Chapter fourteen: Operation ... S.O.S...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author Note: Anyeonhaseyo my beloved readers, 

I would like to apologize for my mistakes. I think I should have explained what this chapter content would be like instead of thinking that everyone could read my mind and think that people would understood what I plan to display.

This chapter is the continuation of the flashback. I usually use Italics for flashback but I think I should change that by giving the indication of time as mini/sub-titles. This is the chapter where it leads to her long disappearance. 

I hope you can bear with it. Just post a comment if you need to comment on something. It is definitely most welcome and I will try to improve my writing presentation as much as I can to accomodate your understanding of the story. 

I bow to you with my heart full of asking your forgiveness for my lacking.

I bow to friends and readers (Namebo21, thunhuy & soclose2) who have helped to point out the weakness in this chapter. Thank you very much and I love you to bits and pieces. 

Love you  lots,

ElexiaMonk.

11/8/2014

 

Shin Hye recalled the moment when her grandfather found out where she was and spoilt her joyous moment...

Shin Hye froze unable to say or move. Why of all time, when there was a smidge of hope and happiness, there would be something like this to be in between. 'God is this a test?'

"So, am I expecting a great grandchildren?" Asked the voice who stood in front of her.

Shin Hye recognized the voice, she had not heard from him for about a year now. She looked up, her haraboji smiled insidiously at her. She felt her heart had stopped. "H... Ha.. Haaraboji!" She uttered. "Otto..."

"When you have money, anything can happen." He answered her coldly. 

Shin Hye instinct was on her baby. "Why are you doing this?" Shin Hye asked him, her voice shook.

"Doing what? I am only talking to uri Na Bi whom I missed so much." He said as he walked and sat on the bench. "Anjo." He instructed. His henchmen stood on either side of them. They looked like groups of mafia having a meeting at church. "Are you happy?" He asked.

Shin Hye nodded as her eyes looked straightforward. She didn't dare to look at her haraboji. "I... I am happy." She  mustered some courage to answer.

"A singer eh?" Her haraboji said. Shin Hye turned to him and gulped again. 

"Neh... Keunde how did?" She asked.

"I have eyes and ears all over the world." He gloated. "You can't hide." He warned.

"What do you want from me?" She asked.

"I want you to go back to US and continue your study. Complete your PHD in cardiology. We need to dominate the most complicated section in the world. Then come back and work with me." Haraboji proposed.

"I am..." Shin Hye wanted to protest.

"Ara... You are married. How dare you and your parents go behind my back! Your choice is too low!" He scoffed. "What? A mere singer?" His haraboji gave a laugh at her. "He can't even save his life with that guitar of his."

"Haraboji!" Shin Won appeared. "I was right! It was your men I saw." Shin Won ran to Shin Hye who seemed scared.

"How dare you step on this holy ground shin Won?" Haraboji scolded him. "Are you mocking our Lord after you announced your lewd preference of a man." Shin Hye looked at him confused.

'So, Oppa pretended to be gay?' Shin Hye figured out.

"I will find out your lover like I did with this girl. I am appalled, she even want to carry his baby! Phoah! What? A singer!" Their haraboji went a bit hysterical. "Are you really going to insult me like this little girl?" Haraboji taunted her.

"She's not a little girl anymore haraboji. She is going to be a mother." Shin Won told him straightforward. "Respect her decision!" He screamed. "Respect mine too!" He shouted at his haraboji.

"Fine... We'll see how long that glamourous life of yours will last. I do know, your marriage is a secret. Perhaps, on his brink of success, a news about his marriage would put him down so that he could learn how low the ground could get!" Haraboji warned her. He then walked away from them followed by his henchmen.

"Oppa!" Shin Hye cried feeling weak. Shin Won immediately held Shin Hye to support her.

"Don't worry! He's all bark no bite." He calmed her down. "He wouldn't dare." 

Both of them watched Haraboji and his men left and exhaled feeling relieved as he was out of their sight.

***********

At the huge yet very grim mansion...

As soon as Haraboji entered his study room followed by his henchmen,

"I told you to do a thorough investigation about that boy! How dare he impregnante my Na Bi! Her womb is for the rightful and strong candidate only!" Her haraboji went hysterical as he found out the news about Shin Hye's pregnancy.

"I have the feeling that was the reason why they got married." Suggested one of his henchmen.

"Who is this Lee Min Ho?" He threw the magazine with Lee Min Ho and his band mates on it. "Find out about him! Report to me! ASAP!" He said in a rage and his face became red and his vein could be seen on his forehead.

Haraboji got on the phone to call someone, "Secretary Ahn, set up another meeting with the Lee's. Tell them I want to forego with the arrange marriage."

************

That night, when Mr. Lee reached his home and being greeted by his beautiful bubbly wife, he informed her regarding the wish of Park's family "Yoebo... It seemed that the Park family would like to have another meeting..." Min Ho's father told his wife as his wife helped him took off his coat and his bag.

"Eo? Didn't we tell them we are not interested?" Min Ho mother reiterated.

"Ara! But this is why I want to hide who our son is from this world. They are all sharks. I will find a way to tell them..." Min Ho father said seriously as he looked at their family picture with his beautiful daughter in law in it. "We must protect our son's happiness.They cannot find out about his marriage as well..."

**************

Feeling unsettled with the idea of his granddaughter being pregnant and the fact that his son hid his grand daughter's marriage from them for obvious reason, haraboji decided to confront his son and his wife.

"Oboji?" Shin Hye's father felt weak when his father appeared in front of his home. He sensed something dark as he could see from his face. 

"O-O-Obonim?" His wife said nervously as she appeared behind her husband.

"What brings you here?" Jin Ho asked his father.

"Are you not going to invite your father in?" Haraboji asked sternly.

"Eo? Neh... do come in." Jin Ho opened the door. Haraboji entered with two of his henchmen and headed to the living room to sit. 

Sun Hee ran to the kitchen instruct her maid to  prepare the usual herbal tea that haraboji always loved.

"What brings you here Oboji?" Jin Ho asked his father as he shifted uncomfortably on his chair.

"I wonder if you have found uri Na Bi?" Oboji asked as he smiled cooly at Jin Ho.

"Waegereyo?" Jin Ho asked back.

"Hmmm...." Haraboji wondered as his hand searched for something in his pocket.

As Sun Hee came out carrying cups of tea, Haraboji threw out a few pictures.

"How did..." Jin Ho picked the pictures of the table. One flew close to Sun Hee's feet and she looked.

*Crash*

The tray fell on the floor, the cups shattered.... The maid came running to clean up. Sun Hee backed a little with fear on her face...

"Do you think I would just sit still?" Haraboji voice raised.

"Oboji..." Jin Ho tried to calm him down. 

"Do you know that she is pregnant with that lousy son in law of yours?" Haraboji stood with both hands on his hips. "How could you let that person touch her! Uri Na Bi is precious!" He said loudly.

"O-Obonim... please..." Sun Hee tried to beg her father in law to be more reasonable. "Think of Shin Hye. She loves him so much." 

"What?! What?!" His eyes widened in anger. "What do they know about love? She's only coming to 19? Lust? He's a singer! He's surrounded by beautiful girls! Once he's bored of her, he would just dump her!" Haraboji kept on spewing accusation.

"We met the parents. He is from a stable family. The parents adore Shin Hye." Jin Ho tried to convince his father. 

"Any parents would! You even would adore Shin Won's boyfried! Once they broken up? Then what? Are just going to convey how sorry you felt? How you wish they would still be together? All you could say is, we'll support you no matter what?" Haraboji countered.

"HARABOJI!" Shin Won entered the house. "I knew I felt uneasy somehow." Shin Won said as he entered the living room.

"I am sure the family of Shin Hye's husband are very respectable. They took the responsibility. In fact, her husband was the one who insisted on marriage." Shin Won stood up.

His grandfather scoffed at him. "What do you know? I live to see the world more than you do. He's only doing that out of guilt" His haraboji insisted.

"There is no way to talk to you isn't it?" Shin Won felt aggravated.

"There is... consider this, I will ruin that boy's career unless..." Haraboji smiled.

"Unless what?" Shin Hye appeared.

"Ah... Uri Na Bi is here... You look tired. You must blame it to that stupid boy." Haraboji said.

"Stop saying untrue stuff about him, haraboji. He takes good care of me and his family too. I love them." Shin Hye tried to hold her tears.

"Ani... You want to think it that way... Hmmm... Here's my proposal. " He looked at Shin Hye smiling. "Abort the baby and come back to me, I shall give you the world. Marry the Lee's son and your position in our world will be strong and unshakable." He announced.

"WHAT?!" Shin Won uttered in disgust.

"This baby is innocent and it deserves a chance of living just like you and I!" Shin Hye's motherly instinct kicked out.

"The baby IS innocent but the parents' AREN'T." Haraboji pointed out. "The baby will have such a difficult life. Imagine how the society would view him or her when how she or he was conceived would be found out?" Haraboji raised one of his eyebrows at Shin Hye. "I am merely giving you a chance to recuperate and lead a more dignified life." He inhaled deeply as if he was satisfied with his argument. "I shall take my leave. Think about my offer. "  Haraboji and his henchmen walked out of the door.

Shin Hye's knees felt weak, she dropped to the floor and cried. Her mother ran to her to sooth her.

"Calm down dear. Think of your baby. You need to be strong from now on." Her mother advised her as she hugged Shin Hye tightly. Her father came to join both of the women he loved and he hugged them. 

"Is wrong for me to find my own happiness? This baby is innocent." Shin Hye sobbed as her mother tried to calm her down.

Her father was out of words of what to say, he went closer to his daughter and offered her a warm hug.

Shin Won looked at his parents and sister and felt the urged to save them. 

**********

Min Ho was watching television at his wife's apartment. Shin Hye had informed him that she went to visit her parents. Min Ho finished his practice earlier than usual. When he heard the door unlocked, he turned and smiled to his wife but..."Gwenchana?" Min Ho greeted Shin Hye as she entered her apartment. She looked weak and pale. "Maybe we should go to the clinic. You don't look well." He was worried.

"Ani... I am fine. I think I am just hungry." She lied to him. 

"Really? Do you want me to cook?" He asked. 

"Let's just order in. "Shin Hye suggested. "I feel like having jjajangmyon." She smiled.

"Alright! I'll order it up for you and you go and change." He suggested.

"Thank you!" Min Ho thanked the delivery man as he took the jjajangmyon.

"That smells good!!!!" Shin Hye beamed as she sniffed the smell of jjajangmyon. Min Ho smiled looking at his wife's cute action towards a simple food. Shin Hye ate her food well and she looked content. "Let's watch a movie. I felt like we deserve to rest a little bit." She announced. 

"Sure! What have you got?" Min Ho asked as he cleared the table.

"The classics... Hm... The sound of music?" She suggested.

Min Ho nodded smiling at her.

As they were watching the lovely family, Min Ho slipped behind Shin Hye and hugged her from behind. Shin Hye felt relax whenever she was around her husbands arms. She leaned back. Min Ho held her tightly and he felt something different with her body. He tummy felt hardened and proturded a bit. Shin Hye noticed that his hands lingered for quite a few times at her tummy. She prayed he wouldn't suspect anything. She wasn't ready to tell him yet.

********

"He has the right to know!" Shin Won scolded her when he found out that his brother-in-law had no clue of his sister's pregnancy. "What good would it come if you don't tell him? It's not like you could lie or hide from him. Your tummy is going to get bigger."

"I know! Just give me time!" Shin Hye asked of her brother.

*********

"I have something to tell you..." They were on their alone vacation trip to Jeju. The place where they got married. They were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter