Chapter seventeen: Slowly stepping forward...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

London...

Shin Hye couldn't stop smiling when she received a package from Korea. She knew it was from him. Eric went out with Joong Mi and his uncle to play at the park. Knowing that her grandfather had stepped down from his devil throne, made life easier lately. They felt they could breathe and live like normal people but for Shin Hye and Min Ho to enjoy normal outing as a couple, they have yet to becareful as Min Ho is a public figure in Korea mainly and also in other parts of the world.

She slowly opened the package and saw his initial on the box. She stared at it for quite sometime as she didn't want to open it too soon.  Her heart felt blooming by just seeing the package alone.

"Aishh.. Jinja... You're being a teenager!" She hit her own head and chuckled feeling silly towards herself.

*Shin Hye's phone rang*

Shin Hye looked at the screen of her phone, it appeared to be an international number. She contemplated a little bit whether or not she should answer. She let it rang first. She had a rule regarding unknown number calling her. If they really want to talk seriously, they would call her again. When the phone went silence, she put it on the table once again and turn her attention back to the package. She touched the edges of the package.  She was startled...

*Shin Hye's phone rang*

Shin Hye: Uh.. Hello?

Person: Is this Ms. Park?

Shin Hye: Yes, this is she speaking.

Person: Are you sure?

Shin Hye was beginnning to get annoyed at the other person.

Shin Hye: Can you please verify which Ms. Park are you looking for?

Person: *Chuckled* 

Shin Hye: I think you are being rude here, sir.

Person: Ara.... Ara.... Mianhe... Na, your husband.

Shin Hye: Ah... Cham... Aish... You must be having fun over there. (She sulked)

Min Ho: Ani... I miss you a lot. I want you here.

Shin Hye: My final thesis presentation is around the corner. I hope I got all the information solidified. I am scared.

Min Ho: Wae? My baby girl is as genius as Einstein.

Shin Hye: Einstein also go through several fall outs.

Min Ho: Did he give up?

Shin Hye: Ani! 

Min Ho: There you go! Don't give up.

Shin Hye: Oppa... Gomawoyo...

Min Ho: Eo?

Shin Hye: For your support.

Min Ho: It's my duty to you. Shin Hye yah...

Shin Hye: Eo?

Min Ho: Ppalliiiii.... Finish up your study! I want to date you! I want you! I want you!

Shin Hye: *couldn't help laughed* Ahh.... Kyeoptta Oppa...

Min Ho: Ara... I am only cute for you. 

Shin Hye: Ah... Cham... Jinja... Having one baby at the moment is enough.

Min Ho: Hmm... I think Eric will need a dongsaeng or more soon.

Shin Hye: I was talking about you, big baby!

Min Ho: I am Aegi Appa! Anyway, I will see you both in two weeks time and make sure that you are free by that time. Ara? Ara?

Shin Hye: Arassoyo sajangnim...

Min Ho: So, are you now confident enough about your presentation?

Shin Hye: I am but I heard this time we have a special interest group.

Min Ho: Special interest group?

Shin Hye: Once in a while, our theses would be passed around the porfessors around the world especially if you are proposing or hypothesing something new and current. Some were interested in my theses and of course the others as well, so, we might be having international professors to find flaws in our thesis. *SHin Hye sighed heavily*

Min Ho: Shin Hye yah... 

SHin Hye: Eo?

Min Ho: Jik Jin! Ara? I know you can do it! No matter what, I am behind you, I will break your fall. I will help you up. Ara?

Shin Hye: Arassoyo... Keunde...

Min Ho: Hmm?

Shin Hye: Pogoshippoyo Oppa. 

Min Ho: Na deul. I hope my gift came in time. 

Shin Hye: I am staring at it now. It has just arrived an hour ago.

Min Ho: Open it now!

Shin Hye: Later... I love the packaging. I don't want to tear it off yet. 

Min Ho: Up to you my love. I have another meeting coming up. I can't wait to see you soon. I love you!

Shin Hye: I-I.. Sarangheyo Oppa. Bye

Shin Hye felt a lot better after talking to her husband. She felt an injection of confidence within her. It felt good to know that someone was there for her. Eric had been great too but Min Ho made her life felt complete and perfect. 

"I really... really miss you Oppa." Shin Hye whispered as she laid her head on the package she received imagining that she was laying her head on his strong chest. She closed her eyes, it was as if she could hear his heart beat. 

*****

Australia

Min Ho stared at his phone for a bit before his manager knocked his door and enter. He really missed Shin Hye. Compare to missing her six years ago, at that moment, knowing she was back in his life made his missing feelings at times unbearable. 

"What's with the sad look?" His manager asked.

"I wish I could pull that person out of this phone and hug her." He told his manager.

"Eo?" He looked confuse. "Ah.. Cham... I forgot that you already found her." His manager admitted. "How is she doing? Is she still as beautiful as she was back then?" His manager asked curiously.

"She's way hotter now and the more reason why I don't want people to see her." Min Ho winked. His manager had been with him through thick and thin. When he decided to leave the corrupted agency, his manager decided to go with him. CNBLUE also moved out of the agency as they could not stand the ideas that the directors had been irresponsibly playing with people's life. "Beside, now that our son is also in the picture, I need to let him have a normal life." He sighed more, "Hyung, thank you for always being with me." He hugged his manager.

"Waeee? Are you leaving soon?" His manager hadn't the faintest idea that he was planning to retire from being a singer. 

"I have been thinking of retiring. I want to focus on my family. I lost the last six years with them. It's time to be a real family man." He said before he released his hug.

"I see. I will miss working with you." His manager patted his shoulder.  Eventhough, it felt regretful but he had to respect Min Ho's wishes. "I hope I will get assign to a beautiful actress or idol girls group." He smiled cheekily. 

"Are you sure? What if you get someone like Sung Soon Iil?" Min Ho suggested.

"I rather retire and have ten children. Having to handle a crazy diva like her would probably make any manager re-assess their sanity!" Both of them laughed at that. "Well, look at the time. You have to get ready. This concert is well paid off. I heard some even offer to pay more to get your ticket." 

***********

London

Eric had fallen asleep after his fun day with his uncle, both Shin Won and Joong Mi were also early for their bed. 

"They must be tired trying to please my little squirrel." She said as she her son's head. She kneeled so that she could stare into her son's face. It gave her the feeling of calm and peacefulness. "Why can't you look like mommy? You took over your Appa's feature. Only that big eyes of yours look like mine." She traced his nose with her finger tip. Eric stirred to change position. 

"Appa Minnie...." He moaned and hugged the big pillow which he had drawn a smiley face and wrote My Minnie. Shin Hye stood up and smiled. She took a picture of Eric sleeping and hugging the Appa Minnie pillow. She'd like to show it to Min Ho. 

She then walked out of Eric's room and headed to the kitchen and faced her laptop again. "The battle of my brain!" She said to herself. She checked her work and at the same time was chatting with her coursemate, Kim Eun Kyung so that they could offer each other the support they needed.

"The usage of coconut oil as home remedies to Athmatic patient..." She re-read her title. "Why does it sound lame?" She thought to herself. She then grabbed the take out that her brother had bought for her and ate it while she reviewed her work.

She recalled the conversation she had with Dr. Isaac...

"You have got about three professors interested in your work and they might take you in as their student to further your study. Although your thesis may sound illegitimate but studies you have presented did show the validity of its value of helping to lessen the severity in athmatic patient particularly children. I hope you would study them in depth and do a lot of research to dwelve in the benefit it offers. Just like Olive Oil, I think this Coconut Oil study of yours may be as much interesting. Especially that nowadays, people are loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter