Chapter Eighteen: Me, you and our little one...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are we heading to boss?" Asked his assistant.

"Hotel. I need to check on the progress."Min Ho answered.

"Agessemida Boss." His assistant turned to the driver and asked him to head to the MS hotel.

****

"So far the progress has been very well perceived and we are providing to cater our clients." Reported the manager.

"No problems at all?" Min Ho asked.

"So far none. All of our clientelles are very happy with the service that we are providing. Adding the fact that they know who you are, some are just staying over in hoping to see you around." The manager smiled as he reported.

"That's good to know." Min Ho smiled.

"Prepare me the pent house. I will be bringing in my family to stay over here." Min Ho told the manager.

"Agessemida sajangnim." The manager nodded.

"One more thing, please keep it quiet. " He warned the manager. 

"I will assign only our best to serve you." The manager promised.

"Secretary Jung, call the driver. I need to fetch my son." He instructed his assistant. Min Ho gestured to the manager that he was dismissed.

Min Ho texted Shin Won that he would be coming over to pick up his son.

*********

"Appa Minnieeeee!" Eric squeeled as soon as he heard Min Ho's voice.

"My son!" He picked up Eric and kissed him on his cheek. "Have you prepared your things?" He asked his son.

"Joong Mi is still preparing his clothes and stuff." Shin Won answered from the kitchen. He was having his tea as he was reading articles.

"Go help Imu. Appa wants to talk with Samchon." Min Ho explained as he put down Eric. Eric ran towards his room and immediately Min Ho could hear Joong Mi being nagged by his demanding son.

"Anyeonhaseyo Hyung." Min Ho said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yo!" Shin Won looked up and gestured Min Ho to sit. "When did you come back? Shin Hye told me that you won't be back until next week." He packed his paper up and poured Min Ho some tea.

"Thank You Hyung." Min Ho sipped his tea. "I decided to come early, I did plan to return to Korea first but I took direct flight. I don't want to miss them both too much." Min Ho smiled sheepishly at Shin Won. "Oh, hyung. That episode Shin Hye had, how did that happen?" Min Ho asked.

Shin Won remembering that sighed heavily. "Mianata Min Ho, it was because she was having constant anxiety. I wasn't next to her a lot to offer comfort. I thought she was really strong but I forgot, post-natal stress, that was what she was having. She had been great since Eric turned 2 years old. Eric was becoming more interactive and it took her time from thinking sad memories. I hope she won't get it anymore. You're here. She felt safer. I think that night, it was her guilt towards her son. If she ever has one, you need to do the way oboji taught you that night. I think when she felt your warmth she felt safer." Shin Won explained. 

Min Ho nodded his head slowly, he felt very regretful that his intelligent and beautiful wife had to face such episode. He could almost feel the pain in his heart of what Shin Hye had to face. "I will never let you get hurt anymore..." He whispered to himself.

****************

Shin Hye waited for the two men she loved the most patiently, the three of them passed their PHD and gained their doctorate. Jamila was being scouted by many hospitals but she planned to go back to India to teach in the University over there. Eun Kyung planned to work in UK for sometime and then will return back to Korea.

"Let's keep in touch!" Shin Hye told the other two girls. 

They hugged each other and Min Ho appeared with Eric in his hand. 

"Eommaaaaa...." Eric ran to Shin Hye enthusiastically seeing his mother. 

"Ericcccc..." Shin Hye squeeled happily as she hugged her son.

"Chuka he yo Eomma!"Eric congratulated his mother.

"Omo! Who taught you that?" Shin Hye said as she her son's hair.

Eric pointed at Min Ho, "Appa Minnie!" He exclaimed excitingly.

"Very good! That's my boy!" She kissed his forehead. 

Min Ho stretched out his hand to her and Shin Hye accepted it. Eric looked at them both and made his happy squirrel face.

"It's starting to be a habit." Min Ho looked at Shin Hye pointing out Eric's face. Shin Hye smiled at her cute son. "Chukaheyo Yoebo!" Min Ho kissed Shin Hye's cheek which made her smiled more. "Dr. Park!" He exclaimed. "Will you do the honour to spend the day with us two adorable men?"

"Of course!" She answered cutely at them. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see." He said smiling as the three of them walked hand in hand towards Min Ho's limousine.

*********

"O-Oppa... Why are we at the concert hall?" Shin Hye asked confused as she held tightly her son's hand. Eric was looking around the huge hall feeling excited.

"I have something to ask you... I need you to be brave for this..." He said slowly.

Shin Hye's tried to breathed in and looked at him confidently, "I will try..."

"Today is my 'Announcement concert.'s' practice for tomorrow" He stared into Shin Hye's eyes to wait for her reaction. 

"'A-Announcement C-Concert'?" She stammered feeling nervous.

Min Ho immediately held her upper arms to hold her in her place, he looked deeply into her eyes," I am going to announce my retirement and I want to focus my life on you both." He told her. Shin Hye was surprised as she did not expect for him to tell her that. "Don't worry, I won't tell the world who you both are but I want you to witness it." He said.

"Min Ho!" He heard his name being called. Min Ho turned around and saw his manager, he waved at him. Shin Hye immediate reaction was to hide herself behind Min Ho with her son. "Is that Park Shin Hye-ssi?" She heard him called her name.

"H-How did he know me?" Shin Hye whispered behind Min Ho.

"He was my agent back in the old agency."Min Ho told her.

"Omo..."Shin Hye panicked.

"Relax... He's fine." Min Ho told her as he quickly held her hand fearing she would run away.

The manager ran towards him excitedly as he got to see one of the old trainees from their old agency.

"Park Shin Hye-ssi?" The manager called her out again. Shin Hye peeped behind Min Ho. 

"Ah.. Neh..."Shin Hye responded. Min ho moved next to her to let his manager see her. 

"Wow! You look more beautiful than I remembered." He exclaimed not believing his eyes.

"Yah.. Yah... Don't you dare look at my wife like that. " Min Ho stepped up again and hid his beautiful wife behind him.

His manager laughed seeing Min Ho being very protective of his love one. "Who is that Appa Minnie?" HIs manager heard a cute child voice in between Min Ho and Shin Hye. 

"Appa?" His manager repeated. He looked at Min Ho who smiled sheepishly. "I-Is that your son? I thought you were kidding." He said surprised. 

"Meet... Pa... Err..." Min Ho stopped a little bit contemplating to tell his son's name.

"Lee Shin-Il." Shin Hye whispered behind him which made Min Ho smiled happily.

"Lee Shin-Il or Eric Lee." Min Ho introduced his cute son who held his hand tightly and stayed closed to his father's leg. 

"Wah... You're a complete set now." His manager said not able to believe what he was seeing at that moment. 

"Yes! A complete happy family." Min Ho said proudly as he moved Shin Hye next to him and put his arm around her. 

"Are you ready for your practice?" His manager asked. "Your wife and your son can sit on the chairs here." He pointed at the front seats.

"Why don't you seat there with Eric." He told Shin Hye.

She nodded and took Eric in her hand and walked to the front seats.

"Eomma.. What is Appa Minnie doing?" Eric asked Shin Hye.

Shin Hye turned to face her son and smiled, "Appa is going to sing for us." She told him.

"Really? YAHOOOOOO!" Eric cheered. 

Min Ho who was adjusting his microphone looked at his handsome son and smiled happily. He then turned to look at his beautiful wife and winked at her. Shin Hye blushed shyly. 

"This is to my number one fans, my beloved wife and son." He announced clearly. He could hear the surprise gasps from his dancers and musicians on the stage and some even tried to find out who they were. 

"Omo! He's married?" Shin Hye heard some of the staff not far from them.

"Is that his wife? She's pretty... and is that his son?" 

"What? A lot of his fans are going to be frustrated."

"My gosh, his wife is so beautiful! They suit each other well."

Shin Hye grimmaced a little bit, it had been a while before she was being the centre of the attention. She held her son's hand tightly while her son happily cheered for his father.  She tried to give him a supportive smile. 

A staff ran to Min Ho and handed him the guitar he bought from Mr. Smith and tuned it. He started to pluck the string and to Shin Hye's pleasant surprise...

"I didn't realize...

When I first lay my eyes on you...

You stole my heart away...

I tried to ignore you... 

But your love ...

was already printed in my heart."

 

"It's our song..." Shin Hye whispered. Her eyes became moist as she was welling up remembering when they first playfully created the song.

*******

Secretly dating at the Agency's rooftop,

Min Ho was staring at Shin Hye as he plucked playfully his old guitar. Shin Hye was humming along even though there was no specific melody he was playing.

"Oppa!" She said suddenly feeling excited. "What if we create a song together?" Shin Hye suggested with her clear beautiful big eyes looking at him. Min Ho was drowned into  her beautiful stare.

He immediately stuck inspiration and started to play a melody and Shin Hye tried to catch the tune and started to sing her lyric right on top of her head.

"I didn't realize...

When I first lay my eyes on you...

You stole my heart away...

I tried to ignore you... 

But your love ...

was already printed in my heart.

Hmmm.....

I think...

I am in love...

with you...

Only you...

Only you...

In my mind...

In my heart ... Min Ho added as he caught up with her song

Only you...

Only youuuu

Min Ho took over the next lyrics

"If it's you who steal my heart,

I don't care...

I don't mind...

I want you to be the only one

who steal my heart...

Leave your print in my heart...

Forever and ever...

Hmmm.....

I think...

I am in love...

with you...

Only you...

Only you...

In my mind...

In my heart ... 

Only you...

Only youuuu

******* 

"Oppa...." She whispered feeling very nostalgic.

"Eomma... why are you crying?" Eric asked as he used his tiny hand to wipe out his mother's tears.

"Ani... Your Appa's song is very lovely.. Eomma chuahe..." She told him as she her son's hair. Eric got closer and kissed his mother's forehead. "Omo... You are the cutest boy in the world." She kissed him on his cheeks. 

"Excuse meee... The two lovebirds down there... Please... Don't make me jealous!" Min Ho said on his microphone loudly. Shin Hye and Eric looked up as they smiled. "Eric.. yah... Do you want Eomma to sing?" He asked.

Shin Hye immediately put both her hands up and indicated she didn't want to do it. She shook her head fervently denying his request. He pouted at first and then he talked to the microphone, "How about you all here? Do you want to hear my wife's angelic voice?" People at the hall cheered.

"Encore!"

"Encore!"

"Encore!"

Min Ho put down his guitar and walked to the front of the stage and squatted when he was directly in front of his shy wife. He put out his hand and called her. "Pleaseeeeee!" He begged.

"Eomma! Do it! Eric wants to hear it." Eric pushed his mom from her chair.

"Yah.. Eric..." Shin Hye glared at Eric a little bit as she was pressurised. 

Min Ho jumped off the stage and ran towards his family. 

"Yah!!!" She turned to MIn Ho and Min Ho could hear the shook in her voice. He immediately held her hand and looked at her. 

"I missed your singing... Just this once..." He promised. "Look at your handsome little fan here." As if Eric understood what his father was asking him, Eric pouted cutely so that his mom would give in.

Shin Hye exhaled heavily. She reluctantly stood up. Min Ho was so happy that he kissed her forehead.

"Eomma... Wan jang COOL!" Min Ho said to his son.

"Eomma DAEBAK!!!" Eric said to Shin Hye.

Shin Hye was surprised that her son was learning a lot of Korean words latel when he started spending time with his dad. She smiled at her son.

She looked at Min Ho, "Well... I can't disappoint my fan, can't I?" She smiled at Min Ho.

As they went up, people were commenting about them non-stop. They especially were mesmerized with Shin Hye's beautiful face. 

Min Ho picked his guitar up and handled it well as he turned the microphone to Shin Hye. "This time you sing it. Do you remember the lyrics?" He asked her.

"Just a little bit." She told him.

"We'll sing together then." He assured her and Shin Hye nodded shyly. She focused her attention to him as she was nervous. Min Ho started to pluck his guitar and played their melody as his head moved to the melody and looked at Shin Hye as he gave her an encouraging smile. Min Ho began the first line and looked at Shin Hye to join in and she did. She was a bit rusty at first but she easily got into the tune and sync with him well. 

*People at the hall clapping happily*

"Oh, My! Her voice is so sweet."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter