Chapter twenty-two: In that abandoned cabin...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation

1.45 a.m.

The two mothers treaded the heavy woods surrounding their campsite. Shin Hye's heart thumped like crazy, her mind was not alone in this as well but for the sake of Han Suk's mother she tried her hardest to remain calm and be the one who was the stronger among them two. Both mothers had tears on their face but they kept on shouting for their children's name and went on further to try track their sons.

Shin Hye squatted, they walked farther into the deep of the forest and it just get darker and darker. The thickness of the forest had dampened the light from their torchlight and the distance of clear sight became shorter. She felt her hope was drained from her body. What if wild animals were to attack them? What if? What it? All of the possible what ifs entered her mind. Yu Ri was still shouting for her son and Eric but all she could hear back was her own echo. Yu Ri suddenly became very quiet. Shin Hye turned her head to look back....

Everything went pitch black....

 

12.15 a.m.

"I need to pee..." Han Suk whispered to Eric. Their P.E. teacher who was settling not far from them saw Han Suk and Eric whispering to one another and were fidgeting. He thought maybe they needed time to settle down. 

Eric tried to spy on their teacher whom he assumed was asleep. "Er... No good... I think Mr. Jung is already asleep." Eric whispered back.

"But... I really have to go..." Han Suk said as he started to hold his groin area. He drank a lot of water earlier on which was given by his mother. Not able to hold any longer. Han Suk sat up and then stood up. Eric could see him trying so hard to hold himself in. Without any warning, Han Suk ran off straight from them and Eric quickly got up as well and chased after Han Suk. 

Mr. Jung saw Eric running to the forest. Not wanting to wake up the rest of the children and their parents he quietly traced after the two. 

12.20 a.m.

"Mr. Jung! Mr. Jung!" The two boys cried as they saw him earlier on who was about to scold them because they ran away from the campsite without telling, Mr. Jung was lying on the grass with his face down. Someone hit him hard on his head, the two boys were scared at that moment, Han Suk who forgot momentarily that he wanted to urinate, slowly had wet his pant as the man who hit Mr. Jung turned to face them. 

"Ahjussi.... Please don't kill us." Begged Han Suk at him.

"Please... our mom and daddy will be worried..." Eric begged the man who was standing in front of them. Both Eric and Han Suk were hugging one another scared that they might be hurt badly by the man the way he had hurt their P.E. teacher. "We are sorry... Don't be angry. My friend was looking for a toilet. We got lost." He begged further. The man slowly squatted in front of them. He had a mask on his face and only his eyes were revealed. He slowly pulled out a cloth out of his pocket and put it on Eric's mouth. Eric slowly felt dizzy and sleepy. As he was about to close his eyes when he tried to fight the dizziness, he managed to take off the man's mask.

Eric could hear Han Suk cried, "Appa....."

Everything went pitch black...

12.45 a.m.

"Han Suk- ah!!!" The entire campsite was awaken by Han Suk's father's shouting for his name. "Eric-ah!!!!" Immediately when Min Ho heard the name of his son being called out aloud, he woke his wife up. 

Then, the both of them heard Yu Ri calling out the names their son and Eric. Shin Hye frantically zipped open their tent and went out in a panic. "What is it? What is it?" She caught on to Yu Ri asking what had happened.

"Our sons are missing and so is their teacher." Yu Ri frantically explained to Shin Hye.

"Mwo?" Shin Hye didn't believe what she had heard. "Andwe!" She protested. "They must have been around..." She loosened her grip of Yu Ri and started to look for her son by sifting through the children there who were also awaken by the whole fiasco.

2.00 a.m.

Min Ho saw Han Suk's father carrying a body on his shoulder. He happened to notice Han Suk's father separating himself from the rest of the group. He slowly followed him trying hard to remain unnoticed. 

'So, he was the leak...? Was Han Suk part of their plan as well? Is his wife in this game as well?'  So many unanswered questions played inside Min Ho's mind. 

Two days back:

Min Ho remembered the mee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter