Twenty-six: Forgiven but not forgotten...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye felt bored, she was still monitored at the hospital for the last three weeks. Her husband would always visit her without fail and her son had been nagging her to come home as he felt lonely. Shin Hye looked at the baby's monitor and smiled. The heartbeat of their baby was strong and the sound of it made her feel very calm and secure.

"Another life..." She whispered as she put her hand on her tummy. "What shall I call you?" She talked to her baby. "Your brother used to have a nickname. I used to love sour plum back when he was inside of me. So, I called him Sour Plum." She chuckled as she remembered how she couldn't go for a day without it. "You're one unique thing. I have no idea what I prefer now but I love the sight of flowers. Chamomille?"

"That sounds nice..." Said a timid and familiar voice.

Shin Hye looked up and smiled, "Y-Yuri-ssi..." Shin Hye tried to straigten her sitting posture.

"Eh.. please! Don't overburden yourself." Yuri ran towards her to help Shin Hye.

"A-ani.. Gwenchanayo." Shin Hye said smiling.

They were quiet for a few minutes as both of them didn't know how to start a conversation but Shin Hye was determined to not judge Yuri and especially her husband. Shin Hye tried to be very understanding. 

"H-How's everything?" Shin Hye asked her.

Yuri looked down and took a deep breathe. She suddenly fell on her knees and sobbed. "I am very sorry for what had been happening to your family. I am terribly sorry. Please forgive us." She begged.

"Y-Yuri -ssi.... Please.... Please don't be like this." Shin Hye tried to ask her to stand up. 

"No... No... We owe you and your family a lot. We have caused grief." Yuri insisted.

"Y-Yuri -Ssi... Kemenheyo.. Chaebal... please..." Shin Hye begged her.

There was a distress sign from Shin Hye's baby. The nurses were alerted and ran into her room to check on her.

"Please Samonim, you need to relax." The nurse told Shin Hye. Shin Hye nodded and breathed in. 

One of the nurses turned to Kwon Yu Ri, "Please leave the room and let our patient rest. She needs to fully recover." 

"Ah...Neh...  I am so sorry..." She apologized again.

"Please... Don't go Yuri-ssi.. Stay..." Shin Hye said as she laid down.

"But Samonim..." Insisted the nurse.

"Gwenchana... The baby is okay now. I will take account on it." She smiled assuringly to the nurses.

The nurse who seemed to be the chief for the day thought hard and looked at the other nurse before she nodded her head and left the two of them alone. 

"Yuri-ssi... please come here." Shin Hye requested. Yuri walked slowly towards Shin Hye's bed side and stood next to it. 

"I am so sorry..." Yuri apologized again.

"Please... stop... I forgive you... I understand your situation and honestly, eventhough, I was angry at your husband but I have decided to forgive him too..." Shin Hye said as she smiled at Yuri. 

"I..."Yuri was feeling rather calmer than before. Shin Hye reached out to her hand and held it.

"I understand the desire that your husband had in order to make sure that you and your son would have a comfortable life. He wanted the best education for Han Suk."Shin Hye massaged Yuri's hand. "I know deep down you would rather live a difficult life and have go through it together with him. Rather than him doing all those things. I get it... I understand." Shin Hye said calmly. Yuri cried, she cried as much as she wanted to as if she was letting all the heavy burden that she had been holding for a long time. Shin Hye shed some tears too, she felt what Yuri had to go through. 

"Eric... has been missing Han Suk... Why is he not in school?" Min Ho interrupted as he entered to check on his wife. 

"Aish... The nurse might have called you..." Shin Hye complained when she saw her husband's worried look.

"Obviously. Do you think you can pretend it doesn't happen."He looked at her monitor and his baby and felt relieved.

Yuri didn't lift her face as she was ashamed to face both of them."Yuri-ssi... Please don't feel burdened. You didn't do this. Your husband, in his desperation was manipulated." Min Ho explained. "We both understand the situation. While, others might see what we are doing, would call us foolish but we choose to lead a happy life and forgiving others is part of it. I went to see your husband two days ago." Min Ho announced. Yuri looked up to him in surprise. "Don't worry. I was just visiting him. I was worried about you and your son. Eric missed Han Suk so much. I couldn't find you anywhere, so I decided to see your husband."

 

Two days before....

"Number 56

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter