Chapter 3: Sorry that I didn't protect you back then...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho was at the rooftop of the building as he wanted to take a puff from his cigarette to release his stress. He liked the time alone from the rest of the people at times, he needed that to himself. The rest of the bandmates did not smoke at all but it was a habit that Min Ho had taken back then when he was in his high school year.

As he was enjoying his smoke, he head a mumble not far from the rooftop door and it flung open as someone went out of it. Min Ho quickly hid behind the water tanks and killed his cigarette so that the person who just went out did not realize that he was there.

“Oppa… I told you… Just let me be. Appa would understand it.” The girl said in a very clear American English slang. “Why would I want to go back there? I want to stay here. What? You’re here? Where?” She said in a frantic panic. Min Ho peeped and he saw Park Shin Hye talking to her phone. She seemed to be a damsel in distress. “Oppa! How did you know I work here?” She asked the person at the end of her line.

“Oppa? Is it her boyfriend? Her Appa?” He questioned of what he heard. “Does that mean her father knew who her boyfriend is? Is she running away from a marriage?” He talked to himself. Then, he heard the door closed loudly. He peeked again and saw that she was gone. He leaned back, “Phew! At least, she’s gone now.” He felt relieved. He stood up and was about to take out another stick and lit it up. He puffed luxuriously as he enjoyed the view from the top. From afar, he could see the huge advertisement posters that a department store that they were endorsing had put up. They looked cool. He loved that.

“Yah!” He heard a squeal from down below where he was standing. He saw a small figure which seemed to wear what Shin Hye was wearing. She seemed to be held by a man in black suit who was accompanied by two other men who seemed to be his bodyguard. The man seemed to own a very expensive car and another car which seemed to be for his bodyguards.

Instinctively, Min Ho killed his cigarette and ran towards the door to help out Shin Hye who seemed to be in distress. He saw that she had left her bag as well and he grabbed that. When he got down, which happened to be at the back of the agency.

He stopped for a bit as he saw Shin Hye was talking to the man.

“Oppa! Please Oppa! Just let me have my privacy here.” She begged the man who was holding her hand and twisting her as if he was about to lift her from the ground and threw her into the back of the car.

“Look! Oboji is killing me right now! I can’t have peace at all because of you! Just go back home alright? Eomma is missing you too.” The man looked very sharp and well dressed in a very expensive penned suit. Min Ho could tell that he came from a very rich family.

Shin Hye was crying and her face twisted in pain as the man tried to pull her and she fought him off.

*SLAP*

Shin Hye fell on the floor as she touched her cheek which was red from being slapped hard by the man whom she referred as ‘Oppa’. She cried in pain.

The man suddenly looked guilty as he saw how helpless Shin Hye looked at that time. She was pitiful. He then walked slowly towards her and squatted.

“Let me see.” He tried to check on Shin Hye but she cringed away from him. “Oppa Mianhe Shin Hye-yah.” He said. “If you were to just simply obey Oboji and go back to US to study, all this circus act won’t have to happen.” He switched to American English. “You’re a bright person… You could have just stayed with Imu and finish up your residency.” He said in a very affectionate manner. “I hate to be aggressive towards you but I was desperate. Oboji kept pressing me everyday. I don’t want to marry Eun Ha Na. We don’t match and beside, you hated her. He made a deal that, if I could make you finish your study in US and came back to work as a doctor in Grandpa’s hospital. I can marry whoever I want.” Min Ho finally understood that the man in suit was her brother. He felt sympathetic towards Shin Hye at that moment and without thinking much he went out and grabbed Shin Hye. He helped her stand up and took her hand to bring her inside.

“This is a private building. You can’t just come here without permission, Sir.” Min Ho tried to sound polite.

Her brother seemed to be challenged by Min Ho sudden impulsions towards his sister.

“Mianacheman, we are siblings and we are discussing family matters,” Her brother tried to cover up.

“You can do that at home.” Min Ho said coldly and turned around, “I don’t think you need to apply force towards woman. Only, cowards do that.” He said angrily. The body guards seemed to run to attack Min Ho but the man stopped them.

“It’s alright.” He told his bodyguard. He then turn his attention to Min Ho and smiled cynically, “I know you. The lead singer for that famous band. Are you trying to show off?” He asked feeling rather challenged by him. “You might not understand. Please don’t get involved in our family matters.” He advised Min Ho calmly.

“I won’t and I have very little interest with your domestic chaos but you are disrupting my practice schedule with her.” Min  Ho answered back and took Shin Hye inside. Shin Hye was still sobbing. Min Ho quickly brought her to the elevator so that he could bring her somewhere quiet. Luckily, no one was to enter the elevator as they reached the top floor, he then brought her to the stair and headed for the roof top. He locked the door so that no one else would come out after them. He let her sit on the bench not far from the door and let her cry off. When she calmed down, “Look… I don’t know what the hell happen outside there just now but I don’t want to know either. You best sort it out with your family or you are going to be a burden to our agency. I hate that!” He said coldly trying to sound not caring.

Shin Hye pressed her lips and nodded quietly. Min Ho wanted to leave her alone and was about to open the door, “Thank you.” She thanked him quietly. Min Ho went out and closed the door behind him. He heard voices coming up. He immediately just stood at the door trying to help Shin Hye to block them. They were the staff workers at that building who probably wished to smoke at the rooftop. They stopped when they saw him stuck to the door pretending to listen interestingly. When he saw them, he pretended to shushed them and whispered at them as he pointed at the door.

“Wae?” Whispered one of them getting interested.

“Couple fight!” Min Ho said wide eyed trying his best to convince the two men.

“Aish!” One of them said frustratingly. “We need to label the door not to use the rooftop to break up.” He pulled his friend to descend the stairs. Min Ho smiled as he was successful to deter them. He opened the door and went outside as his intention was to tell Shin Hye to get over her emotion and get inside the building.

As he opened the door, Shin Hye was actually already standing in front of the door with her hair let loose. Min Ho usually saw her hair pulled up in tight bun but the moment he opened the door, the was a sudden breeze of air which made her hair flew smoothly and she had to brush it back and tuck behind her ears. Min Ho was in awe, she looked like a fallen angel right from the heaven and the light from outside helped to illuminate her beautiful fair and smooth skin glowed exquisitely before his eyes. He gulped and blinked a few times. Shin Hye thought that he was staring at her swollen left cheek where her brother had slapped her, she immediately covered her left cheek.

“Is it really bad?” She was asking about her swollen cheek.

Min Ho as if in trance answered, “Ani… You looked heavenly.”

“Eo?” Shin Hye was thinking that he was in his spiteful usual self towards her, “I get it. It’s really bad.” She pressed her lips disappointedly at his comment. She moved down and lightly pushed him aside. Without thinking, Min Ho instead pinned her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter