eric up.

She went into Eric’s room and to find Eric slept comfortably cuddling with Min Ho. Shin Hye was speechless. “How did?” She watched them both, looking so natural hugging one another and sharing bed. If people didn’t know better, they might think that they were father and son. Shin Hye scratch her head, thinking of how she would wake the two of them together and what’s more important was to get an explanation out of it.

She limped closer to Min Ho who was at the outer side of the bed and slowly moved his hand.

“Min Ho-ssi…” Shin Hye whispered. “Min Ho-Ssi…” She whispered a bit louder.

“Huh?” He realized that someone was shaking his arms but it seemed that his head was still heavily sleepy, “Shh…. I am here to protect you from the monster…” He patted Eric’s arm and held him closer. Shin Hye finally understood, Eric was probably crying from his bad dream again and she was probably knocked out from the pain of her sprained ankle and didn’t hear him. Min Ho probably tried to help Eric to sleep and had to ended up sleeping with Eric.

“Min Ho… Ssi…..” She whispered again. “Yah… Oppa…..” She said hitting his arm lightly. This time, Min Ho finally realized that it was Shin Hye who woke him up.

“Oh… Sorry…” He tried to slowly moved Eric away from him so he could sit up. He rubbed his eyes and scratched his head which was a habit he had developed whenever he woke up and then stretched fully. Shin Hye just watched him in adoration as she missed seeing that. She smiled. Min Ho realized that she was staring at him. “I’m still that hot to you right?” He joked. Shin Hye chuckled. “Oh.. he was…” Min Ho tried to explain the situation.

“Ara… He does that sometimes. I was probably knocked out and did not hear him.” She limped herself to his bed and sat at the edge.  “I asked Joong Mi Eonnie to prepare you some breakfast. Is scrambled egg fine?” She asked him.

Min Ho nodded lazily. “How’s your ankle?” He asked.

“I forgot about it this morning and stepped wrongly. It was painful but it’s subsiding. I have to wake this big baby boy up first."Shin Hye told him.

"But I am already up!" He winked at her. She smiled amicably at him and shook her head slowly remembering that he could be such a tease at time.

"Not you! It's my baby boy." She pointed at her son and then looked at him, "I will head to the hospital later and send you to your place.” Shin Hye explained. Min Ho felt guilty that he was troubling her and Shin Hye could see from his expression. “Don’t worry. It’s alright. I know I should be worried that you were able to track me down here but at the same time, I am glad being given this opportunity.” She smiled at him which made Min Ho’s heart fluttered. “Why don’t you continue and rest first. I will call you up once Joong Mi Eonnie finished preparing your breakfast.”

Min Ho nodded slowly and walked out of Eric’s room and headed to the living room and flopped himself on the sofa. He couldn’t get back to sleep as he felt terrible that he knew he would have to leave Shin Hye and what scared him the most was that, he would never be able to see her anymore.

“Uncleeee…..” Eric ran up to him as he squeeled. Min Ho sat up to receive him and hugged him tightly. “Gomabsemida for helping me last night uncle.” He said cheerfully. His beautiful face was glowing with happiness. His smiled looked like his mother’s. He was definitely her son he thought to himself.

“Gwenchana Eric.” Min Ho said.

“Are you going to be here later?” Eric asked. “We can talk and I want to play with you.” He said.

“No, Eric. Uncle will leave later and he has to work.” Shin Hye interjected them as she headed to the kitchen to check on Joong Mi.

“Awh… Eomma… But uncle is nice and he saved me last night from Robotic Monster.” Eric tried to convince his mother.

“I know he saved you but Uncle has to work” She answered him from the kitchen.

“Uncle…” Eric turned to Min Ho and gave him a puppy-eyes look. Min Ho heart melted at the sight of that, he remembered Shin H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter