Chapter eleven: You cannot leave me behind anymore...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye couldn't sleep at all, she slowly went out of her room to have some warm milk. Her mind would immediately go back to their almost kissing scene. 

"Aishhh!!! Jinja!!!" She lightly slapped her face. "Wake up! What the heck is wrong with you Shin Hye yah?" She talked to herself as she walked to the kitchen.

Min Ho who was at the kitchen drinking water, "Wae?" He asked as he heard her voice. He saw her slapping her face lightly and when he asked her she stopped and both her hands slapping her face stopped.

"Aish...." Shin Hye covered her face as she was embarrassed being caught by him doing something silly and especially talking to herself. She slowly covered her face.

"Waeee?" Min Ho asked as he smiled at her showing his white teeth. He remembered back then whenever she was embarrassed she had the habit of covering her face. It was one of the things that made him fell in love with her more. 

She slowly moved the fingers covered her eyes and slowly opened her left eye to look at him as if hoping he wouldn't be there. When she saw him, she slowly turned around and put down her hands. She then slowly turned arounda s if nothing had happened and asked him, "Can't sleep?" She tried to act non-chalant as she walked to the fridge looking for milk. She then poured some into the saucepan and heated it on the cooker. "I'll make you some warm milk." She announced as she looked at him for a bit and smiled shyly. Min Ho nodded and took a seat at the dining table. 

It amazed him that he didn't feel awkward sitting there and he felt rather homely being there at her apartment despite the fact that he was in a foreign country and at someone's home whom he had not meet for almost six years.

Shin Hye slowly put the warm milk into a mug and placed it in front of him. She then sat on the chair which was adjacent to his. "Please..." She told him to drink the warm milk. "Mmmm... That tastes so warm and cuddly." She said involuntarily. Shin Hye had always enjoyed warm milk especially when she felt unsettled. Min Ho looked at her and smiled, he felt warm and fuzzy whenever he saw her doing anything cute like that. He thought the feeling would have changed after a long time not seeing her but he knew immediately they would naturally fit in together. To him, they were the match made in heaven. "Wae?"

"Yogi..." He touched his upper lips.

Shin Hye gave him a look that indicated she didn't like it. "Eo?" She asked.

"Yogi... Yogi...." He insisted again.

"Oppa... Ani.. Min... " Before she said what she wanted to say, Min Ho quickly brought his hand onto her chin and used his thumbs to wipe off the excessive milk foam left on her upper lips. He showed her the proof. "Oh... Mian..." She smiled sheepishly knowing how foolish she might have been. 

"If you want a kiss, I would gladly give it to you..." Min Ho . 

"Yah... Anikoden..."Shin Hye snapped at him which made Min Ho chuckled. "Why do you immediately always..."

".. have y thoughts?" He finished her sentence. 

"Yah..." She snapped back at him again as she narrowed her eyes and unintentionally pouted her lips which made Min Ho almost lost his mind as she looked adorably beautiful and enticing to him. 

"I will only be like this when it's you..." He admitted. "You know... nowadays, I feel like I can live again." He told her his honest feeling.

"Mianhe... I have my reasons..." She apologized to him.

"Ara... That's why I rather live in pain and not losing hope to find you." He slowly touched her hand and he was pleased to know that Shin Hye allowed him too. 

In all honesty, she missed him too. If it wasn't for Eric, she could have lost her sanity a long time ago.

She smiled this time as she stared at their hands. "It doesn't feel weird." She uttered.

"Eo?" Min Ho asked. 

"This... You being here... Us holding hands... It felt like we have been doing this and it didn't feel like we didn't see each other for six years." She explained.

Min Ho nodded, his smile never left his face. Shin Hye smiled back at him. Min Ho inhaled deeply and tightened his grip on her hand.

"Shin Hye yah... I was dying for the past six years... Did you know that? I send messages through my songs for you. Did you even listen to it?" He asked.

"I did Oppa... but I put them away because if I listen to it I would go crazy and I would die as well. Luckily, Eric is here. Joong Mi Eonnie and Shin Won Oppa giving the support I needed." She explained.

"Why does our lives have to be this difficult Shin Hye? We were happy together. We were young but we know and value our lives together." Min Ho's eyes welled up when he remembered the pain that he had to endure. 

"Mianhe Oppa... I had to save my life and at that time... Eric as well... You see.. Eric is..." She trailed off as it was hard for her to explained to him.

"He's my son... Ara..." Min Ho finished her sentence. Shin Hye looked at him with eyes wide, surprised that he knew.Min Ho let go of her hand and stood up and went into Eric's room and seconds later came out with a piece of document in his hand. "Here." He pushed it to Shin Hye.

"Ottoke?" She read the DNA test that MIn Ho had done between him and his son. Shin Hye looked at him.

"You're not the kind who would waver no matter what. I know you and I feel you all the time even though we were apart. The moment I saw Eric, I felt the connection and it felt right." Min Ho explained. "I just needed a solid proof. I took strands of his hair and remembered when I was at the hospital with you, while you fell asleep, I went to find the lab and asked for help." He explained and once again he took her hand to hold it. 

"You could have asked me." Shin Hye said. "You must have spent a lot of money to pay them." She said regretfully.

"It doesn't matter. What matter the most, my feeling is confirmed about my son and now, you are here. I don't want to lose you anymore Shin Hye." He told her his intention. "Six years of hell was enough." He said adamantly and Shin Hye could see the haunting pain in his face. Shin Hye felt very guilty on her act of hiding his son and hiding herself from him.

Shin Hye tried to loosen his grip but MIn Ho quickly fastened it.  "Oppa... I don't know how to respond to this. I told you I have reasons why..."

"I may not know but if you give us another chance, I think I will through it. Don't run away from me anymore, if you do that, then it will only confirm me that you are running from me." Min Ho spilled out what was in his head. "Then I would only blame me and it's not worth to live." He added.

"Oppa... You know it's not about you." Shin Hye tried to explain.

"If it is not... then, why leave me out of your life?" Min Ho asked her. Shin Hye was dumbfounded, unable to come up with the reason and at that moment, she herself was in the stupor side of her mind. Min Ho could see that she was unable to respond. "Shin Hye... Please let me be by your side. I need you... The only reason that keeps me alive for the past six years were the image of you in my mind." He begged her.

She bit her lower lips as she looked at his pitiful self, "Oppa..." She uttered.

"What the heck are you thinking?" They were startled by a sudden interjection of her brother. Min Ho could not get his eyes from him.  "Ara... I've gone skinhead and it's not the best decision I have made so far." Min Ho's lips curled into a smiled and tried to mum his laughter. Without any warning, he took Min Ho's cup of milk and drank it as he took a seat next to Min Ho. Both Min Ho and Shin Hye just blinked their eyes at her brother's very random attitude. Realizing they were probably judging him, "You can share." He pointed at Shin Hye's mug which is still half-filled with her warm milk. Min Ho just nodded.

"Oppa... Aish.... You're like a kid. That's why you haven't gotten Eonnie pregnant. " Shin Hye said to her brother.

"Yah!" Her brother countered. "Don't try to focus this back on me. We should be handling your issue." He pointed out. "I think it's best that the two of you just get back together. I am going back to Korea the day after tomorrow. There seemed to be a meeting held for our family." He explained. "Oboji told him haraboji is regretting his decision. They are doubling their people to look for you." 

Shin Hye's eyes showed fear and worriness, "If he is regretting, why double the effort to hunt for me?" She asked. 

"Oboji said that haraboji wants to make up with the situation that we are all put in and probably divide the asset among  us to manage. Sagwa Cooperation is probably going to be history." Shin Won said feeling a tad sad that the generations of hardwork would be no longer standing sturdy in this world. 

"Hmm... What happened hyung?" Min Ho unable to restrain himself from asking.

"Well... There were some news going out that our family had issues and fights and this made our share holders taking their leave."Shin Won explained.

"How did the news leaked?" Min Ho asked.

"Haraboji's other sibling were not happy with how well our parent companies are doing. They even resorted to saying that our great grandfather had stashed a secret wealth for haraboji to use build 'The Sagwa Cooperation'." Shin Won explained further.

"Is that the reason why your haraboji wants to force you marry the person of higher wealth?" Min Ho asked Shin Hye.

"There's a story behind that as well..." Shin Hye said as she nodded. 

"Back during our great-grandparents time, uri haraboji is not the first born. The largest share traditionally goes to the eldest of the children. Haraboji is the third in line, being born in a family that constantly have to fight for survival in the wealth community had hardened some of haraboji's siblings. Knowing it would be hard to survive, haraboji pursued medical field which had gotten critics from his siblings as all of them did business studies. When great grandfather passed away, everyone was given their share accordingly. But among all shares, we were the only generation who maintained and flourished and haraboji was able to build an empire, 'The Sagwa Cooperation.'" Shin Won explained.

"The Sagwa Cooperation, the main general branding for almost all utilities for home, kitchen, children, clothings and medicine even." Min Ho interjected.

"Yes." Shin Hye said.

"When you said you are from chaebol family, you're not kidding. This is more like a royalty family. Your Cooperative company alone is the 800 pounds gorilla in our production industry. You basically cover all the basic necessities." Min Ho said in awe.

"You feel like you hit a jack pot?" Shin Hye asked.

"Nope... I am beginning to understand why your haraboji want to choose partner for you two." Min Ho explained. "Your father is the eldest which means he receive the most shares?" Min Ho asked for confirmation.

"Initially..." shin Hye explained.

"Initially?" Min Ho asked.

"Because, appa wants fair share, so he made haraboji to change the policy, everyone will receive the same amount and work on it and second policy constitutes to according to the amount of contribution you have done to the parental company." Shin Won explained. "Because of the second constitution, since Shin Hye and I are the first to be debuted in Sagwa University Hospital, we would likely received the highest share. Seeing this, made haraboji worried, so he thought pairing us with very stable chaebols would be the solid reason to continue the survival o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter