Chapter ten: Mianhe... I will never abandon you...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

London.

Shin Hye took a week's rest from her school and practice time. Joong Mi helped to take care of things around the house as the doctor had told her to let her feet rest or the swelling would not go down.  It had only been three days and Shin Hye was already feeling restless as she hated to just lay down on her bed or sat on the sofa just watching television. She decided to focus on her study and edit her thesis while she was free.

Joong Mi couldn't help notice Shin Hye's annoyance of not able to move around a lot as she was known to be very active and love to progress forward. 

"Aish... Kemenhe Shin Hye Yah..." Joong Mi told Shin Hye as she brought her a cup of herbal tea that Shin Hye always liked.

"Gomawo Eonnie." She sipped her tea. "It drives me crazy to just sit down here or around the house with my feet up most of the time. I need to feel the ground. The gravity." She whined at Joong Mi.

"You're not going to feel the ground a long time if you don't listen to the doctor." Joong Mi said as she sipped her tea. "So, that was the man that you have been running away from?" Joong mi asked.

"Neh..." Shin Hye answered as she nodded her head. "Though.. Eonnie... I feel so bad to have to keep pretending you as my maid. I don't feel comfortable about this."

"Don't worry too much about it. We have been doing this for six years. Until things settle and we are sure that we are safe then we can talk comfortably outside. Eric will be confused probably." Joong Mi chuckled. "Keunde, you are really good at derailing our subjects of conversation. So, Lee Min Ho?" She asked Shin Hye. Shin Hye looked at Joong Mi with her lips pressed which indicated that she didn't want to actually discussed about him.

"Yes... He is the 'mighty' hallyu star. The reason why I have to hide Eric and me. He has his career going on. I don't want to be the reason why his fame went down." She said with a trail of sadness at the end of her words. 

"Sigh... Why do we have to suffer for the people we love so much." Joong Mi said as she sighed heavily.

"Ara... that is the truth of truest love." Shin Hye said. "True love needs sacrifice." She added. "Do you miss Shin Won Oppa?"

"Hm... It'd be a lie if I say 'No'." Joong Mi admitted. "He's been busy in Japan lately. He's trying to get a tenure at one of the Hospital. He had to be careful since your haraboji might smell our plan. At least, Eomma is settled well in Japan. I hope to see her soon." 

"i hope your plan will go through. Eric and I will visit the two of you often. He's going to love it there." Shin Hye dreamed as she smile.

"You're not going to work out with Mr. Mighty Hallyu Star?" Joong Mi asked.

"I don't think I would want to. He gave me Eric. It's the best gift and I love him for that." She said trying to sound happy. 

"Hmm... I think Mr. Mighty Hallyu Star would want to work it out with you. I think he is set on living with you." Joong Mi assessed. She then paused a little bit as if contemplating of whether she should say it out of what was in her chest and Shin Hye somewhat noticed Joong Mi doing so.

"What is it Eonnie?" Shin Hye asked.

"Hmm... I hope you don't think that I am going out of the line saying this, don't you think Min Ho has the right to know that Eric is his?" She looked at Shin Hye to read her face.

Shin Hye shifted her eyes realizing that Joong Mi somewhat had said the truth. 'Am I violating his rights if I don't tell him?' She thought to herself. "I'll try to find the right time..."

"Eonji?" Joong Mi asked as if she knew that Shin Hye would actually not tell Min Ho, she would leave it to the flow of time and forgot about it.

"Well... When I feel it's right."She answered briefly avoiding being pressed further. Joong Mi just rolled her eyes at Shin Hye and scoffed at her answer. "Wae yo?" Shin Hye asked smiling knowing that Joong Mi was doubting her answer.

"Ani... I am sure that right time is somewhere near to 'Never'!" Joong Mi then ran to the kitchen as she laughed at Shin Hye who was dumbfounded by her.

"Aish Eonnie!" Shin Hye laughed.

As Joong Mi was washing her cup, the doorbell rang. Both of them looked at one another as if asking who they might think it could be and then at the same time shrugged at one another indicating none of them were expecting any guests at all.

Joong Mi ran to the front door and peeked to see who it was. She turned to look at Shin Hye who was looking at her expectantly and Joong Mi shrugged with furrowed brows as she could not recognize the person outside their door. 

"Dugu se yo?" Joong MI asked, they had made that trademark of asking people whom they do not know in Korean so that they would find out if that people were the ones being sent by Shin Hye's grandfather. 

"Na yo..." Whispered the person outside.

"Dugu?" Joong Mi insisted.

"Yah.. Yoebo..." Joong Mi face lit up as she recognized the person finally when he lowered his sunglasses.

"Oppa!" She beamed as she opened the door, Shin Won hurriedly went inside.

"Yah... What took you so long to open the door?" Shin Won asked as he took of his wig. 

Shin Hye couldn't help bu laughed as her brother revealed his latest hairstyle, going skin head. "Omoo Omoo Omoo.... Oppa!" She couldn't stop laughing.

"Waeeee?" Her brother asked confused looking at his sister laughing crazily. "Keunde! Why are you not in your class?" He fumed.

"Wait Oppa... You look like a Korean gangster."Shin Hye laughed unable to keep her face straight. 

"Yah!" He gave up on his sister. "What is her problem?" He wanted to hug Joong Mi but Joong Mi pushed him away trying hard not to laugh. "You too?" He asked. Joong Mi nodded and laughed finally. "Aigoo... You two have been living together for a long time. You think alike too." Her brother complained and then looked back at Joong Mi, "You! I need to take you away from her." And then he turned to Shin Hye, "And YOU!" 

"Waeeeeeegereyoo?" Shin Hye brother.

"Bad influence." He said as he narrowed his eyes at her. 

"Aigoo... Uri husband is in foul mood today." Joong Mi tried to soften Shin Won. "You look handsome. I miss you a lot." She hugged him as she kissed him on his cheek. Shin Won was about to kiss Joong Mi on her lips.

"Yahhh Yahhh! Get a room you two!" She shouted at them both.

"Aish..." Shin Won pretended to be annoyed at his sisters. Joong Mi took his travel bag and took it into her room. Shin Won walked towards Shin Hye and saw her foot with ice pack on it. "Wae?" He asked her.

"I sort of slipped in the toilet." She answered him as she sipped her tea. 

"Aish... You are always klutzy! Thank Goodness Eric doesn't take that side of imbalance of yours." He teased his sister as he stole her tea and sipped it.

"Yahhhhhh.... No way! I am not that klutzy! You're too much Oppa!" She rolled her eyes at him. "Keunde... He found me and Eric." 

Her brother spurted out his tea. 

"DUGU? Oboji? Haraboji?" His eyes widened in panic.

"Ani... If it were them, you won't be meeting us here Oppa. We would probably already abandoned the place. It's Eric's appa." She sighed heavily as she bit her fingernails. Shin Won could see that his sister felt uneasy about the whole situation.

"I see... But.. How?" Shin Won asked.

"He was shopping at Mr.Smith's musical shop. The place where I used to work. Eric as usual made his pit stop there to stare at the guitar I liked and long story short, he followed me here and along the way became a hero too, to Mrs. Eilder." Shin Hye spilled the beans.

"What are the odds?" Her brother said. "Maybe, it's fate." He said.

"Maybe, it's a coincidence?" She shrugged her shoulder not wanting to agree with her brother.

"I am off to pick up Eric." Joong Mi announced as she put on her watch.

"Gomawoyo Eonnie." Shin Hye called out.

"I'll be back soon." Joong Mi replied as she put on her shoes. "Do you want anything Chakgya?" She asked Shin Won.

"Hmmm... Just you two safely here." He announced as he waved to his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter