Twenty-five: A breathe of life....

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was wheeled in and transferred to the room that his father-in-law arranged for them. She looked pale and she was still unconscious. As soon as they gracefully transferred her on her bed which was next to Eric, Min Ho ran to her side and her hair. She looked really peaceful and he leaned closer to kiss her forehead. 

His mother entered and brought some food for him, "Ah-deul! Come and eat first, you need your energy and you need to sleep. I bought some clothing and towel. Go shower and change. You need to be healthy for your wife and son." She advised him. He was reluctant to move away from his wife. "I will stay here while you refresh yourself and I will prepare your dinner." She assured him. Then only he made a move and took the bag that his mother ed to him. 

When Min Ho went into the bathroom, Shin Hye's mother appeared at the door and entered as she acknowledged Min Ho's mother. She slowly approached Shin Hye's bed and stood next to his mother. She reached her daughter's forehead and massaged it, she could see Shin Hye creased her eyebrows a little bit and then as soon as she massaged it again, Shin Hye relaxed. "She used to love me doing this to her whenever she was stressed." Sun Hee said to Min Ho's mother. "She was a happy baby. Nothing would make her feel down." Tears strolled on her cheeks. "You're such a strong baby!" She said to Shin Hye.

"She is indeed. I'll leave you with her first. I - I need to get some coffee." Min Ho mom said pretending to go out to get one. Sun Hee nodded politely. She darted her eyes to Eric who was sleeping peacefully.  She then watched all the wires connected to Shin Hye and two monitors which seemed to show her vitals and her baby. Shin Hye looked really pitiful to her eyes. What mother would tolerate such view of their children? She traced the IV drip that was next to her. Her heart hurt deeply. She slowly took Shin Hye's hand and held tight as she slowly closed her eyes. Her lips started to move chanting softly from what she could remember being taught in the church. She prayed really hard for her daughter's speedy recovery. 

Min Ho went out of the bathroom, "Oh.. Omonim..." He greeted his mother-in-law who was praying silently. She stopped and opened her eyes, she gave him a smooth encouraging smile. She pitied her son-in-law who looked exhausted and had gotten thinner. Min Ho placed the bag of his used clothes inside the wardrobe and then walked towards his mother in law. 

"Her vitals look good." Sun Hee told Min Ho. Min Ho looked at her in surprise. She saw his expression. "I was a medical student before but because I had to marry her father, I was asked to stop."She smiled and carressed her daughter's hand. "I do keep up with the development of the medical field. Just like Shin Hye, my major interest was paedetrics." She said calmly. 

"Wow... I married into a super family." Min Ho praised. Sun Hee smiled at him and then looked back at her daughter who was still sleeping peacefully. 

"We are not that super... We are just normal human being." She said humbly. She then noticed a bag from a restaurant and realized that her son-in-law had not eaten.. "Let me prepare your food dear." She slowly placed Shin Hye hand to her side and walked to prepare her son-in-law's food. 

"Ah... Thank you Omonim." Min Ho said gratefully to his mother-in-law. While waiting for his food to be prepared, he watched his wife's face. Shin Hye as if she knew he was staring at him, carved a beautiful and content smile. Min Ho smiled feeling calm. "What are you dreaming about?" He whispered softly as he carressed her face. She reacted a little bit like she usually does whenever he carressed her face during her sleep. "You better be dreaming about me." He warned her softly. As if she heard him, she smiled more and made a soft whimper as if she was teasing him. "Aish.. Jinja.. This youja." He continued. He leaned closer to her ear and whispered, "You do know you are mine forever and everytime you are in your next life." He then kissed her cheek softly. Sun Hee witnessing how caring her son-in-law was to her daughter let out a sigh of relief. 

"I will leave you here. We'll check on you tomorrow." She said softly and smiled at him. She then walked out of the room and closed the door. 

Min Ho walked to the small dining table across the room and sat. He looked at the food and smiled. He felt thankful for his supportive parents and families. As he sniffed his food, his stomach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter