Chapter six: How Mr. Choi met Ms. Park

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: How Mr. Choi met Ms. Park…

Two years before Shin Hye ran away to work as a trainee, at a function hosted by the Park family.

“Ahh… President Choi. It is so good to see you.” Greeted Mr. Park to a man who was in a very sharply dressed man in his very expensive hanbok.

President Choi was accompanied by his beautiful wife who was also wearing a very traditional and expensive hanbok with her hair beautifully done topped with a beautiful exotic flower on her hair. His two very handsome sons were also there with him in their high end suits looking very smart and proper for the occasion.

“Yes… Yes… It is also very good to see you again President Park.” President Choi greeted back. “You do know my wife and these are my two sons. The eldest one is Choi Seung Hyun and the youngest one, Choi Seung Gun. Sons, do greet Mr. Park.” President Choi told his sons. Both of them obediently greeted President Park.

“Aigoo such filial sons you have President Choi. Your wife must have raised them extremely well.” He praised. Mrs. Choi who in turn blushing by his compliments.

“Aish… You are too much President Park but your wife did much better than I do, you have a very beautiful daughter and of course one very highly accomplished son, Dr. Park Shin Won.” She returned the compliment.

President Park let out a very proud laughter, “It’s nothing. My wife indeed is a very good mother and wife. She will be out in a minute. Uri Ah-Tal need help with her hanbok. She had just returned from America and soon she will continue college.” He explained to President Choi. “ Ah… here’s my son.”

Park Shin Won walked regally towards his father and greeted the Choi family.

President Choi was quite impressed with Shin Won’s persona and mannerism, “I bet he will be such a great person to run your business in the future.” President Choi predicted.

President Park smiled proudly as he nodded to his son who in turn bowed respectfully to President Choi, “Your eldest do seem to be a very good suitor for your post in the future as well President Choi,” As President Park patted Choi Seung Hyun’s shoulder.

“But, Seung Hyunnie is more interested in medicine field.” President Choi informed President Park who displayed a surprised expression on his face.

“Wow! That’s even better. I bet your hyung here can help you out. He is finishing off his specialist study on Neuro in Oxford.” President Park explained. “Why don’t the three of you enjoy your time together? Shin Won?” President Park suggested.

Shin Won stepped up and smiled at Seung Hyun and Seung Gun. “Let’s grab something to eat. So, which uni are you in?” He talked to Seung Hyun comfortably as they walked towards the buffet table.

“Oboji sends me to US. I will start my residency soon.” Seung Hyun told him. “I applied to Chicago University Hospital.”

“Wow! I heard it’s the best and the busiest. You’ll sharpen your skill faster there. Oxford is a bit slow some day. I think I might want to try practice my specialist course in US. It’ll be a good change. Shin Hye applied in US as well.” He said as they lined up for the buffet.

“Shin Hye?” Seung Hyun asked.

“Neh… My dongsaeng.” Shin Won explained. “ She will stay with my Imu. Eomma’s  sister resided in US as well,” Shin Hye said as he grabbed a few food items from the buffet.

“Where in Us is she staying?” Seung Hyun asked politely still feeling shy towards Shin Won.

“Chicago as well. She was married to an American man but they got divorced. She works as a nurse in Chicago University Hospital. You might meet her if you do your residency there.” Shin Won continued.

“What’s her name? I’ll try to remember.” Seung Hyun asked.

“Cathrine Eun.” Shin Won said as they settled on a table. “There are so many turn outs today. The charity never fails to attract the rich and the wealthy.”

Seung Hyun just smiled at Shin Won’s remark.

“Ahh… Shin Hye yah…” Shin Won called as he waved to his younger sister.

A beautiful lady in a very crisp exclusive hanbok appeared. She politely bowed to Seung Hyun and his brother. Seung Gun’s jaw dropped open as he saw the beautiful Miss Park.

“Annyeonhaseyo… Park Shin Hye Imnida.” She introduced herself and took a seat next to her brother. She smiled at them. “Please, do not mind me, do continue with your conversation.” She said.

“Ah… Shin Hye yah.. These are President Choi’s sons. Choi Seung Hyun and Choi Seung Gun.” Shin Won introduced them.

“Ah.. Neh… It is very nice to meet you.” She said smiling politely at the both of them.

“Ah… Yes… Shin Won Hyung told me you are applying for college?” Seung Hyun tried to sound cool as he controlled himself.

“Ani… Oppa… I finished my A levels remembered, I’ll be going straight to Uni. I am thinking of US or Canada but uri Appa wants me to stay with Imu in Chicago, so I might apply into Chicago Uni.” She explained in a friendly manner. She noticed Seung Gun who was staring at her with his mouth opened. “So, Seung Gun, what about you?” She smiled at him.

Seung Gun cleared his throat, “Erm… I like art so I am thinking of going into Arts College here. I don’t plan to study abroad yet but I will go to France to continue my study in the future.”

“Wow!” Shin Hye’s eyes widened filled with interest. “You will love it there! Right Oppa?” She turned to her brother as she nodded indicating how she had loved it in France.

“Definitely! It’s a city filled with arts!” Shin Won said. The siblings’ warm mannerism really helped to ease the Choi brothers. It doesn’t take that long for them to get acquainted to one another.

“Are you not hungry?” Seung Hyun asked Shin Hye.

“Eo?” Shin Hye then laughed as she then realized that she had forgotten to eat. “Neh.. I totally forgot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter