Chapter thirteen: My dream ... Can't I just continue dreaming?

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We are here, Agassi.” The taxi driver announced.

 

“Eo? Neh..” Shin Hye paid him and went out of the taxi. "Gamsahamida Ahjussi..."

She stared at the church…. She felt guilty to God for not keeping herself well.

 

“Please forgive me my Lord.” She whispered. Shin Hye went in and walked towards the bench. She inhaled deeply as tears rolled down her cheeks. She started to pray to ask for forgiveness.

 

A nun passing by who was in duty to clean up and arranged things saw Shin Hye, she noticed how troubled she looked. She slowly went to Shin Hye who didn’t notice her.

 

“Child…” She slowly approached her and touched her hands.

 

Shin Hye opened her eyes and turned to see a very serene middle aged woman who reminded her so much of her mother. Without restraining her feelings, Shin Hye immediately cried and hugged the nun. She felt comfortable. She let out her feelings, she cried as much as she wanted.

 

*********

 

“Are you feeling much better now?” The Nun named Sister Charlotte asked her.

 

Shin Hye nodded slowly as she smiled warmly at the Nun who served her a cup of coffee. Shin Hye sipped slowly, it felt good.

 

“I pray that whatever that you are facing, you will be strong enough, child.” She said in the most comforting voice.

 

“Can I stay here for a bit to clear up my mind?” Shin Hye asked softly.

“Neh, of course you can child.” She smiled amicably.

 

‘Eomma… I miss you so much.’ Shin Hye whispered. Tears rolled on her cheek but she quickly wiped it off as she didn’t want to trouble Sister Charlotte.

 

After sometime, Shin Hye felt much better, she didn’t want to switch on her phone as she was scared Min ho would be able to track her location.

 

Shin Hye laid on the bed where Sister Charlotte lent Shin Hye her room. Shin Hye fell asleep for a bit. When she woke up,  she saw Sister Charlotte smiling and another woman who seemed older than Sister Charlotte smiled at her as well.

 

“Agassi… This is Mother Grace .” Sister Charlotte introduced. “She will talk to you.” Sister Charlotte left the room.

 

Shin Hye sat up and slowly stood up and bowed to Mother Grace, Mother Grace asked her to sit on the edge of the bed.  Shin Hye obeyed, Mother Grace then sat at the edge of the bed not far from Shin Hye. She took Shin Hye hand and held it as she massaged her hand.

 

“What’s troubling you child?” Mother Grace asked softly.

 

Shin Hye was not able to hold her feelings. Tears rolled on her cheek.

 

“Gwenchana child.” Mother Grace calmed Shin Hye down. “Gwenchana.” She said.

 

“I did a very sinful thing Mother.” Shin Hye opened up.

 

“Nothing is not forgiven by our Lord.” Mother Grace calmly advised her.

 

“But… I was so stupid Mother.” Shin Hye continued.

 

“We all do stupid mistakes sometimes.” Mother Grace smiled at her.

 

“I drank so much and I slept with a man… I lost my chastity.” Shin Hye cried. “ I was so stupid! I should not have drank last night.” She cried feeling very regretful.

 

“Sh… Child…” Mother Grace hugged her. There was a calming scent coming from Mother Grace, Shin Hye felt better being hugged.“Now … Now…” Mother Grace patted her back. “That is why our Lord is most fair, he knows that we, human, definitely will make some mistakes in life, that is why he created repentance. If we repent with all our heart and promised to never repeat it, our Lord will forgive us.” She explained to Shin Hye calmly.

 

Shin Hye felt a little bit better than before, knowing that repentance would help her earn forgiveness from God, made her feel a lot lighter.

 

“Stay here for as long as you like…” Mother Grace offered her shelter.

 

“I am so sorry to trouble you Mother…” Shin Hye apologized.

 

“Ani… No trouble at all, the more the merrier.”Mother Grace smiled at her and patted her head. “Have some rest child.”

 

Sister Charlotte entered with a towel and a change of clothing. “I think you want to refresh yourself. You may use my room, we will set up a room for you.” She said kindly.

 

*************

 

Min Ho tried to think hard, he called the boys to come to his apartment and told them everything. The boys felt really bad but Min Ho didn’t blame them entirely. It was his ideas to have the party and he didn’t object to drinking either.

 

They all apologized to Min Ho and at that time, all of them tried to think hard how to track down Shin Hye before the entire agency found out.

 

“The closest she has in the dorm is Jung Ahn Nee.” Min Hyuk said,

 

“And you!” The three boys said. Shin Hye developed a very close noona and dongsaeng relationship throughout the time.

 

“Hmm… It was my fault as well… I was the one who suggested the truth or dare games.” He said feeling very guilty.

 

“Let’s not think of such now, we have to find her. She had switched off her phone. I put a tracker in it.” Min ho said. “I can only track her if it is switched on.” He scratched his head. “What else do we know about her?” He asked.

 

Min Ho tried to think hard, the boys were not that close to her as he was. Min Hyuk was close but still it didn’t help as he was not always with her. Shin Hye spent most of her time with Min Ho, therefore, Min Ho would only be the only who could try to predict where she was.

 

“Why don’t you boys try to find out from Jung Ahn Nee at the dorm?” Min Ho suggested. The boys agreed and they left him. Min Ho went back to his room, he saw the proof that he was the first person to ever touch her and marked her as his. He felt really bad as it wasn’t how he wanted them to be together. He wanted them to have consensual agreement. “PABO!” He hit his head. He didn’t have a choice but to call his mother. Whenever he was in trouble he would usually go to his mother for her comfort and advised. 

“Mwo? How? I’ll be there.” His mother promised.

 

While waiting for his mother, he changed the sheet and hid the sheet properly.

 

He heard someone punched in the code for his door, he immediately ran out of his bedroom and greeted his mother.

 

“Waegereee?” She asked as she frantically took off her shoes and wore the house slippers. She went to her son who looked like he was in distraught.

 

“Eomma… I did something bad.” Min Ho shook as he told his mother.

 

“Waeee?” She asked her son in panic. She looked around and she saw the mess in his living room. “Sulma… Did you have rs here?” His mother thought of the worst.

 

“What? Ani!” Min Ho answered. “Why would I?” He asked his mother half confused and half-feeling flustered.

 

“Then what’s with the mess?” She asked him as she went to the coffee table to clear up the mess.

 

“It’s Shin Hye…” He sat weakly on the sofa.

 

“Shin Hye?” His mother asked confused. “Did she drink all this” His mother asked further.

 

“We all did…” He replied.

 

“All?” His mother asked as she stopped clearing. His mother inhaled first to clear her head as she slowly shook her head. “Ah-Deul… Please explain to me slowly. You’re giving me a headache and it’s worse than your hangover.” She said. She put down all of the things she was clearing up and sat on the sofa.

 

Min Ho started to tear up. His mother got closer and calmed him down. Once he began to calm down, he slowly told her everything.

 

His mother sighed deeply after hearing everything. “I can understand her fear… And from what I can see, that Park Shin Hye is brought up in a quite conservative home hence the arrange marriage.” His mother tried to investigate. “She probably ran to a church or temple to seek for forgiveness.” His mother assumed. “Ani Ah-Deul… Doesn’t she have any contacts with any members of her family?”

 

“I remembered her brother…” He then stood up and took out his computer while his mother continued to clean up his living room. He started to do his research and after two hours he found out her brother.

 

*Park Shin Won (Doctorate)*

 

The Sagwa University Hospital will have a new Neurological Head of department. The third generation of The powerful Park family will take over his post in the coming February as part of the family to maintain and secure his position as part of the inheritor of their family line. Being the eldest grandson to the well-known, Park Sam Ha, the dean and the head of the co-operate, he is foreseen to be the third in line to take over the reign after his father, Park Jin Ho.

After reading the news article, Min Ho stood up, “Eomma… I think I track her brother, maybe he can help.” He told his mother. “I’ll be back. Please don’t tell Oboji. I will take full responsibility of her.” He told his mother.

 

“Of course my son.” His mother nodded. “I’ll wait for you here. Do call me when you receive any news."

 

********

 

“Dr. Park… Someone is here to see you.” Announced Shin Won’s secretary. He looked up at her with a muddled look.

 

“Okay, let the person in.” Shin won agreed. He didn’t look up when the person entered as his eyes were focused on assessing the data in front of him.

 

“Anyeongaseyo Doctor…” The male voice appeared greeting him.

 

“Yes… yes… Please sit down… I will attend you in a minute.” Shin Won said. The man sat silently but quite restless as Shin Won could see from the corner of his eyes that he frequently switched crossing his legs. “So, how can I…” Shin Won stopped when he saw who it was. “What do you want?” He turned unfriendly.

 

“Shin Hye…” Min Ho trailed.

 

“You have her. What’s the point?” Shin Won asked.

 

“She’s gone missing.” Min Ho finally told her.

 

“Mwo?” Shin Won stood up. “Eonji?”

 

“Since this morning. I couldn’t find her nor contact her.” Min Ho told him.

 

“Let’s get out of here. Come with me.” Shin Won grabbed his coat. Min Ho followed him. “Where’s your car?”

 

“Basement.” Min Ho answered.

 

“We’ll use your car.” Shin Won announced.

 

As Min Ho drove without knowing the direction, “Where to?” He asked Shin Won.

 

“Just go to an R café. We need a safe place to talk.” Shin Won said.

 

Min Ho drove there and parked his car. They went in and Shin Won requested for a private room.

 

“Get us coffee and tarts.” Shin Won requested from the waitress.

 

“What happened?” Shin Won turned his attention to Min Ho.

 

“I did… something bad to her.” Min Ho confessed which made Shin Won grimaced uncomfortably.

 

“Did you cheat on her?” He tried to remain his cool. ‘If he did cheat, this would be the ticket to pursue her to marry the Lee family.’ Shin Won thought.

 

“Ani… Much worse.” Min Ho answered.

 

The waitress knocked their door and brought in their order. They remained quiet until the waitress left the room.

 

“What did you do to her?” Shin Won asked.

 

“We were drunk last night…”

 

“Mwo? She’s not able to hold the liquor.” Shin Won fumed.

 

“Ara… but she insisted.” Min Ho told.

 

“You should have stopped her.” Shin Won voice raised.

 

“I tried. She insisted.” Min Ho said. “But that besides of what I want to tell you.” Min Ho stood his ground.

 

“Fine! What happened to my little sister?” Shin Won asked trying to have a proper conversation.

 

“We… Under the influence of alcohol, I… She…” Min Ho stammered. It didn’t take long for Shin Won to understand.

 

“MWO?” Shin Won voice raised more. “ANDWE!” He thought of his innocent little sister.

 

“I am really sorry!” Min Ho immediately went to the ground and apologize. “I will take full responsibility.”

 

“Aishhhh! Uri haraboji will kill her!” Shin Won feared.

 

“I know! Kill me too then…” Min Ho cried.

 

Shin Won was out of words, his head was figuring out where to find his sister first. He was worried of her and anything could happen to her.

 

*****************

 

It had been three days, no news about Shin Hye. Although, the company received a letter from her, saying that she needed a break due to attending family problems, Min Ho knew that was not the reason.

Min Ho was crestfallen and so were the boys. They felt very guilty towards him and Shin Hye.

 

Jung Ahn Nee who was aware of Shin Hye’s absence kept quiet but only talked to the boys and Min Ho regarding shin Hye.

 

They were about to begin their practice, being Shin Hye’s stand in, Ahn Nee would practice with Min Ho.

 

“Any news from her?” Min Ho asked as they went to the middle of the practice room.

 

“Eonnie…” Ahn Nee seemed to know but she stopped herself. “I haven’t heard from her.” Ahn Nee finally said.

 

********

Ahn Nee looked around carefully, worried if any of the boys would have followed her or Min Ho even. 

“Eonnie…” Ahn Nee ran up to Shin Hye as she reached the church.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter