Chapter fifteen: It's time to gain our stance back!

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in London...

As Min Ho sat silently listening to both siblings reminiscing the past, he inhaled deeply, he looked at the clock, it was nearly four in the morning. Catching up surely took their time. He looked at the face of the woman whom he loved the most, he could see some changes, she looked more mature, there were hints of pain in her eyes, her smiles weren't as exciting as he remembered it used to be.

"Why did you decide to leave me?" He suddenly blurted out. 

Shin Hye looked at him, his expression was dark and serious.

"I was worried... I was scared..." She answered weakly. 

"We could have work it out together." Min Ho replied.

"Ara... But, you were hurting... The night you came home drunk, that was your true feelings talking. It felt like someone came and took my heart out and minced it. It was a hard decision but it had to be made... Haraboji..." She trailed.

"Damn your haraboji!" Min Ho voice raised. "We promised we would face him strong together." He bit his lower lip. The moment at the mention of her haraboji had triggered his anger.

"O..Oppa..." Shin Hye was startled by his reaction. He was never like that before or at least the way she remembered.

"You know what kind of hell I had to go through?" Tears started to roll on his cheek. "Everyday... The hope of finding you is what I had in mind."

"Min Ho-ssi... calm down... I think you are just tired..." Shin Won said softly. "Why don't the two of you talk in your room, Shin Hye. Eric would wake up." Shin Won advised.

Shin Hye slowly stood up and she held his hand, "Come on Oppa..." She told him. She limped as she took him into her room. 

As he entered, he was greeted by the rosy smell that Shin Hye always had on her. It calmed him down. "Sit down Oppa..." Shin Hye said as she slowly let him sit at the edge of her bed.

"Oppa... I admit it was my fault... I was a coward. I ran away... I knew haraboji was going to get to me through you... Shin Won Oppa found out that he bribed your old director's agency to release those scandalous articles." Shin Hye explained. She held his hand and massaged it so that it would calm him down.

"I know... My manager informed me... The reason why I left the agency as well... I felt guilty towards the boys as well, they could have been better without me..." Min Ho said calmly. He tried his hardest to remain composed.

"Oppa... Mianhe... Mianhee... I am sorry for all the hurt.. if you didn't meet me... You wouldn't.."

Without any warnings, Min Ho cupped Shin Hye face and kissed her aggressively. Shin Hye tried to fight him off but she herself was battling her inner conscience, in the end, the feeling that she burried deep inside emerged and she gave in, she kissed him back. 

"Don't you dare to tell me that I would ever for one second regret meeting you at any point of my life!" Min Ho said deeply. Shin Hye looked at him with teary eyes. She hugged him tightly and inhaled his scent deeptly. "You're mine! Ara?" Min Ho demanded. Shin Hye nodded. "Nothing that lousy haraboji of yours could ever do to separate us!" He hugged her more. Shin Hye cried releasing all of the past miseries away. 

The two of them ended up lying on Shin Hye's bed, Min Ho stared at his long lost wife deeply and played with her hair or touched her face. Shin Hye did the same thing, she touched and carressed her handsome husband's face, smiling at him contently.

"I wish the time would stop and we could just do this..." Min Ho said to her. Shin Hye nodded agreeing with him. "Don't you ever runaway from me anymore..." He requested.

"I will... try not to..." She responded.

"Don't!" He demanded.

Shin Hye smiled, "Arassoyo... I won't..." She promised. "I promised to be strong with you and Uri Eric." She answered.

"I should probably put a tracking chip inside your body." He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Yah... I said I promised." Shin Hye hit him lightly. 

"Or get you pregnant... I think Eric needs a sibling and you owe me all the missing firsts that I should have experienced as a father." He continued. Shin Hye tears fell on the pillow. The guilt was eating in her.  "Waeee?" He wiped off her tears.

"I am so sorry.... " She cried. "I am so sorry Oppa..." Min Ho pulled her closer and hugged her tightly.

"Forget it... What's important is that you're here... I can touch you now.. I can breathe... I can live..." He admitted as he kissed her forehead. "Keunde... Why did you lie about the miscarriage?"

"Hmm.... I thought it would make it easier for you to forget me. At least, the baby won't get in your way..." Shin Hye explained. 

"It wasn't easy... If I know you had Eric, I would double the effort to look for you. Conveniently, your brother decided to work outside the country a lot." Min Ho told her.

"He was here with me and Eonnie... They were taking care of me... Keunde Oppa... What makes you so sure that Eric was your son?" Shin Hye asked out of curiousity.

"Hmm... Even though, we were not together for long, I felt that I know you well... I know you are not the kind who would easily fall in love with other men and the fact that I was your first.... boyfriend... the first one to...." He a little bit.

"Yah!.... Fine I get it!" She smiled at him.

"It must have been hard for you to give birth alone." Min Ho hugged her tightly.

"It was... but the moment, I saw Eric, I saw you... Eric really takes over you in many ways... He was the reason I was going strong. When I first arrive here, I was depressed for a bit, I remembered sitting at the avenue thinking of how you were when not far from it a shop was playing your song with the boys. I went in, that's how I met Mr. Smith. He felt sorry for me and he liked me as a daughter, so while waiting to go back to studying, I work there. I recommend him the Gibson... So that, I could look at it everyday and I know oneday we will meet." She explained to him.

"So we did..." Min Ho added. "Let's go back to Korea..." Min Ho suggested. 

"O..Oppa... It's not that I don't want to go back there... There's so many things to consider... One thing for sure, Eric and secondly, I need to finish my study... I really want to go back there but when I am ready..." Shin Hye admitted. She could see the frustration in his face. She understood that he was worried that, it would be another reason for her to run away. "I won't disappear I promise you... I will be here whenever you want to come back. My final year is coming up and I need to attain this. It's my personal accomplishment." 

Min Ho smiled at her and carresses her face. "We need to renew our vows. Let's re-new it while we are here. It's something memorable." He suggested.

"Don't you want to do it with our family?" Shin Hye suggested. "Let's do it properly this time." She smiled at him.

"You sure?" Min Ho asked. "Your haraboji might know..." He suggested.

"Ara... But with Eric here and you are here and Oppa is getting stronger... I feel so ready to fight the battle." She admitted. 

"Although, I'd rather we reside here until Eric grows up. I feel that you are safer out of Korea. Your brother did mention that your haraboji's sibling is getting to him and they might want to take a hold on you as well..." Min Ho thought about it.

"How about staying in Japan then?" Shin Hye suggested.

"As your man... I want to think about it, the best solution for us. If you disappear... I think there is no way I can l..." Shin Hye immediately cover his mouth. It was unbearable for her to hear him saying that he wouldn't want to continue living if she was not around. His eyes widened at her.

"Shh... I told you, I was sorry and I still am. I am willing to accept any psychological impact I have caused to you for the rest of my life." She promised him. Min Ho slowly took off her hand and smiled.

"Even if I asked you to put tracking device in your body?" He teased. 

Shin Hye thought hard and Min Ho stared to look at her reaction, "I am about to have my PHD and I can't believe that I am agreeing to this..." she nodded slowly. "It was my fault,so if this is the punishment you are giving me, I will accept it openly." She said to him.

"Hmm... That's just one of the punishment...." He said huskily. "You won't believe the sort of punishments I have lined up for you." He closed in and held her tightly. 

"O...PPA..." Shin Hye whispered, suddenly felt dry and it had been long since she had intimacy with a man. "Waeee?" She pleaded  as if she could read his mind. 

Min Ho smiled devilishly at her as he inched his face towards her, Shin Hye seemed to forget how to react to him that she closed her eyes tightly and so did her lips. Min ho stared at her face and smiled. "Just kidding!" He said as he chuckled. 

Shin Hye eyes flung open and looked at his face which was really close smiling at her. Without thinking, she brought his face closer and kissed him. He was caught off guard but it didn't take him long to get into the rythm. 

"Now! That's a total joke," She whispered at him who was staring at her lovingly and contently. "You better go to sleep. Eric would want your attention after his school time." She suggested. He looked tired to her.

"I will only sleep if you are sleeping." He said pouting like a little boy.

"She smiled at him. I have to ensure he has his breakfast and stuff." Shin Hye told Min Ho. Min Ho turned her body around so that her back would be facing his body and he wrapped his hands around her bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter